First ever grow (bagseed)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedrone

Talks real slow
Reaction score
Hello everybody. I have recently started a grow for my first time. I'm growing indoor hydroponically. This is just some bagseed from some good commercial weed. I will put up some photos shortly.

The first two are at three or four days. The others are at 10-15 days.

100_1043.JPG

100_1044.JPG

100_1071.JPG

100_1072.JPG

100_1073.JPG

100_1074.JPG

Here are my babies at five and a half weeks. I had to clip a branch because they were running into eachother. But these are looking pretty good to me.
I don't know if anybody is looking at these babies yet but if you want to see more pics just ask and I'll post some up.

100_1111.JPG

100_1110.JPG

100_1112.JPG

100_1113.JPG

100_1114.JPG

100_1115.JPG

100_1116.JPG

I just saw your other thread and thought I would check things out. From what I can tell everything looks pretty good. Do you have any pics of the whole plants, or of the setup?

I had to clip a branch because they were running into eachother.

It is more than ok if the branches run into each other, don't cut off any more branches.

What kind of nutes are you using?

hey stonedrone nothing wrong with bagseeds. You can end up with some really dank weed from bagseeds sometimes. I also migrated over here from your other thread.

Just wondering how larger your plants are, and how much room they have to grow. I'm interested in seeing this aeroponics setup of yours!

These pics are a little better. The light fixture goes to just under three feet but if i run out of room I'll just hang it from the ceiling.

100_1117.JPG

100_1118.JPG

100_1119.JPG

100_1120.JPG

im no expert but from the way your leaves lookin i think somethin might be off a lil. ya might wanna check out the sick plants & problems forum.
i am also undergoin a tragic deficiency of sorts im tryin to nip in the butt.
but also try a search on this aeroponics deal. i knwo tehres a few threads regarding them wether it be opinions of actual grows i donot recall 4sure. but overall look nice man. good luck on it all.

The reason people don't like the aerogarden for marijuana is that it doesn't have enough room for the root system. Also the light won't be nearly enough to penetrate the canopy once the plants get larger. I doubt it's the correct spectrum, but I'm not sure. So even though the plants are doing ok now you are probably going to run into some issues down the road. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope it works out for you, but generally when an entire group of experienced growers agree on something it is probably correct. Keep the pics coming, hopefully for the sake of your grow you'll prove us wrong.

What kind of nutes are you using?

It looks like it would make for a sweet little veg or cloner though, no?

Are you planning to flower with this setup as well? What is the watts on that bulb?

That blue tub that the aerogarden is sitting on was going to be used when the plants got a little bit bigger but I'm outta funds for the time being. So the plan now is to get what I can get out of my current situation. I'm thinking of maybe getting a couple of light sockets and rigging up a little cfl box for additional lighting on the sides but we will see about that.

I may just see what I can learn on this go round and when I'm back in the black I'll get a mh and hps. Then finish that blue tub and see what I can do with that.

As far as the nutes go I'm using the tablets for tomatoes. I'm just using half as much as it calls for and the plants are looking fine so I'll probably just stick to those.

As far as the room for the root system goes I can see your point. I'm wondering if starting flowering a little early would help out my space and lighting situation at the same time. I don't know, right now I'm just working with what I have and trying to get as much as I can. I'm not trying to prove the whole growers community wrong I just noticed that these seemed to be growing a little fatter than the plants I saw on Youtube. Plus they don't look like they are stretching for light. I don't know what will happen when they get bigger and thicker but I will soon find out.

I appreciate the comments.

There's a bic in the middle for some scale. I'd say about eight or nine inches tall.

100_1128.JPG

I don't know when I should start sexing. If they keep growing at this rate it will probably be in two or three weeks.

These are from today. I shut off the light so the plants don't look so yellow. The third and fourth pics are the plant on the right and the next two are the left one. The right plant is ten or eleven inches and the left is about nine.
The last picture is my security guard and confidant.

100_1149.JPG

100_1150.JPG

100_1151.JPG

100_1154.JPG

100_1152.JPG

100_1153.JPG

100_1157.JPG

I like your security guard stonedrone looks like he isn't even gonna let you near the plants. :rofl: By the way when you flip your light schedule to 12/12 those little monsters have the possibility to triple their size in flower. Just something to think about, might be better to flower soon so as not to outgrow your setup. Either way Keep em' GREEN buddy! :D

Thanks for the tip lord. I was thinking of switching to 12/12 at about 12-14 inches. So probably in the next couple of weeks.

I also put a cfl at plant level for some side lighting. I'm going to keep an eye on temp and humidity to see if the extra light changes anything much. I've been stable at 67-74 F and 32-40% humidity. Is that good? I'm pretty sure the temp is right but I don't know where humidity should be.

hay stonedrone!
plants look well!
like the others said, it looks like to are going to have space probs,
i know all about not having enough funds, it sucks!
maybe down the line you can pick up a second hand hps fitting and buy a new bulb for it, and like lama said, use that airo garden as a sweet cloner down the line!
if you want to keep them in that airogarden you will want to start to flower soon enough though as there gona strech as soon as you change light times!
keep up the good work though!

That humidity was wrong it's more like 45-50% I had the sensor sitting right in front of the heater vent so yeah the air was probably a little dryer right around there.

I just measured the plants and the right plant is just over eleven inches while the left is just under ten. I didn't know they would get so big during flowering. Where we are right now if they triple in size I will have plenty of room. So that's the verdict, flowering will start 4-17. Now we pray.

Latest posts

Back