First Ever Grow Complete. CFL/Hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixx

Reaction score
In July of last year i just decided to drop some seeds in dirt and see what happened. Then I decided to do a little research, and try some things I saw here at MP. I made plenty of mistakes but after 6 months I finally had a harvest.
All the pictures are dated and captioned.
Now AFTER my seeds had sprouted and started to grow just a little, a friend of mine goes and gets a phat sack of some phunk... This stuff looks and smells and smokes like some serious premo stuff. I asked him if he ever gets seeds out of that stuff... He said "Nope" never...this stuff never get pollinated he said. Literally right then a seed hit the table from a bud he was gettin ready to roll..... He says **** dude...grow that one...Thats Kush!! I dont know much about kush and strains and all that...I just say OK, and I drop that one too...Luckily it turns out femalel :) And she is the main focus of this journal.
I cant wait to hear everyones comments.
View attachment 1.jpg

View attachment 2.jpg

View attachment 3.jpg

Hey... I notice alot of people have thumbnail pictures inserted that can be clicked to enlarge... Sorry for the noob question but how do I do that ?
Should I post the rest of the pics like Im doing now, or do the thumbnail thing?

Thx, Be back in 10 mins to finish posting these.

So there it is.... Once I actually had a "little" knowledge and got past the dirt phase I was very pleased with the outcome. I know theres room for major improvements, and Im sure round 2 will show said improvements.
For the details I left out... I used 8) 26W 1750Lumens 2700K household CFLs.
My box is just shy of 3x3x5...lined with mylar. I used GH Flora Nova Grow to veg, and switched to Bloom for flower...I checked the Ph once in the beggining with a cheap dip strip and it looked 6.0ish/nuetralish... so I never even bothered to look at it again. Before I started my 2nd grow I bought a drops Ph kit with some up&down. With the drops kit my Ph tested really high Doh!..Over 7 easy...Prob 7.5.. I did my entire first grow in that Ph...Now I adjusted to a solid yellow right about 6.0... I know I should be around 5.6-5.8 for hydro but I cant swing 60-70 bucks for a good digital meter right now.
Temps got into the low 80's at the very most. normally it was 78-80f.
I changed the water every 10-14 days at most, but once these babys started flowering I was adding a gallon or more every 2-3 days. Started with 25% nute strength, and slowly upped it to 75% during the veg cycle.

I look forward to your comments, and questions.

Haha.. Thanks Chef... Yeah you just jumped the gun there getting in while I was driving blind with 2 flat tires in the dirt phase. I think I got my act semi together after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back