Female plants ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noelk

Experimental member
Reaction score
Hi all ,i am into nearly 5 weeks of vegging the first two weeks was really slow under florescent, and when on the 31 dec i put them under a lamp (mh 400w) they went wild with growth,now they are 12" tall, and it looks like they are showing their sex,even though i am not sure but this looks like female to me ,am i right???My grow room is 3 foot square and i have 15 foot of ceiling,lol, i have no extractor in there and i only use a fan 3 times a day for an hour each time,is that enough for the air flow?? or do i need to keep it on all the time??
Ah also i´v been on 18/6 can i now turn on to 12/12 if my plants are female??
the first 2 photos are the grow room, and the last you can guess .CHEERS FOLKS:confused: Ps this is my first indoor grow

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

Cant tell the sex yet.

You should have fresh air circulating in there for optimal growth.

I would keep the fan on all the time to help strengthen the plants.

go 12/12 then you can see the sex.

So those little leave things on the nodes aren´t pre flowers??:cry: :cry:

Hey Noelk- looks like you're off to a good start- That is only new growth in the photos, but that's a good thing!
IMO I would look into some lst in the resources section and keep vegging a while- they'll show sex on 18/6 when they're ready- mine usually show at 6-7 weeks. You'll really want to transplant before going full flower cycle so as to minimize stress once you go flower.
What kind of bulb you going to flower with? Is your MH fixture switchable? If not, you may want to look at conversion bulbs.
Just my thoughts- but that and 50 cents won't get you a cup of coffee!
Good luck to you.

Thanks all, well i´ll just keep hoping and watching closely,i am a bit anxious to see if they are females,i have an electronic ballast so i can switch to a hps when needed which is what i will flower with,and i think your right bbfan i´ll have to transplant again even though i have already,(once)they are in a 2 gallon pot,, is it best to do it now or can i do it when they show there sex?Thanks for the input folks:)

2 gallon is fine- save the soil for the ladies- transplant when you know which ones are girls.
Good luck to you.

noelk said:
Thanks all, well i´ll just keep hoping and watching closely,i am a bit anxious to see if they are females,i have an electronic ballast so i can switch to a hps when needed which is what i will flower with,and i think your right bbfan i´ll have to transplant again even though i have already,(once)they are in a 2 gallon pot,, is it best to do it now or can i do it when they show there sex?Thanks for the input folks:)

i find the males usually show sex first. and for some reason my males are usually the biggest or the tallest plants:confused2:

you have be patient.. that new growth.. let it grow.. you will see more leaves of that nodes.. after that.. sex should grow next.. no hurry..

you in good pace for now..

Like spontaneously appearing wounds on the hands, or feet like jesus?

Tater said:
HA!... I was confused at your comment, until I googled it.. :p
I'm still positive that I have heard them referred to as stigmas. But the definitions of stigma do not reflect it as the proper term.
stigma

In a flower, the surface at the tip of a carpel that receives the pollen. It often has short outgrowths, flaps, or hairs to trap pollen and may produce a sticky secretion to which the grains adhere.

Your thinking stigmata Tater.
We're talking about spontaneously occuring buds, bud!

What you think are pre-flowers are actually called stipules I believe. The flowers will eventually emerge between them and the stem once the plant has been on 12/12. Some of the lower nodes will never have a flower emerge from them, however, subsequent nodes will. Many times males are the first to show and are taller as nature designed the pollen to fall from the males onto the females. When starting from seed, take a clone from the most vigorous mother and all the clones will usually be just as vigorous.

.."stipules".. "stigmas".. they both start with an "s"..:confused2:..
that's what I get for relying on memory rather than double checking it ;)
thanks fish'

Tater said:
wots jesus got to do with it?????

I dunno, whats love got to do with it?

Latest posts

Back