Feelin' likes it over...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hick said:
It is what it is because of the members. "YOU" have built the site. All that we (the staff) do, is toss trolls and sweep the floor. :eek:
And a big thanks to the staff for doing a great job.:aok:
A thanks button sure would be sweet.:cool2:

The back-up situation is not MarP's fault everyone. The host really porked the monkey on this one. ;)
MarP is frantic and disheartened. Also cost him a fortune himself. He'll chime in when he can. I just had a PM from him today.
Also he is in a way different timezone then us, so he may take some time posting or replying.
I PM'd him a lil while ago to hop in here and give us a status report ;)

As much as it felt like it was dieing a couple days ago, it feels like its

coming back to life a little more every time I log in.

im predicting a complete bounce back. :woohoo:

aslong as the site is up and running ppl will be coming and going

Tho I'm new here, everyone made me feel special. As I look at the "'Currently Active Users"..........I'm always first.

oldone said:
And a big thanks to the staff for doing a great job.:aok:
A thanks button sure would be sweet.:cool2:

The "Thanks" button was handy. You can however, still give thanks via the "Reputation" button on the left of each post. It looks like a small "scale" (or a bunch of grapes on some screens) and you can give good or bad rep.

Unlike the "Thanks" button, when giving rep, you can also type in a comment. You're not restricted to the length of the text box. You can type in a detailed thank-you if you like.

The amount of rep given is dependent on your status on the group. When an oldtimer here gives you rep, it can be a whopper. The thanks button was set at 10 points if I remember correctly. Its up to the site admin what ratio of points is given and how often it can be given.

Howzit Everyone? :holysheep: :ciao:

It's nice to be back on MP... Thanks for all your effort and expense Mar P for getting the old skool server up and goin'. It's nice to see some familiar avvy's again~! :rolleyes: even though my favorite :w00t: smiley disappeared I'm more than a little thrilled :hubba: to use some f the old faves that we haven't seen :eek: in quite a while...:p

I'm back because this is a great hang... and it's that because of all of you good peeps! Sure we get a fartknocker in here now and then but hellz they just make it more interesting til Hick bans em...;) :doh:

I will make a point of telling some of the peeps I didn't have contact with for the time the server was down about an alternate forum that I'm on so we don't lose contact if something were ever to happen and the site was shut down. :eek: Saying this was a good 'scare' is probly overstating it but I really like a lot of the peeps around here and there are more than a few that I would like to keep in contact with and MP shouldn't be my only link... that's MY bad and it's nice to be back~!

Peace~!:cool:

While I understand that MarP is a working man and is probably terribly busy and all, I would sure like to hear an update from him. It has been near 3 weeks since the original crash and we have heard from MarP one time, and in that message to us was this line that concerns me...

"What the future of the MarijuanaPassion forum will be is still uncertain, we let you know what the plan will be in the coming days."

That is such an open statement and the longer we are left hanging on the open statement the more can and will be read in to it.
This is my first internet forum home where I have felt such a part of the community and I would like to continue here, but the uncertainty and lack of mods presence (other than Hick) really have me wondering.

warfish said:
...lack of mods presence (other than Hick) really have me wondering.

I've seen KK, HempGoddess and Hick so far...

There doesn't seem to be much for them to do yet. Not many people are posting much yet.

dirtyolsouth said:
Howzit Everyone? :holysheep: :ciao:

It's nice to be back on MP... Thanks for all your effort and expense Mar P for getting the old skool server up and goin'. It's nice to see some familiar avvy's again~! :rolleyes: even though my favorite :w00t: smiley disappeared I'm more than a little thrilled :hubba: to use some f the old faves that we haven't seen :eek: in quite a while...:p

I'm back because this is a great hang... and it's that because of all of you good peeps! Sure we get a fartknocker in here now and then but hellz they just make it more interesting til Hick bans em...;) :doh:

I will make a point of telling some of the peeps I didn't have contact with for the time the server was down about an alternate forum that I'm on so we don't lose contact if something were ever to happen and the site was shut down. :eek: Saying this was a good 'scare' is probly overstating it but I really like a lot of the peeps around here and there are more than a few that I would like to keep in contact with and MP shouldn't be my only link... that's MY bad and it's nice to be back~!

Peace~!:cool:

Good to see you DOS. Very glad you are here.
Thanks Stoneybud for your updates. Glad you are here too.

StoneyBud said:
I've seen KK, HempGoddess and Hick so far...

There doesn't seem to be much for them to do yet. Not many people are posting much yet.
It is good that they have logged on, but for all we know all they are doing is checking to see if the site has imploded or not yet. Some reassurance is all I (and I am sure many others) would like. That reassurance needs to come from the man that runs the place imho.

warfish said:
It is good that they have logged on, but for all we know all they are doing is checking to see if the site has imploded or not yet. Some reassurance is all I (and I am sure many others) would like. That reassurance needs to come from the man that runs the place imho.

I agree...

it makes sense to me that this site ran for a long time on this server before the upgrade. so why wouldn't it continue to run like it did before the upgrade? it seems fine to me beside the whole picture posting thing. why worry about it. post like you always have just back up you info on paper.save your pictures on your hard drive. buy a calender to write dates down on.

its funny paper is what ppl used to keep track of things before the internet, now they've all forgot what it is.

slowmo77 said:
paper is what ppl used to keep track of things before the internet, now they've all forgot what it is.

I agree Slo.

Modern day is a vessel we all persue at speed.

Quick answers, quick solutions, instant info.

I remember my Gramps telling me to go fetch the daily paper because he wanted to know what happened last week.

When I looked in his desk he had scraps of paper that meant nothing to me but was his filofax of importance.

:peace:

i still read my local paper every week even though i could get it online. something about going out to get the paper and sitting in my chair to read it just relaxes me.

i've always kept a paper log of all my grows on a calender. this is just a hard lesson for a few ppl. don't put all your faith into one thing. things happen that are out of our hands. so be perpared for it. jmo

Rosebud said:
Thanks Stoneybud for your updates. Glad you are here too.

Thanks Rosebud. Its good to be back. I enjoy reading your posts.

I tried many sites when I first started growing. Every bit of help I needed was right here. I misplaced my grow books because I no longer needed them because of the fast replies to my calls for help. but it's not just about the grow. You were all here for me when I had other problems. Last year my brother was near death and I posted a thread asking for your prayers and healing thoughts for my brother. You were there then too. I will never forget the genuine caring that you showed me and my family. We are total stangers in "real life", but that didn't matter, and so... You are my MP "family". As long as MP is here (and by MP I mean YOU, the people that make it) I will be here.
That said, I have two other places I have "family", but I met them here. I will be where my "peeps" are. MP is not my exclusive hangout. It is definately one of my faves... One of 3. I don't EVER want to be in a position where I lose track of the people that mean so much to me. Crazy right? I used to laugh at the people that married folks they met in chats, and places like that. No more. Now I know how easy it is to love people you meet in type only, not face to face. Really... No reason to be fake, and you can sort out what and who appeals to you. I have made wonderful friends here. I have more good friends now than I ever have. You are here for me and each other, and I believe that many of you truly care. If the site goes down, I have other ways to keep in touch, but I will come back as long as the site is up, and YOU are here.
I don't think it's wrong to go to other sites where your friends meet. If I hadn't of had that, I would have lost all of you. I am one that couldn't get back on without one of my friends giving me the new link.
Blah, blah, blah... I know. But I luv my friends here! :heart:

Those are some great words Gone2pot! I joined in late 2010. For the little time I was here, (now I am back) I was really bummed when I could not log back in. There seems to be lots of great people here. I hope to continue and meet new peeps here! Good to be back. Happy and safe growing everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back