Fire Fire Fire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benamucc

is NORML
Reaction score
Overnight we recieved close to 10inches of WetWet spring powder. I got up extra early this morning to snowblow the driveway, so I could head off to the mountain, and get some first tracks.

When I came out of my driveway heading up the barn, I got a call on my cell phone (6am strange??) that the barn I was going to, was on fire. :eek:

Without getting into too many details, the smaller of my 2 barns was gone. Fire Marshall thinks the snow piled up too high on the back wall, blocked, or broke my exhaust pipe, and caused the old wooden thing to go up. The fact that we had nice strong winds last night didn't help.

On top of that, the electricity backfed into my main barn, and took down all my power. Aka no heat, or overhead garage doors on the 15ft doors. So I had to climb a 15ft tall A-frame ladder, and try to lift the door all the way up, to get out the old backhoe and try to clear snow. This is a comedy act tho, b/c it's only got a bucket in the front, and you can only plow off so much at a time, or the bucket just fills/spills...sigh...

If it's possible things could be worse, I JUST, finished the interior of the small barn with cabinets, work benches, tools, everything short of the autolift that was planned for spring. If you can imagine the autolift was the last piece you can imagine how many tools were in there.

In the pic, you might be able to make out the skeleton of my 3 year old tractor, with snow thrower on the front...maybe not... anyway...first call was to the tractor dealer (yes my man answered his cell on Sunday morning at 0630, cuz thats how country folk take care of each other :farm: ) and maybe by the end of the week I'll be able to get to the rest of my buildings by car. snowshoe for now...

Smoking joints tonight...not the bubbler...and I don't know if this counts as a rule infringement, so sorry in advance mod's, but i'm drinking some beers too.

DSC06466.JPG

Ps...check out the pile of firewood I had on the outside...that was a weeks work for 3 guys....prolly 8 chords from dead standing tree to the wall...plus 10cu yards mulch, but I still have that.... :rofl:

Wow. That is a terrible way to start a sunday morning. I wish you the best of luck in this predicament and hope that things start looking up for you. It can only be bad for so long before it starts to be good my friend. Good luck once again and I hope everything works out.

hopefully your insurance covers fire dammage to the property .... that would be a nice check at least .... if not ... chitty mang ...

Ill burn one and drink a few for yah too ... hopefully thats all that goes wrong this year for yah ...

Damn mang that's a real bummer. Hope everything works out for ya. ;)

Oh man, that totally stinks. :( Hopefully insurance will cover the damage and help you replace all that was lost.

Your snow is something else! Another reason I am glad we don't get much white stuff. Sure pretty to look at though.

Latest posts

Back