First grow - Afghan + Sativa - advice needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, not quite 8 weeks yet but my fella got a new phone with 3.2 megapixel camera and I got a bit excited about the pics it took so here we go...

Pic 1: Both plants together
Pics 2 & 3: The top of the Easy Sativa
Pic 4: Top of the Afghan
Pic 5: Detailed Afghan buds :fly:

Gotta love it.

I've ordered a 30X magnifying glass which i was hoping would come today, but now hoping tomorrow! Let me know your thoughts...

SP_A0024.jpg

SP_A0023.jpg

SP_A0022.jpg

SP_A0019.jpg

SP_A0025.jpg

Whats up Thorn. Yes the ladies are looking much better once you put the HPS in. :aok: Like ya said use this grow as a learning experience. ;) Crap mang i can remember our first grow and it was a disaster. Gave them full strength nutes using MG soil and turned them into Freddy Krueger plants.:p They were so crispy you could pull the weed right off the plant and smoke it. :rofl: Your next grow will be much better trust me mang. ;)

Cheers man! Yea u gotta learn somehow eh!

Can't wait to do another grow with the knowledge i've gained from this site.. i'll know what to do from the beginning and not do anything stupid to the plants lol!

Ok the ladies hit 9 weeks flowering yesterday so i took some pics. I also snipped a bud off the afghan that looked like it had the most brown pistils and its drying in with the plants as a taster of whats to come... we couldn't wait!

The loupe came (finally!) but the ladies aren't awake yet. I did look at the bud i already snipped with it and from what i could tell the glands looked pretty clear.

Anyway here's some pics..

1) Both plants (they've swapped over as they were leaning.. see sativa's growth spurt)
2) The top of the Afghan
3 & 4) Close-ups of some afghan buds
5) Top of the Sativa
6 & 7) Close-ups of some sativa buds

To me the sativa looks no where near ready yet, but let me know what you think. I mean should i have been giving the sativa some nutes?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Ok I just managed to take some pics using the loupe and thought i'd add them so here's what we got..

First 2 are of the sativa, second 2 are of the afghan..

:ignore:

Let me know your thoughts.. :watchplant:

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image006.jpg

wow, how'd i miss this, yeah at the start it did look like u were having a problem lighting up the whole plant, looks like things are lookin up for ya, happy growin

Dc

cut the tops if they get too tall.... keep them bushyer....

then bend them to max your indoor light.

goddog said:
cut the tops if they get too tall.... keep them bushyer....

then bend them to max your indoor light.

who in there right mind would top a plant in flower. take advice from those who seem like they have some common sence. no offense goddog but that was not useful.

Dc

maybe he meant cut the tops when their ready and leave the rest closer to the lights to do? i dunno :S Thanks for input anyways,

any body else got any thoughts?

lol a partial harvest, well the top should mature before the rest of the plant due to the light.

Dc

Got a few more close ups of the afghan buds. The trichs look like their goin amber in this pic, but i looked at them last night and couldn't see any amber tichs :eek:

SP_A0062.jpg

SP_A0066.jpg

Whats up Thorn. It's gonna be hard to tell from the pics if they are ready to harvest or not. That job is gonna be yours mang. I would check them about every 3 days or so for amber trichromes. That's what we do when it get's close to harvest time. By the way them ladies do have some serious trichromes on them don't they. :aok:

Very nice thorn, they are looking great bro!
Dro:cool2:

hey Thorn! great improvement now with the hps man!:hubba: soon you will smoking your own nice buds!:D hps all the way man!

Cheers guys! Yea man i can't wait to smoke these babies...smokin me own home grown weed! gonna be such a good feelin! So glad i got the hps now.. also means when i next decide to grow i can have the option of a veg space and flower space at same time :D

Yea that afghan's full of juicy trichs, the sativa not so much, but theres sh*t loads more bud sites on her.

Ok the ladies are at 10 weeks, 1 day today. I'm really struggling to see the trichs clear enough to tell their colour but haven't enough time to get anything better now.

They need to hurry up as we are moving soon so on friday i changed the light to be on for 10 hours every day.

Here's a few pics but they're not great quality this time.

Pic 1 - Both plants together
Pic 2 - Close-up Afghan buds
Pic 3 - Top of the Afghan
Pic 4 - Top of the Sativa

Almost all the pistils on the afghan are brown now, but i'm struggling so much with the trichs i just dont know whether to pull her now or let her keep going. So worried i'm gonna leave her too late.

Any help appreciated :D

Image000.jpg

Image003.jpg

Image006.jpg

Image004.jpg

Got some new pics i've just taken..these are better quality.

Pic 1: Both plants
Pics 2 - 5: Easy Sativa
Pics 6 - 9: Afghan

I'd really appreciate anyones opinion on how far along they look from these pics. Thanks.

SP_A0088.jpg

SP_A0084.jpg

SP_A0085.jpg

SP_A0086.jpg

SP_A0092.jpg

SP_A0081.jpg

SP_A0082.jpg

SP_A0083.jpg

SP_A0093.jpg

Nice update bro!:D
Looks like they put a little weight on;)
Good luck on the rest of your the grow man:hubba:
Dro:cool2:

Cheers Dro. Anyone got advice that might help?

I don't know whether their taking their time because of the crappy light i used to have, or if their actually done and i can't see it :S

Latest posts

Back