First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PuffinNugs said:
i think your doing it ok, just dont want to add it all the time. your stuff is extremly frosty already, going to be good smoke. id ont think giving them all a full dose will cause the effects i said but.. a bunch of full doses over a couple weeks certainly will.

Cool. I just want to make sure they all get some because it really does seem to kick up the trich development.

HemperFi said:

See, you got me WAY beat already! Your bud is frosty all down the leaves and mine never did that at all. AND you still have another month to go , so she'll be awesome by then. Looks good on ya Hemper:) :)

Thanks Sol. A lot can happen in a month. I have my fingers crossed. I love the way they are looking. :)

Here is what is in the vedge room waiting:

100_0791.JPG

100_0793.JPG

100_0794.JPG

100_0795.JPG

100_0796.JPG

100_0797.JPG

THG -- I was wondering if you noticed that we posted almost the same exact thoughts at the exact same time yesterday morning? I feel ya babe... :)

LOL--I didn't notice that.....but you know great minds and all.....

Lokkin good buddy:)
Funny, we all think the same - i have clones planted in all kinds of stuff too(coffee can,yogurt container and my fav-cat litter pails):D :D

Did you notice the different leaves on that one plant? You can watch her mature by the type of leaves she throws- cool! Yep, youre gonna be a happy camper in a month or so.:cool: I finally picked up a tent too- makes a big difference, yep, i've come out of the closet :eek: JK Peace bro

I took this photo last night just before I closed up the tent -- I sat looking at it last night, and I wasn't going to post it because it is like bragging or something, but it is a nice shot (even though it is a little out of focus) of an AK47 35 days into flower:

100_0812.JPG

I think its ok to brag in your own journal looks awesome hemper :aok:

Thanks Jack. My goal is to get my buds to look like they do in the seed catalogues. I know that is pretty lofty a desire for a first grow, but none-the-less, I want them to be beautiful. The AK is well on its way.

I went to Radio Shack and picked up a hand held microscope (60 to 100X) It isn't easy to use, but I saw some trichs up real close -- they were clear. I hope I can tell the difference when they are cloudy and then amber.

I did as the Goddess has suggested and cut a small leaf off the bud -- man that took some time deciding which bud I wanted to molest. lol

So I took the scope and went to have a look at the trichs on the WP -- as soon as I got it focused I saw bugs. Very small, clear, fat, with two arms waving in front. They have a dark spot on each side of the abdomen. Does anyone know off hand what they are? Thenplant is out on the bow drenched with Schultz Insect Spray. They are way too small to see with the naked eye. I have looked at the other plants and can't see any on them, but the WP was infested big time -- they were on every leaf I inspected. What to do next? Ideas? Can I put her back in the tent?

I have'nt had to battle bugs yet, but i would be careful about infesting the rest if you put her back in with bugs still on her. I'm only speculating though as i said , i don't have experience with that yet. Seems like they would be on more than one plant but you said you checked already. I would say, first - identify exactly what pest you have, then read up on how to kill or repel them. Bummer, sorry to hear about this.

Well Sol, this plant has gone through some changes -- bugs are just another dip in the road for her. I let her dry out and then put her back in the tent -- I don't want her to hermie as well -- she probably will anyway. If the other plants are infected I will figure it out in the morning and deal with it. Thanks for your concern. They probably came with her when I got her in the mail. I don't see how I could get them out here in the water. I am learning to roll with the punches. :)

HemperFi said:
Thenplant is out on the bow drenched with Schultz Insect Spray.

I would be very cautious what you put on buds your planning on smoking... Its just an opinion from a pissant tho....

:yeahthat: Keep in mind the poisons you spray can and likely will stay with the gal and be in the bud....

pissant.....lmao

It is almost certainly spider mites. I would not recommend spraying them with just anything. To eradicate mites, you need a miticide, however your flowering girls are too far into flowering to spray them with anything that would do any good (IMO). Cold water showers can rinse a bunch of them off and take some of the eggs. However, unfortunately, at this point you are kind of SOL with your flowering girls on being able to do anything against mites chemically. I would recommend getting either Forbid or Floramite (check E-Bay these are controlled miticides) for your vegging girls. I would further recommend staying away from things that do not work,m like Dr. Doom, neem oil, pepper sprays, etc, etc. Mites build up a tolerance to pesticides very quickly. Get serious and get rid of them.

Thanks eeveryone -- you to JAAM -- I was up until 3AM studying bugs -- It is for sure mites. I'll go get miticides today. If they come back on the WP -- and they will -- should I just pull her and get her out of there? Where is the best place to look on a plant? I have the scope now, but it only shows a fraction of an inch at a time - is there somewhere they hang? Will a vacuum help? I also looked closely at the clones in vedge and didn't see any of them. They are so damn tiny it is hard to find them -- wasn't on the WP though -- they were everywhere. I read that steam might help kill them because they pop at a certain high temp. Is that true? The stuff I sprayed on her last night says it is okay to apply until the day of harvest -- is this just for edables -- does smoking change things any? Anyway, I'll do what I can and try to save some of the harvest -- real shame...

Latest posts

Back