first grow, 3 weeks old. help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr pot Head

Karabu Pot Head
Reaction score
Okay so this is my first grow. Apparantly seeds are female but i don't know if that's possible? anyway i was given the plants 5 days after potted and this was it then ;http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27214&stc=1&d=1181677762
I know it was a bit stretched but we're growing windowsil at the moment.
anyway have got it in growing soil at the moment and giving it none chlorinated water when ever needed.
4 days later it looked like this ;http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27215&stc=1&d=1181677762

Right been putting it outside in the sun every other day too when it's good weather, being england though that's not much.
so it's now another 4 days later and it's looking like this;http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27216&stc=1&d=1181677762

and leaves are about this big;http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27217&stc=1&d=1181677762

Okay so i know i need to start giving it nutrients which i will do within the next few days.
this thursday (2 days time) we're making a grow box, will be about a metre tall and probably about 70 cm wide. As it's only 1 plant i think this is big enough?

okay so on the inside we're going to cover it in tin foil and probably put either 2 lights on the side and 1 at top, or 4 on side n 1 on top.
Will also be putting in a spare pc fan i have for ventillation.

Will also repot it before moving it in.

Few questions;

what lights do you reckon i should use? don't want to spend loads on lights, probably about 30 pounds if possible?

Best sized fan to be using? i think it's about a 20 cm fan so should be big enough, i haev smaller.

any other tips?
Thanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I would say you should use florescent lights cause they are cheap, they dont put off much heat, and you can get them pretty small. If you go with an hps or mh bulb they cost more and the hps puts off a lot of heat and it is hard(as im finding out right now) to keep a small grow room cool on a small budget with an hps lamp. If i was you i would definitly go with floro. Your plant looks really stretched, you definitly need to get a light on it.

** length is 50 cm.

yeah are there like different power floro's or what?
will i need all 4 or just 2?
ta!

yeah they are all different. just buy what you can with your budget, I have no idea what pounds are, i live in the us. More is allways better so get the strongest bulbs you can. I am using two 42watt bulbs for one plant and it works great. But I only use the floros for my veg stage. Once i start budding the plants I use a 400watt hps lamp. Somewhere on this site there is a lumens chart which will tell you what you need for lights based on the square footage of grow room. I think. Im on my first indoor grow now so ive never used lights before this. What im doing now seems to be working great.

go to the lights section of the site and click on the very top thread and it will give you a chart

hi my name is mark
wat i would do is get two lights on the sides
is there goin to be a door or an open top?
if there is a door put them on either side of it( the walls next to it)
For the veg stage if you're using fluorescent you want bulbs that have a color temperature of 6500k.:joint4: :eek: :cool: :confused: :mad: :rolleyes: :) :( :eek: :p

maineharvest said:
go to the lights section of the site and click on the very top thread and it will give you a chart
i checked out the chart n it's pretty confusing.
could anyone recommend what type of flouro's to get? n how many?
box is metre tall, 50cm wide and 40cm long. will i need to put a cfl at the top of the box too?

am putting a door on the box so i can water etc.

ta

put a light on top. as close to the plant as possible without burning it. that keeps it short and bushy instead of tall and lanky like the plant is now

It is better to paint the inside white than to use foil. Foil can cause hot spots and doesn't reflect light as well as white paint. Put as many flouros as you can in the box. I would cover the top and sides with lights. Set up the lights on top so you can raise them or raise the plants to the lights. Keep the lights as close to the plants as you can without burning. Use a fan inside to keep the air circulating. You also want good air exchange in your box or co2 supplement.

maineharvest said:
put a light on top. as close to the plant as possible without burning it. that keeps it short and bushy instead of tall and lanky like the plant is now

okay so i'll put 3 flouro's on sides starting from where the pot ends then when ufc on top which i can raise and lower then on the last wall put a fan and paint the whole inside white.
this should be enough yes?
thanks!

Yo mainharvest , the conversion of the British pound currently is I believe 1pound = $1.97 american dollar.

Mr. Pothead, I'm a touch worried about the small size of your grow box as a friend reminded me that you do need to work some simple math into your project.
1. Size of the container for your final growth
2. Some strains grow very tall, and you will be restricted on how much you can move your light. even when bush training
3. Gap between plant and bulb so you don't burn plant
4. Getting the heat out safely
I'm not trying to put a damper on your grow mate, but if your going to do it, is it worth doing it the right and safe way ?
Good growing to you dude
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Latest posts

Back