First time grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokeycones

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone would have a ROUGH idea of potential yield if all goes well, i know this is an impossible thing to know beforehand but an educated guess This is my first time growing pot. Im growing 6x grandaddy purples in 30L coco pots with synthetic nuets ph to 5.8 using 1x600watt hps 1x600watt led(160 true watts) in 2/3rds of a 4x8 tent good intake/out and circulation

Attachments

• 48423693_2230059500542489_6129419910557728768_n.jpg
    48423693_2230059500542489_6129419910557728768_n.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 51
  • ugh.jpg
    ugh.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 56
  • tops.jpg
    tops.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 60
  • stretch.jpg
    stretch.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 57
There is really no way to accurately estimate yield. And anyone who makes a guess...well, it is just that, a wild-ass guess.

There is really no way to accurately estimate yield. And anyone who makes a guess...well, it is just that, a wild-*** guess.
Yea i know as i say " i know it's impossible. but with what i've provided someone with a bit of experience might be able to give an educated guess which is better than mine as i havn't grown before. in your opinion, would something this size yield 2 0z
GDP #4.jpg

I’ve had bigger plants yield less than an ounce and smaller plants more than 2 z’s. There are a ton of variables and yes, you have given a lot of info. I saw somewhere that a good harvest is a gram per watt which in your case would be a bit over a kilo or 2.2 lbs(35 oz). If this is your first grow you will be lucky to get that but it is possible. 2 oz per plant isn’t unrealistic. I got ~10 oz one grow from 2 plants in a 2x4x4 tent under t5 lights but it was a loooooong flower period(14 weeks). I was pretty new to growing and got lucky. My last grow I had better lights, a bigger tent and I was using chemical nutes and had 3 oz between 2 plants. So as THG said it would be a wild*** guess. I think the old farmer adage of ‘don’t count your chickens before they hatch’ applies here too. That being said, it looks like you are doing really well so far and you should be happy with your grow so far.

I’ve had bigger plants yield less than an ounce and smaller plants more than 2 z’s. There are a ton of variables and yes, you have given a lot of info. I saw somewhere that a good harvest is a gram per watt which in your case would be a bit over a kilo or 2.2 lbs(35 oz). If this is your first grow you will be lucky to get that but it is possible. 2 oz per plant isn’t unrealistic. I got ~10 oz one grow from 2 plants in a 2x4x4 tent under t5 lights but it was a loooooong flower period(14 weeks). I was pretty new to growing and got lucky. My last grow I had better lights, a bigger tent and I was using chemical nutes and had 3 oz between 2 plants. So as THG said it would be a wild*** guess. I think the old farmer adage of ‘don’t count your chickens before they hatch’ applies here too. That being said, it looks like you are doing really well so far and you should be happy with your grow so far.
thats fair enough mate was kind of expecting these sort of answers when i asked the question haha, im hoping for 10oz total which is only .4g per watt

If your plants now are any indication of how things will turn out, my guess is you will get at least that. They look very healthy and well looked after.

If your plants now are any indication of how things will turn out, my guess is you will get at least that. They look very healthy and well looked after.
Ok mate that's good to hear i figured they looked healthy/happy to me but i have no previous runs to compare to haha. will let you know how it turns out anyway cheers mate

Howdy,

A 600 w...

My 400 w would be hard pressed to produce two ounces.

The Poet

Howdy,

A 600 w...

My 400 w would be hard pressed to produce two ounces.

The Poet
Hey mate . Not offense but your doing something seriously wrong if you're struggling to get 60 grams out of 400 watts... the goal for most is 1 gram per watt. .4-.5g p/w for noobs yet your not making .2gram per watt, it's not your 400watt thats hard pressed for 2 oz it's you o_O my dads pulled 14.5oz from just 1 plant under a 600w hps so maybe you should switch up some stuff

it also depends somewhat on how picky you are about trimming, what you consider to be popcorn and if you weigh with stalks not just stems. i used to include my popcorn buds in my final weight but don't anymore. i just lump that in with my trim and make cannabutter out of it all.

it also depends somewhat on how picky you are about trimming, what you consider to be popcorn and if you weigh with stalks not just stems. i used to include my popcorn buds in my final weight but don't anymore. i just lump that in with my trim and make cannabutter out of it all.
Yea thats true but even if 1/2 his weight was popcorn ect, still well under the average for a 400 watt id cry if i waited all that time to not even pull 2 oz haha

my last grow was a waste of time. didn't cry but i was pretty irritated to say the least. strayed too far from what had worked for me well in the past. even screwed up after the grow by trying to make bubble hash out of the trim and popcorn. crappy hash yield(maybe 5 grams) and lousy cannabutter from the left overs. about 3 ounces from the harvest and the plants seeded themselves(weird-no males anywhere, no hermies, just seeds). still some pretty good smoke but i a back to basics for me...

my last grow was a waste of time. didn't cry but i was pretty irritated to say the least. strayed too far from what had worked for me well in the past. even screwed up after the grow by trying to make bubble hash out of the trim and popcorn. crappy hash yield(maybe 5 grams) and lousy cannabutter from the left overs. about 3 ounces from the harvest and the plants seeded themselves(weird-no males anywhere, no hermies, just seeds). still some pretty good smoke but i a back to basics for me...
Yeah wasn't meaning in a literal sense , just a bit of emphasis hah. oh that's to hear rough man in wat size room/wattage?.0

3 ft x 3 ft x 78" tent with a king 1200 led. nute lockout due to ph issue(the issue being i did not check it at all like a dunce)...

3 ft x 3 ft x 78" tent with a king 1200 led. nute lockout due to ph issue(the issue being i did not check it at all like a dunce)...
Cool mate, what's the best pull you've had from the king 1200w LED, i had lockout issues mid veg stage but i bought a decent PH pen and everything fixed itself pronto. benifits of coco i suppose

i got around 200 grams(a bit over 7 ounces) with it. my grows are a comedy/tragedy of errors in general and that one was no different. i had 5 plants in the 3x3 tent and they were too crowded. i went back to organic nutes and don't check ph as it has worked well for me in the past.

i got around 200 grams(a bit over 7 ounces) with it. my grows are a comedy/tragedy of errors in general and that one was no different. i had 5 plants in the 3x3 tent and they were too crowded. i went back to organic nutes and don't check ph as it has worked well for me in the past.
That's not too shabby man those kings only pull about 240 true watts so close enough to 1g p/w which is a good yield

Latest posts

Back