First planting and hydroponic at that...day 25-35

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravishing_68

Reaction score
  • How tall are your plants now? 5 “ (see pic)
  • How old are they? Planted 10-2-06.
  • Did you start them from seed or clone? Seeds that were given to me free. No idea what kind they are, but they were in a film container buried in the backyard for probably a year. Only these two plants made it out of 20+ seeds and as you see the one plant is not doing well. But it is my first attempt so I’m happy.
  • WHAT TYPE OF HYDROPONIC SYSTEM DO YOU USE? I have a “Caddy” www.sunlightsheds.com I have an air stone 12” long in the water it also has a drip system but I don’t need it to drip but maybe 1:1 minute. The roots are doing great in the water.
  • WHAT TYPE OF MEDIA DO YOU USE? I am using rockwool 1x1 cubes.
  • WHAT TYPE OF LIGHTS DO YOU USE? Right now I am in the vegetative stage so I am using my AgroMax 400 watt metal halide conversion lamp, which I keep on 24/7. I turn it off for 30 mins. Once a week as it said in the lamp instructions to keep the light at it’s optimum, and at that time I have the caddy open with a florescent light on while I’m changing the water and setting up the pH and PPM.
  • What nutrients are you feeding your plants? I am using Dyna-Gro and I use approximately 2 tsp at water change (I add until it gets pH at 5.2 (change to that pH after I got pH guide from Mutt and ppm at about 150. I start out low because it goes up with evaporation.
  • ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS OF THE GROW AREA
    I have 1 fan venting 1 fan blowing on the lighting and one exhaust fan.
I keep the temperature between 78-90 degrees. I wish I could keep a tighter control on the temp but as I learn more about my unit and tweak a little here and there I’m sure it will come.
Humidity has been pretty constant at 28%
I have an odor control for the exhaust fan but haven’t hooked it up yet, I’m sure it will be up by the time I go into flowering.

My concerns are... the plant though big had a couple of yellow spots as you can see in the last picture. ??? please explain what made that happen. And do you think the 2nd plant will grow or has it been stunted so badly it is going to die? I'm not sure why it failed except maybe the drip on that one was dripping too much.

I'd love anyones take on it.

Day 25 Plant 2.jpg

thumb day 35 2.jpg

thumb day 35 1.jpg

thumb day 35 3.jpg

Sorry been outa town...Notice you posted this up. You did have a PH problem and sometimes takes a few days to recover. The Dyna Grow (which I use as well fpr soil) Which recipe are you following? They have several on the back depending on the type of hydro. That will have an impact on the growth.
They are no where near how big they "should" be at this stage. but you did get things "fine" tuned.
Also I have had "runts" of the litter so to speak. Some plants just don't wanna grow. I would consider getting a 3-part hydro fert. Like General Hydroponics "Flora" series. It is easier to adjust for each stage of growth.

edit:
I'm gona move this over to sick plants and PM ole stoney to chime in.

Latest posts

Back