Fem seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godspeedsuckah

Godspeed out!
Reaction score
Lately I have been considering trying a run with some fem seeds from Nirvana. I have read a lot of information on the subject and have had it rolling around in my head for months, but I want to know your experiences on the subject; good, bad, or ugly.

I am interested in fem seeds for the peace of mind that I will be guaranteed females. Has anyone done a re-veg with them, and if so did you have any issues with hermaphrodites?

Thanks in advance...Godspeed!

I think fem seeds are good for experienced growers like yourself, for not wanting to mess around with males...I get pretty good male to fem ratios with regular seeds, so I don't like to spend the extra money. Used to be fem seeds were a WHOLE lot more than regular, I have noticed that the prices on them have come down over the yrs.

I don't think newbies should start with fem seeds though, because chances are good that they will cause stress to the plants, and have a better chance of getting hermi's with fem seeds...Just my oppinion

Thanks for the input LF. I don't know about experienced but I do have some grows under my belt. My concern is the hermie possibility. The plants will be stressed on purpose to keep them short and fat; also I will be doing re-veg on all the best ones I get. I just don't want to put time into it if the end result will be less than satisfying.

Godspeed why not take a couple clones from each as you send them to flower instead of having to reveg clones??

Hey JAAM ;) I do take clones before they go into flower, but re-veg is always more fun. If a mother plant can handle all the stresses of growing, cloning, flowering and a re-veg without turning hermie on you than you have something real special to work with. Out of 10 or so plants I may only keep 1 that was my absolute favorite.

I am blooming out 3 phenotypes of Nirvana's Snow White strain. abosolutely no hermans and the gear is dankety dank dank. Its was Shantibab I beleive that I read up on that said to reducer shock and encourage females (tho your feminized) he said to utilize the blue end of the spectrum (I used a MHConversion lamp), increased Nitrogen level, and an 18/6 on/off for day cycles.

So far so good, buddy. Had a mutant seedling that was kinda stunted (which I culled) but my 3 goilz in bloom are just nugular and white (and still 28 daze out) frosted thick haired budz.

My next order will be definately from Nirvana!

Peace, my friends....

7greeneyes :D

I don't get femmed seeds much, but I haven't had a bad experience with the ones I've had. I have tried, however, to reveg them and haven't had much luck. Then again, I don't try to reveg much and the only times I have tried have been on femmed plants, so the plants may have just been victimized.

remember Puffin's snow white? 5 time re-veg at last count?...:D :cool: ...sure do miss 'ol boy...she was pulling down a lb. a grow, but as i remember the reveg took forever...but, 1 plant, 1 pound...thats what he pulled...

was'nt his turn around something like 16-17 weeks? it was a solid plant. and puffin knew how to tweak her...when i last spoke to him he was playing around with introducing uvb into his grow with her...

the way he described this girl gss, she was the most healthiest, sturdiest, easiest, dankity dank he ever grew in 35 years of growing...

Thanks guys. Hey Irish ;) I was thinking about Puffin the other day; I hope everything is well with him. I haven't made up my mind on the fem seeds; I will probably stick with what I have going on for now. I would hate to have one pop a nut and seed the ladies. I did a re-veg on that aurora indica I grew and she got big, very big. There are a lot of benefits in going that route.

Latest posts

Back