First Grow Ever. Very Excited!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
85cannabliss said:
i would recomend looking into some sort of extraction mate, you wont be able to keep the door open in the dark period. you may get away with it but it will have effect on your yeild. not 100% on that but ill stand by it :)

and temps should be below 80 if you can get them down that far. if its hot in there, then there will be a build up hot, stale air. not good for your plants at all.

sorry i cant be of more help, but im telling you mate, look into extraction ;)

I see what your saying, but during the dark period, heat wont be a problem, because the only reason the closet is hot is due to the light. The house is gernerally in the 72-76 degree range so when the lights off, that will be the temperature. I can even lower the temperature by turning the fan on.

I'll keep that in mind tho. And isn't the dark time only one or two days??

And can some one PLEASE tell me if I should continue letting my seedlings grow by using the MH lamp? From what I've read the HPS assists with building chlorophyl, so I should probably be using the HPS for seedling, then switch to MH for veg. then back to HPS for flowering correct?

I use HPS from start to finish.
Except for the rooting cycle.....I use fluros.

i use hps start to finish, some cuttings get cfls + 150w hps.

you will need exhaust or get a timer on your closet door too so it will close and open nightly for your dark cycle. ;)

Scrog said:
i use hps start to finish, some cuttings get cfls + 150w hps.

you will need exhaust or get a timer on your closet door too so it will close and open nightly for your dark cycle. ;)

haha ok well I don't have fluoro's and I've already spent 200 dollars on lights lol so I'm just going to use my HPS from now on. I think your right about the exhaust too. I have a large fan I'm just putting at the door when I have the light on, is that enough or do I need some thing more?

tleaf jr. said:

I know I'm sorry I'm figuring it out. I'm gonna ask a friend if she can bring her camera over tonight so I can take some pictures... of... the house... or some thing... Then I'll upload about 10 of em.

ive just read a post on hear this morning about how you can increase your female to male ratio. and it says use HPS for seedlings, then MH for veg (2 weeks after sprouting) and then flower them using the HPS. so it looks like if you go with gut feeling and some1 ok's it, then it normally turns out for the best :D

a little more research and youll get better every day ;) (well, in theory anyway)

85cannabliss said:
ive just read a post on hear this morning about how you can increase your female to male ratio. and it says use HPS for seedlings, then MH for veg (2 weeks after sprouting) and then flower them using the HPS. so it looks like if you go with gut feeling and some1 ok's it, then it normally turns out for the best :D

a little more research and youll get better every day ;) (well, in theory anyway)

haha ya thanks. I figured since the HPS induces chlorophyl to form thats what I'm really going after so thats what I'll use until veg. Now as far as my stems go... they are very very very purple... and the leaves on some are very very very dark green. I'm in need of some potassium I believe?? I am currently with out transportation so I guess im going to have to wait a few days to go buy some nutes... I'll show you guys what I'm talking about when I get the pictures up tonight.

Pictures of my baby ladies :rolleyes:

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Whats up mang. Your babies are looking great. You want that nice dark green color on them babies. As far as the purple stems go we get them all the time and it's really no big deal IMHO. Here's some GREEN MOJO for them babies. ;)

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up mang. Your babies are looking great. You want that nice dark green color on them babies. As far as the purple stems go we get them all the time and it's really no big deal IMHO. Here's some GREEN MOJO for them babies. ;)

haha thanks man appreciate it. I don't have very much time left (leaving for a month in mid October) so I'm trying to get them nice and big ASAP. Any advice on when I can start getting them in the vegetative cycle?? The big girl is going on two weeks, but only one week under the light. The other little guys are going on one week under the light. I've heard that after 2 weeks you can make them vegetate?? I hate rushing them and if I had more time I'd do the 2 week seedling, 1 month veg, 10 week flower, but from the look at things I'm going to have to rush into veg as soon as I see signs of sex or alternating stems... hate to do it but I got to harvest and store before I leave. Can't have them around while im gone.

You are in the veg cycle now my friend. :rolleyes: Until you put them into flower (switch the lights to 12/12) they are in the veg cycle. As far as you harvisting by OCT. it's just not gonna happen. It takes atleast 8 weeks for a plant to complete flowering. Atleast for most strains. You should really do some reading. Here is a link that will tell you just about everything you need to know about growing and then some. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

You are in the veg cycle now my friend. :rolleyes: Until you put them into flower (switch the lights to 12/12) they are in the veg cycle. As far as you harvisting by OCT. it's just not gonna happen. It takes atleast 8 weeks for a plant to complete flowering. Atleast for most strains. You should really do some reading. Here is a link that will tell you just about everything you need to know about growing and then some. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

haha wow dude you must think im an idiot. I did this in two threads. I have till mid DECEMBER not mid october. hahaha. Sorry about that.

Damn dude you had me thinking. :p From the time your seed breaks grown he or she is in the veg stage of life. For the most part it takes between 6 to 8 weeks for a plant to show alternating nodes or pre flowers. Both are signs that the plant is mature and ready for flower. Once you put them into flower you switch the lights from 24/7 to 12/12. This will make your plant bud.

Damn dude you had me thinking. :p From the time your seed breaks grown he or she is in the veg stage of life. For the most part it takes between 6 to 8 weeks for a plant to show alternating nodes or pre flowers. Both are signs that the plant is mature and ready for flower. Once you put them into flower you switch the lights from 24/7 to 12/12. This will make your plant bud.

Ok sounds good. I'm going to switch my light to MH from HPS and keep light on 24/7. I'll wait another 2 and a half weeks before I start light nutes also. As soon as I see sex, alternating nodes, or pre flowers I'm going back to HPS, switching the nutes over to flowering nutes, and going 12/12.

Thanks for the help man, and would you mind telling me a little about the "dark period" when that happens, and also any little trick (adding sugar and nutes, or any thing like that) that would assist in quick growth?

Well my plants seem to have slowed dramatically in growth, and the leaves seem to be curling down on a few, and what appears to be nute burn on one or two. As far as my big one goes, she's growing very well, BUT her leaves are curling long wise (from stem to end of leaf) AND its get very light green, and I cannot figure out why? At first I thought it was too close to the light so I moved it a bit, but from what I have read you can be as close to 5 inch on MH and still be ok.... now I'm thinking maybe it has some thing to do with the nutes. I have been very very light on the nutes. I'm using MG plant food (it was cheap and available) which fits very closely in terms of what ratio of N-P-K the plant needs.

Now my big plant (the one with the light green color, and the long folding leaves) is a good 3-4 weeks old, and is in the largest pot. The instructions on the plant food say to feed a quarter tea spoon every two weeks. Although I was told you have to wait a month for nutes, I figured adding just a tiny little bit (maybe 1/50th of a quarter of a tea spoon) would adjust the plant to nutes sooner so that I could up the nutes faster in a month. I figured this was my problem for the other plants getting a little yellow/ brown on their leaves so I'm going to stop, but what about my big girl, whats wrong with her??
If pictures are needed please tell me.

Well just found out one of the guys who lives in my house got caught with grass and about 1000 in his wallet so I am forced to clean out every thing. I'm scared that the money along with the bud will give The Fuzz probable cause to search the house and every room in it. I'm actually depressed and extremely frustrated about the situation. Growing is just so calming, and its amazing having watched my little ladies grow. :( I'll miss them very much.

Sorry to hear that, NewbieG.

Can't grow with all the excitement at your place, that's for sure. The time will be right again for you in the future - if your good enough not to get in the same trouble..........

Good luck.

PB:)

Pot Belly said:
Sorry to hear that, NewbieG.

Can't grow with all the excitement at your place, that's for sure. The time will be right again for you in the future - if your good enough not to get in the same trouble..........

Good luck.

PB:)

Ya the thing that sucks is it wasn't even my fault at all. I was putting all the work into the ladies, and my stupid roommate gets caught and I have to trash all my work. I even tried giving them out to other people because I don't want to throw them away...
wait... maybe this could be salvaged into a gorilla grow... hmmmm :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back