First grow - Afghan + Sativa - advice needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking great man. keep up the good work, and keep em' green!

they look about 3-4 weeks into flowering to me.

actually their 11 weeks today. their skimpy because of the poor light they had at the beginning of flowering. They should be done by now but i'm struggling to see any colour change in the trichs.

What kind of lights are you using?
Dro:cool2:

now using 150W hps, but did only have 2 cfl's for a while. its all written here anyway in the journal.

Anyway i think i could actually notice some difference earlier when lookin at the trichs, rather than them just all lookin the same.

The easy sativa's have become really white, but there are still a lot of pistils to change colour. The afghan now looks like their cloudy. but hey i have no idea wht i'm doin lol

Yea maybe the sudden switch, I'am not sure.
They still look good bro:D

nah man that was a while ago.

i jus wanted some help with the trichs.

I would help you but I'am not sure myself:(

no worries, thanx anyway man. I'm gonna be moving house in less than 2 weeks so need to get things going :D

at this stage a microscope will be a great help to tell if theyr ready.its difficult to tell by eye-color of pistils

I've got my 30X jewellers loupe and they are cloudy from what i can tell. i just reduced the lights to just 8 hours on so they can hurry up for this last little stretch. Decided they gonna be pulled end of this week latest.

you have your loupe so your ok!

yea but i'm still really struggling to tell any difference. anyway i'll keep trying.

Today we smoked a bud i cut off the afghan 2 days ago and were buzzing for hours!! Such a nice smoke. I cut the top bud off last night to dry but then today after that smoke decided to cut her down completely. Just finished picking flies off her with tweezers as they were stuck. She's very sticky. Am very happy so far even though she's skimpy. Gonna try and save some of her for xmas :D:D:D

Left the sativa under for another day or two. her trichs are definately milky, but only about 40% of the pistils have turned brown.

Thanx man, felt so good smoking my own grown weed and feeling battered :D

The great thing is the more you grow the more you learn. The more you learn the better the weed gets. ;) :hubba:

yeah... i can't wait to start growing some aurora indica or white widow :D

Thorn said:
Ok this grow was started in the middlie on july from seeds. 3 plants germinated; 1 Afghan and 2 easy sativa. The first pic is of them is at 3/4 weeks - unfortunately the sativa on the right, Ginny, turned out to be male.

So now we have one easy sativa the one on the left, and one afghan on the right. The afghan was quite bushy but has unfortunately suffered some stretching at the beginning of flowering.

They have been flowering now for 4 weeks on sunday. However, the first week was stunted due to light leak which was resolved by moving the plants.

They seem to be doing well - lots of white hairs, but some of the lower leaves on the sativa have gone brown and curled at the ends (as shown in pictures) and one of her upper leaves in yellowing (as can be seen in the second pic).

The afghan's leaves have started curling slightly at the sides, as shown..

They were quite damp yesterday, so i'm leaving them be for now, incase it was over watering. They are under CFLs (unfortunately I do not have room or money for anything more), and in soil mixed with perlite and vermiculite, on 12/12 and are being fed a NPK solution of 16-10-27. The pH was just above 7 - it always has been, but I was going to try and lower it with the next feed/watering, incase it helped.

Any advice welcome, thanx :rolleyes:

man some sativa just look wierd.. all skinny and stuff i wonder what strain my plant actually is cuz it looks nothing like this sativa.

yea mine didn't have much light tho..started off with just one 20W cfl for 3 plants. then i only got another light cos one of my pets chewed thru the wire of the other one lol! then fixed that one and had 2. Still usin them lights now for my new grow, but in a much smaller space and for only 1 plant. Also those sativa's were my free seeds from the seedbank and on all the other seedbanks that sell them, sell them as an outdoor plant :S

Just wondering do you have a fan blowing on your plants at all. Slim Yea and i think those sativas don`t do well at all indoors.

Latest posts

Back