First ever grow (bagseed)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good to hear you decided to get flowering underway. Space was one concern I had for you, but also if you let them get to big, that light would might struggle trying to penetrating through the canopy. How are you planning on giving them their dark period? You want to make sure during their 12 hours of sleep their are NO light leaks.

Well they are currently in my basement so I don't have to worry about lights too much as I'm the only person that goes down there. I have rooms in my basement so these are behind a closed door and the window is covered up for obvious reasons.

:cool2: sounds like your all ready then!

Do those little garden deals have a light timer build in to the system?

yeah they do but they have settings for vegetables, herbs, and flowering plants but no real timer. I have a timer that I'm going to hook up tonight however it will shut off the whole setup because the light is plugged directly into the aerogarden. So for the most part I'm going to turn the lights on and off manually. The timer will just be for if I ever leave the house, which is unlikely.

I'm not really sure how long the light cycle is on any of those timers.

Looks like the left one might me a male but I'm not sure yet.

100_1164.JPG

100_1165.JPG

100_1167.JPG

100_1172.JPG

100_1173.JPG

I sprayed some nute solution on them a couple of days ago and they didn't like that, you can see a little bit of nute burn on the bigger leaves. Haven't given them nutes for the last three waterings seems to be clearing up a bit.

cant tell from that pic, no balls or pistils. How long have they been on 12/12?

flowering six days now. I thought I saw a nut on the right side of that node. Hopin' not though.

I just placed an order for some feminized strawberry blue seeds. Getting five thai super skunk free. I'm not going to start them until I've got some new lighting and I'm done building my dwc. That will be another journal.

stonedrone said:
I just placed an order for some feminized strawberry blue seeds. Getting five thai super skunk free. I'm not going to start them until I've got some new lighting and I'm done building my dwc. That will be another journal.

Hi SD, hey, thanks for checking out mines too.. I notice you still have that ripply effect on your leaves, which I don't have a clue what that might mean, but someone else mentioned that early on also, but it's fair to say it's not normal. I had the same w/ some Top-44 seeds in my under-lit and underfed tyro-grow ;)

Sounds like you know what you're doing though in realizing your infrastructural limitations - same here, bro! We're all learning, eh? Ain't our MJP site awesome?? :hubba:

Good luck to you!

P.S. When I clicked on your link in your post to my GJ, it showed up w/ an extra "http//" no colon... had to edit the URL.

I would suggest timing the time settings. If they are not good remove the light and get a new one I would not suggest shutting the whole system down. I think your plants might be stressed by that. You are seeing the limitations of the aero grow now. Would make a great cloner as mentioned before.

MCM

stonedrone said:
flowering six days now. I thought I saw a nut on the right side of that node. Hopin' not though.

Nah, there's no sign's of sex in that pic. Give it a few more days should be showing soon. When you shut down the whole unit how does that effect your reservoir? Doesn't sound like to good of an idea to shut the whole system down. :confused:

I'd do like MCM said and time your timer. :D Or maybe somewhere in the manual it says the cycle of each setting.

I called aerogarden customer support and the longest dark cycle on it is nine hours. For the most part I just turn the lights on and off manually at seven. The only time I run the aerogarden through the timer is when I'm away for the night. This is going to be a cloner and seed starter as soon as I'm done with my dwc.

this is insane!! i have an aerogarden... i never would have EVER thought that that could come of it... crazy! i cant wait to see what kind of yield you get...

is there anything special about YOUR aerogarden taht would make it anymore powerful than the others...

i mean, I have an aerogarden elite 3... only 3 pods and one light, but i think all the rest of the stats are the same...anyway, killer :aok:

This is an elite 6 I don't really know the difference because this is the only one I've ever seen. There are three lights in it though and a 24 hour light setting. The only problem is that there is not much room for the root system so unless you are just starting seeds or rooting clones you can't grow more than two plants.

stone your plants are lookin damn good man! i just switched mine to 12/12 changed all cfl daylight bulds to softwhite bulbs flused res and added 1/4 bloom nutrients.now i just hope i get some females!i have a aerogarden pro200 i just set it on the 24 hour on setting and hook timer up to it works great. keep up good work man !

IMAG0346.jpg

Latest posts

Back