First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering if there is a better way to check these plants for bugs than bending over this little scope for hours on end? I haven't found a living bug (mite) since last Saturday. I sure would like to know for sure they are gone.

I hope you never get them, V. They sure have dampened my spirits concerning this grow. I still mhaven't seen a live one since last Sat., but I still feel nasty because of them. I really didn't expect to have to go through this out here on the boat. Like THG said -- "It's not the end of the world." Sure did take the fun out of this grow though.

I will rid my garden of the pest, but I don't know if I can get them out of my head....

Peace

What is the best way to have seeds delivered from Attitude? Do I want them in the breeders packets? Should I have them delivered in "sweets"? I like sweets. I certainly don't need a t-shirt advertizing that I grow. I need a wallet -- would it be a good one? I HAVE decided on the seeds I want: Some cheese and some Larry.

I want to grow a tent full of the same strain, same size -- I figure 6 plants at the most -- four or five would be better. My next crop is in vedge, but there are four strains and they are all different in size and needs -- it's going to be another learning process, I'm sure.

I took down the smallest PMM -- she was sick, and I just didn't want to deal with it right now. Besides, I am out of smoke. I figure about a week (or two) early -- she won't have the smell, but it will get me high. Her two sisters will be sooo much better, but she looked pretty good trimmed and hung.

My son in the Marines is getting a few days off over thanks giving -- I'm going to drive to San Diego and pick him up next week. I haven't seen him in over three years -- I'm really looking forward to seeing him again. He's going to Afganistan in March.

Still no sign of the Borg -- I'm real tired of hunching over and looking through that scope. I'll look again in the morning though.

Peace

Rosy, you are the nicest person ever. Thanks for the words of encouragment. I am looking forward to seeing my eldest again. He was a boy the last time I saw him -- he's a man now, and I am very proud of him.

I just opened the tent today. The girls look real nice. I will pluck a leaf and have a look for bugs in a minute. I sure hope I don't see any. I have been opening the tent as soon as the lights come on all this time. When it was 118 degrees outside I had to open it up just to get cool air inside. I have been concerned that the plants would get too hot if I just left the tent closed, but I tested it yesterday, and it stays very cool in there with the door zipped up. Now I can leave them for a day and drive to San Diego without worrying about my ladies. Feels good.

I guess there is no easy way to look for mites. I keep plucking minor leaves and scoping them extensively -- I see old sign, but nothing new and nothing alive. If this continues, I'm going to have to recomend SNS 217 to anyone dealing with the Borg. I believe the second wash with the stuff did the trick. I expect the Floamite to arrive today in the mail -- do you think I should treat the clones before I clone them and turn them to 12/12? I suppose I should clone them at least a week before the ladies in the tent are finished, so I know I have another crop coming, but I am buying seeds, and I think my next crop will happen that way -- I hate the idea of having plants I must toss because of a lack of room. It's a part of growing though.

It's been windy here for the last two days, but the sun is shining, and it is beautiful outside. I hope you are all well and feeling fine...

Peace

I fed the two big girls in the tent some Big Bloom and just a little Cha Ching. They are looking real nice. I thought they would like a little organics, and they have had water only the last two times (The AK anyway). I also made up some GH and fed a few of the clones in vedge. They are looking fine as well. I have checked ten leaves from all around the garden and haven't seen a live bug. I will never get used to the micro-world going on in there -- spooky. I checked the trichs while looking for bugs -- they are beginning to go from clear to milky -- no amber yet. I will post a few pics later today.

Peace

For your consideration:

100_0823.JPG

100_0824.JPG

100_0831.JPG

100_0832.JPG

Lookin good Hemperr. Gotta be gettin close for a few of those , a few weeks more. nice buds too

HemperFi said:
What is the best way to have seeds delivered from Attitude? Do I want them in the breeders packets? Should I have them delivered in "sweets"? I like sweets. I certainly don't need a t-shirt advertizing that I grow. I need a wallet -- would it be a good one? I HAVE decided on the seeds I want: Some cheese and some Larry.

I want to grow a tent full of the same strain, same size -- I figure 6 plants at the most -- four or five would be better. My next crop is in vedge, but there are four strains and they are all different in size and needs -- it's going to be another learning process, I'm sure.

Peace

i just received mine. they came hella fast.:bolt:

Hey Sol, yep, I figure two weeks. I'll get something out of this grow yet.

Thanks Dar, I was wonderin -- I do need some quality seeds

hey Hemper. Still lookin good my man. As far as seeds go I have been getting mine from Herbies. I've ordered from them 3 times and have always gotten good seeds packaged stealth. Takes about 7-10 days for delivery. Semi trackable. I had a problem with a few of them, which I think was my fault, and they sent me replacements with the next order. They always offer free seeds with every order and the price always seems cheaper then everybody else. Seems like they always have 99% of their seeds in stock as well. Super large variety and excellent communication before and after the sale. Just thought I'd let you know. Enjoy your time with your son. Peace...

Hey Smokster, Nice to hear from you, and thanks. I will look into Herbies. I need some seeds as a backup plan mostly. I'm thinking I have about three more grows until it gets so hot here it's nearly impossible to grow and I take a few months off. Until then, God willing, I will use clones and pop them into 12/12 as soon as the tent is emptied. I should have a stash by then to last a few months. When I start again I will do so from seeds -- just a couple of simular strains that will grow the same size and require the same nute schedual -- I want to put it on automatic pilot and use what I have learned here to produce a pound of killer bud every couple of months. The clone grows between now and next summer I am considering as experience grows. I should know enough about this beautiful plant by then to be able to call myself a grower. :)

Thanks Puffin, I truly appreciate your existense -- I will order from Attitude.

THG, why did you edit Darocs' post? Are the "tins" not a good idea?

Okay, I've just ordered seeds (again) I hope they come this time. I expect they will because I ordered the cheese quatro pack from Kaliman. Half price, 16 seeds and a freebie should be enough for now. I'm looking forward to some blazing genetics.

Peace

Alright people, I'm having fun again. There are no more mites in my grow. I'm pretty sure. I have seen nothing but dead bugs and sorry looking eggs since a week ago yesterday. IF you ever get the Borg, I have got to recommend SNS 217. The first wash with the stuff did the trick. I only washed them twice out of paranoia, but I believe the first wash killed the bugs and the eggs.

I took seven clones tonight -- 5 from the Poison Mighty Mite and two from my last seed -- something called "Mountain Bud." It's the sister (I hope) of the plant that went hermie on me. I think it's a lady -- it has alternating nodes, and there is no sign of BALLS.

I really want to clone the AK47 clones I have in vedge, but they aren't big enough yet -- they will be soon though.

I squeezed a bud on my AK47 a little while ago. I can still smell the stink on my fingers. I want so much to have the smell and the taste when I open a jar and load my pipe....

Immature Poison Mighty Mite:

It tastes like a foundry, no expansion, smells like an old shoe, but, damn, it gets me high.....

I don't care what it tastes like -- I'm smoking my own weed, and I haven't bought weed this month -- I should never have to buy weed again, thanks to the eclectic group of master growers up in this forum. thank you all

100_0837.JPG

100_0839.JPG

Nice that you have some smoke. Have you seen the cons about the pesticide that you used ? Or no problems because of that ? It seems that it was last week that you had mites. Be carefull some things are nasty to your health.

BHO -- I was told that I could drink the stuff ,-- it sure worked well. The smell of it is gone, and I'm feeling no ill effects -- just high :)

Thanks Puff, I think I'll do the mug next time. I still want some Larry.

I watered the AK and the WP this morning -- just PHed water. I checked the trichs on them -- mostly cloudy w/ a chance of dank :)

Latest posts

Back