fertilizer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsyJiM

Yiiiiha
Reaction score
i just buy one fertilizer called "XL-60"

in my local hydro the guy tells me its good for mary jane

the potency is 15-30-15

it cost me only 4 bucks so if its not so good i can take an other
this is for soil and is in dry form, i put it in water and then in my plant

What do you think about it ?

ThAnXz!!!!

Think you should of bought a whole nutrient line and followed the schedule. Then experiment with something after getting things dialed.

Isn't XL-60 a time-released fert for like tomatoes, etc? What sort of hydro store was that? I mean, where I live, the term "hydro store" is code for marijuana growing supplies store. We just don't mention it while we're shopping there.

If it is time-release, I wouldn't use it. When you go into flower you're gonna need a different NPK ratio as well. NouvelleChef has the best advice--get some good MJ nutrients. The 3 Fox Farm liquids are a good start--Grow Big; Tiger Bloom; Big Bloom.

i think it is time released. i stay away from stuff like that. btw i wish i could talk to my hydro guy about mj. lol

yeah...mj requires different amounts of different things, at different times through it's life. You will be robbing your plants by trying to feed something like that. For veg you want a higher first number thats your Nitrogen, and then in flower you want a lower 1st, with a higher 2nd (P) and 3rd (K)

I don't think your hydro clerk knows what he's talking about.

loolagigi said:
i think it is time released. i stay away from stuff like that. btw i wish i could talk to my hydro guy about mj. lol

I hear you, Loo. There's another thread around here talking about just that. I once ask my grow store guy a question about tomatoes and he looked at me like I was nuts till I told him I was serious. He didn't know the answer to the question either.

You can deny every single thing in that store but the carbon filters--come on, tomatoes and orchids don't need carbon filters.

Hmmm ok ...im going to give this to my grandma :D

I go tommorow for some more serius staff...

Thanks

PJ

If it's a decent grow store at all it's got to have soils like fox farm and roots organic which are great for growing in. Pay a little extra get a lot bag in bud quality and size of yield.

I remember in a post i started a few weeks ago LF told me a great mixture of 2 parts fox farm ocean forest mix and 1 part fox farm light warrior mix. The mixture is super rich and with that light warrior mixed in drainage is no prob.

My hydro store though is def made for marijuana growers which is weird for how florida stands on the matter. It's got anything you can think of grow wise and the dude is super cool, packaged up my entire system and prob cut the price down like 300 dollars.

15-30-15 is the same as MG Bloom which is what I mainly use . . . in flower.
It is the wrong ratio for veg.

ya.. hugs4nugs is rite.. FFOF is awesome soil for growing in.. and the light warrior is so lite and rich in feel.. somethin your roots could really dig in to..

hugs4nuggs420 said:
If it's a decent grow store at all it's got to have soils like fox farm and roots organic which are great for growing in. Pay a little extra get a lot bag in bud quality and size of yield.

I remember in a post i started a few weeks ago LF told me a great mixture of 2 parts fox farm ocean forest mix and 1 part fox farm light warrior mix. The mixture is super rich and with that light warrior mixed in drainage is no prob.

My hydro store though is def made for marijuana growers which is weird for how florida stands on the matter. It's got anything you can think of grow wise and the dude is super cool, packaged up my entire system and prob cut the price down like 300 dollars.

I mix in a small bag of perlite, and about a cup of dolemite lime(everyone says I don't need it...but I do it anyway).

I mentioned a med mj convention, and was asked to leave the store for saying the forbidden word...of course they told me I could come back tommorrow...I used to spend money there...there's another shop 10 miles up the same road.

legalize_freedom said:
I mix in a small bag of perlite, and about a cup of dolemite lime(everyone says I don't need it...but I do it anyway).

I mentioned a med mj convention, and was asked to leave the store for saying the forbidden word...of course they told me I could come back tommorrow...I used to spend money there...there's another shop 10 miles up the same road.

dont u jus hate that.. the "FORBIDDEN" word.. thats jus ridiculous.. its like u cant say bong when u walk in a head shop but bong is literally translated into water pipe.. i think these ppl need to sit back and smoke 1 to the head to release the massive stick up there *** sometimes.. but thats JMO

leafminer said:
15-30-15 is the same as MG Bloom which is what I mainly use . . . in flower.
It is the wrong ratio for veg.

What ratio you think is good for veg stage ?
and how often i should use it ?

4*3*3, or 6*4*4...just go with a good nute used for vegging and is not a time release nute. You want something either liquid, or soluble that you can feed once a week.

legalize_freedom said:

I can't help you too much on which one to pick, because I make my own, but it seems every bagged soil out there is light in regards to these 2 items. They cost extra to add, so they get skimped on.

In my own mix, very similar to Pro-Mix, I use at least 30% perlite and a bit over a cup of lime.

BTW, if you can find a garden supply place, try and find the 4cf bags of perlite. A 4cf bag of perlite goes for ~$17 here and is equal to ~120 quarts. You can do the math when you price one of the small bags.

For super easy, complete, and cheap nutes, check out Dyna-Gro. 100% complete (no additives needed, all Major, Minor, and Micro), Cheap at ~$17/qt and you only use 1/2 tsp/gallon. Grow is 7-9-5, Bloom is 3-12-6 and I also use Foliage Pro that is 9-3-6.

If you want to check it out for cheap, there is a guy on ebay selling 8oz of Grow and Bloom for ~$15 shipped for both. An 8oz size should easily last for more than 1 grow.

DD

Latest posts

Back