first time scrog made from 100lb test fishline and alot of LST

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeeehaaa

1324143801.jpg

1324143832.jpg

1324143772.jpg

1324143754.jpg

1324143721.jpg

1324143703.jpg

1324143674.jpg

Superthrive Tap and Rooots Organic by aurora. After being topped my plants stop growing for about a week. I TRIED TO FIN THE MASTER KUSH. I don't know if it worked yet but I don't think so. I just grew shorter pinched leaves. Yup so this is today's update. :holysheep:

The Hemp Goddess said:
You are going to need to make your grow space substantially smaller then. Your light is good for about 5 sq ft for vegging and 3 sq ft for flowering. Inadequate will result in adequate buddage.

Not all HPS ballasts hum or make noise. Besides, don't you have any ventilation? Fans make far more noise than a ballast.

i would second that call 4 a hps, but if your set on cfl thats' fine too, you'll see the difference with our grows. And really a HPS is'nt like in the old days(big humming box), mine is completely silent,digital and was cheapand powerful(moreso than cfl)

I'm not going to die I'm trying different techniques. I have read a ton of articles on cfl vs hps. I know hps wins everytime. I understand. I got nothing but time. Next grow might be LED OR HPS I don't know. Maybe I'm being cheap maybe I'm broke. All I'm saying is. When I have maybe twenty dollars or so. I will by a cheap pack of FLO FLO buy a couple electrical boxes and slap a light fixture together with see y's it's economical. By the time I start to flower I will have over 20,000 in lumens. Don't worry my friends the fun has just begun. :holysheep: :hubba:

I have a question. What happens when you top a top of a branch with alternating nodes do I still get two or do it just stop growing

Ok ok cfl's are fine too

If done properly, yes you can get 2-4 more tops to start to grow from the point of cutting. If done improperly, of coarse it will explode. :)

I tried to fem my master kush and the leaves just grew. It didn't change anything. Then I topped all my clones which have alternating nodes. All that happened was the spot wher I cut dried up and it got bushy no new nodes came up. Am I being impatient are do it grow after where I topped heals up. I think topping to get more nodes might only apply to non mature plants. I topped one of my side ones that actually on the top because I am lst my plants. I cut the tip off. Let's see what happens:icon_smile:

Let's see how they grow scrogged down. I unfastened my lst wires holding my plants down.

1324199994.jpg

greenphene said:
I'm not going to die I'm trying different techniques. I have read a ton of articles on cfl vs hps. I know hps wins everytime. I understand. I got nothing but time. Next grow might be LED OR HPS I don't know. Maybe I'm being cheap maybe I'm broke. All I'm saying is. When I have maybe twenty dollars or so. I will by a cheap pack of FLO FLO buy a couple electrical boxes and slap a light fixture together with see y's it's economical. By the time I start to flower I will have over 20,000 in lumens. Don't worry my friends the fun has just begun. :holysheep: :hubba:

Check out the DIY section and look around. Save your money and plan things out, then slowly buy up what you need!! Light is THE most important element in the grow you'll be buying, skimping on this means skimpy buds, even if you do your best!!

I understand broke, trust me. I started out with a budget myself and realized no way could I grow anything decent with the equipment that'd buy! I saved, I stopped buying bags and I suffered...but I am smoking as much as I want of some (if I do say so myself) KILLER bud! In the end, it's what you put into that you'll get back out!!

Yeah bro I feel you. When bud time komes I plan on having everything I need. I buy more lights everytime I get money. But I am going to investigate that. dIY. I've seen that abbreviation and truthfully I don't know what it is. Thanx for the post. You could explain what diy is so I can eliminate that question.

Greeeen Mojo bro bro. :rolleyes:

Ok I gotcha bro diy=do it yourself. He'll yeah I'm going to do it myself with all the information I can get. Danx again bro bro

and in the growing resources section there is more stuff on lst,fimm than any one person needs. Can get all the where,why,when and how questions answered there on how to get all the tops you want, tying ,stress training and so on. Highly recommended

My main question is. With alternating nodes. Can you top them and get the same results as a plant that's not mature. I topped my alternating nodes and it did nothing but get bushier. No double are quadruple colas came up:icon_smile:

I don't believe maturity has much to do with it. I believe, a mature or non mature plant will react the same way. I think you MAY BE cutting too much off. Therefore the growth goes elsewhere. If you want multiple tops, just cut 80% of the growing shoot. then as it regenerates, it will expand into new tops. If you totally remove the growth, iut will look for somewhere else to put energy, thus bushiness. Read the stickies. Its' easy once you understand whats' going on.

My babies are loving the scrog. I peeked in on them this mourning and they were standing up like SOLDIERS

Ok what I believe at this point is. That when you start a plant. I would start of with major LST TRAINING. This will make your bud shoots shoot for the sky. Then after getting the growth you want set your scrog up. Also I have been using SUPERTHRIVE AND ROOTS ORGANIC. ALSO I TOPPED ALL MY PLANTS (clones) so it grew bushy. My plants have just about filled my scrog up in two days. Hopefully Thursday I'll be getting fox farms trio. I should be moving to flower real sooon. Wow with this scrog most of my shoots is at the same height. So this is my report for today:holysheep:

1324391512.jpg

Wow I might have to start flowering before I get more light. I will atleast be buying one more 300 watt cfl this week 2700k. But it's way more light than I had last grow. I had one cfl light. I got a eight of the whole plant so hopefully ill do better using nutes. The smoke was still goood but I need more.

That looks good bro. I would say flip them over to flowering now cuz they will still continue to grow out and up for the first 2-4 weeks of flowering. That topping did exactly what it should do, it made the plant bushier. You only get the twin tops when you top a plant that is not sexually mature. Topping mature plants causes allof the lower branches to come out and up faster. :)

Latest posts

Back