Feeling so homesick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

night501

night501
Reaction score
So, tommorrow is my 26th birthday.
I have been out here in California for going on 6 months. I havent felt homesick until now.
Back home for my birthday I would save some money and throw a party with the best smoke, everyones fav alchohol, and I would plan a nice buffet to last the night.
Everyone who ment anything to me would be invited, and the last few years we all had the greatest time.

Out here in Cali I dont have any real friends. Everybody I know are from work and they are more aquaintances than anything else.
I have to work on my birthday wich dosent bother me but after work all I have to look forward to is comming home and watching some TV.
I cant even smoke some herb cause I cant find any (havent had any since christmas).
This is all feeling a little overwhelming. I feel so lonely.
I dont know how to make new friends, everyone I knew back home I had known since elementary school.
I went for a walk earlier and just thought about things. I have been feeling so depressed ever since. At least if I had some smoke I could forget about how lonely I feel for a while.
I know this is kind of a rant but I didnt feel comfortable posting this on myspace. I guess I just wanted to annonymously get some things off my chest in hopes that it will help.

I'm sorry you're so homesick. And happy early bday. Wish I could be 26 again. Good times!!!

Anyways, get out there and meet people. You'll find em. Just gotta look. And if you are ever bored, Craigslist has some interesting personal ads and you may find people there.

Good luck.

Hey patna get a bottle at the corner store and hey you might just run into the Mary Johansen. Dont know what part of cali you in but i'm from the bay area and I know most places its just a matter of time b4 you see the man. So i say take the walk and see what's out there. Hey maybe a bar is around treat yourself man another one down.HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Did the bar thing last night.
not really into the bar thing. Dont like to drink, much rather smoke.

Try going to a pool hall. I hang out in a local pool hall from time to time and have met some cool people there. I see people come in alone all the time looking for a game. If someone looks really bad and then asks you to gamble say NO. Probably shouldn't bet at all unless you're really confident or like loosing money. If someone offers to let you take three balls off the table, like giving you a head start, this is an old hustle. Too many other hustles to list, but I know a lot of people there aren't gambling.

Most around here don't allow alcohol or really drunk people which is nice if your not drinking. Really drunk people annoy me really bad when I'm sober.(But there are a lot of other nights when i probably am that drunk annoying guy) Obviously this won't work if your not a pool player, but the age group is closer to us than a bowling alley or arcade.

I know what it's like moving around. I used to hate it. I actually attended 6 different high schools and always hated starting over. When I was a kid my family moved around a lot. I have no idea how many middle and elementary schools I went to. I've only lived where I am now for 8 years but I've made some decent friends. I remember at first all i did was hit on chicks because it's awkward to start a conversation with a guy. I've always been confident talking to girls so that's all i did for a while. Even though you're just looking for a buddy it doesn't feel right asking another dude what he's into and if he wants to hang out when you don't really know him. Seems sort of gay, you know what I mean or am I just rambling?

Anyways, for what it's worth I hope you have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Craigslist has some interesting personal ads and you may find people there.

Stay away from the craigslist hookers!!!

Night501, school's starting soon. Maybe you could take a class at the junior college in your town? If you're into science, take a class with a lab. In lab you'll have a partner or two. You're pretty much obligated to meet people.

night 501 happy B-DAY hate to hear about the rest of your troubles, keep a chin up things seem to work out better if you keep a posotive attitude. i have a lot of family in cali i know it is faster paced and less friendly in parts but go try a gd clean bar again people let there defenses down some when drinking and most are easier to talk to, just stay away from the beligerant drunk ...lol... good luck and there is always good people here to talk to.

night501 said:
So, tommorrow is my 26th birthday.
I have been out here in California for going on 6 months. I havent felt homesick until now.
Back home for my birthday I would save some money and throw a party with the best smoke, everyones fav alchohol, and I would plan a nice buffet to last the night.
Everyone who ment anything to me would be invited, and the last few years we all had the greatest time.

Out here in Cali I dont have any real friends. Everybody I know are from work and they are more aquaintances than anything else.
I have to work on my birthday wich dosent bother me but after work all I have to look forward to is comming home and watching some TV.
I cant even smoke some herb cause I cant find any (havent had any since christmas).
This is all feeling a little overwhelming. I feel so lonely.
I dont know how to make new friends, everyone I knew back home I had known since elementary school.
I went for a walk earlier and just thought about things. I have been feeling so depressed ever since. At least if I had some smoke I could forget about how lonely I feel for a while.
I know this is kind of a rant but I didnt feel comfortable posting this on myspace. I guess I just wanted to annonymously get some things off my chest in hopes that it will help.

Very, Very weird dude.

I'm almost in the exact same boat. All my friends back home i've had were from elementry school days. I only have work aquaintances too, i rarely hang out with them because all they do is drink, i'm with you.. not much of a drinker... I dont know how to make GOOD friends since all mine were friends for YEARS. Im going threw a depression stage as well and really started to get frustrated with my self because i can't make friends.. I'm not the loner type, so its really getting to me.

Its almost scary how your story is the same as mine. I feel 99.9% of your pain right now. It odd, knowing someone else going through this makes me feel a little better for some reason.

If you are lonely and bored, I suggest that you volunteer your time someplace to help those less fortunate than yourself. There is nothing like a day at a soup kitchen, or a pediatric cancer ward, or a veteran's home to make one feel better about their circumstances.

It is a sad thing,
When we were young we made new friends really pretty easy. That is because we didn't have so many prerequisites that had to be met. We kept it simple in those younger years. If you went off acting like a total butthead, someone just gave you a harsh warning, and it was either cool out, or get punched. Of coarse the worst was when no-one wanted to hang out with you anymore. So you just tried to be cool, and all would tend to go well.
As we grow older, we put more desires into the equation of what is needed for there to be a possible friendship.
Find something to do that just trips your trigger, and then go and get started doing it, even if it is something like making Bonsai tree's look good. Ya know ?
Try having some personal fun, like during the warm up of the weather go out and play Johnny Pot Seed. Plant as many as you can around the town, and then keep an eye on them, only don't get anyone suspicious.
When you learn to get back to the world of play you will find the others are already there waiting for you. Have Fun

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna :cool:

Alistair Young said:
Night501, school's starting soon. Maybe you could take a class at the junior college in your town? If you're into science, take a class with a lab. In lab you'll have a partner or two. You're pretty much obligated to meet people.

:yeahthat:....take their horticulture or agriculture program..you're only going to learn how to be a better gardener of your favorite herbs!!

happy birthday bro. you've got friends here always. i know it's not the same as personal interaction, but friends just the same.

i don't have many friends by my choice. i can't put my trust in alot of folks. everytime i do, its taken advantage of. i trust me...

your a young man though, and you do need friends around. how long you been out there? THG has a good idea. friends will come along, just hope thier just that, and not the two faced type. i met a couple a year ago, and they became a burden to me quickly. i don't have much, but they wanted, and wanted. i'm sure you've known the type. soo, just take it slow. friends come, and go all the time man.

with that said, get out there, and get to lingering with people. it's the only way to meet 'em. good luck out there friend...bb...

Ok so tonight I got off work and I get a phone call.
Some people I only hung out with like 3 times wanted to wish me a happy birthday. They invite me over and to my suprize they took the time to bake me a cake for my birthday.
I have no words as to how this made me feel.
I had to excuse myself so I wouldnt break out in tears.
Just that some people that I spent a little time with would do something like this for me is just so overwhelming that I am at a total loss of words.
I find it hard to believe that I made such an impression on these people I have only known a short period of time would think enough of me to do something like this. I honestly dont know what else to say. The depression I was feeling is totaly gone and I have such a love for them that I find it hard to express.
I mean I was feeling so down and something like this is just so out of this world. It is kind of like I need tgo take a gut check time as to what kind of person I am to deserve this kind of friendship.

That's good to hear, Night..i'm glad things worked out!

Happy Birthday, Bro :)

Alistair Young said:
This is great advice for probably ten different reasons. I highly encourage you to follow it.

One other point: EVERYONE has been in the place you're in right now. What you're feeling doesn't mean that there's something wrong with you or that you're somehow defective in a way that's different from others. Believe me, we are all just muddling through. Good luck, friend.

night501 said:
I mean I was feeling so down and something like this is just so out of this world. It is kind of like I need tgo take a gut check time as to what kind of person I am to deserve this kind of friendship.

..sounds like the kind of person that has made an impression..;)

sounds like you leave a pretty good impression on people, i think being home sick is one of the hardest things to over come you are deffinately on the right track "night 501" Just that some people that I spent a little time with would do something like this for me is just so overwhelming that I am at a total loss of words. these are the kind of people that become true friends :) gd luck in your new venture it should get a little easier now great luck on your new friendships....................

Latest posts

Back