first time scrog made from 100lb test fishline and alot of LST

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:holysheep:

1324859949.jpg

Lokks like she''s filling in nicely. Is the fishing line working out for you? Would'nt it cut into the plant as it grows? I thought about trying fishng line too, but havent tried it yet

Sol said:
Lokks like she''s filling in nicely. Is the fishing line working out for you? Would'nt it cut into the plant as it grows? I thought about trying fishng line too, but havent tried it yet
The fishing line works like magic. The line won't cut your plant. The reason why. You don't let it grow on the lineyour under the net. The net just hold the plant down. This setup I will not be changing never. Scrog is way better than growing regular. I got dam there 100 budsites all on a level plain. I love it. Fishing line work like a champ bro:holysheep:

I'm a little confused here--that really is not a scrog. If you are wanting a scrog, all that green growth should be below the screen, not above it. I really don't even see what the fishing line is doing as it appears the plant is simply growing up through it....

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'm a little confused here--that really is not a scrog. If you are wanting a scrog, all that green growth should be below the screen, not above it. I really don't even see what the fishing line is doing as it appears the plant is simply growing up through it....
You just Kant see the scrooge. Believe me it's there. All the green you see is tops. Those are not fan leaves. My plant is probably. 3' already. If I Jan take a clearer picture I will but believe me it's there and working great:hubba: :hubba:

The Hemp Goddess said:
Can you see it now. :hubba:

1324999938.jpg

greenphene said:
Can you see it now. :hubba:
WHat you don't see is these little branches are a foot long. Each branch have like 5 to ten shoots. I topped them. So it grew bushy out ways. It look busshy because it's for plants growing under my screen. When I pull them under and the tops are under the screen. In about five hours they are standing right back up. Yeah I'm also running out of space:holysheep:

I've found that I can recycle the monofilament gillnets I find abandoned and left in the Skagit River, they make excellent plant support. I had excellent results growing similar to you, except I use 4 hooded 600 watt MH, in a 10x10 room, I shot for a QP per plant, and did just a little better my last scrog!, oh ya, I grew it wrong also, it's always something with me!! Right now I going after some (Detri, uh spaghetti word!! earth), for critter control of bugs in the dirt!!! Powdery mildew maitenence!! Good luck to you.

SKAGITMAGIC said:
I've found that I can recycle the monofilament gillnets I find abandoned and left in the Skagit River, they make excellent plant support. I had excellent results growing similar to you, except I use 4 hooded 600 watt MH, in a 10x10 room, I shot for a QP per plant, and did just a little better my last scrog!, oh ya, I grew it wrong also, it's always something with me!! Right now I going after some (Detri, uh spaghetti word!! earth), for critter control of bugs in the dirt!!! Powdery mildew maitenence!! Good luck to you.

I think the scrooge is the way to go. Each grow you learn more and more. At first I just thought regular seed and dirt ( no nutes) would give me the yield I wanted. But I was wrong. Several members on here a couple years ago was trying to tell me but I didnt believe it till I had marble nuggets and male plants hunting my space. So each grow I do things a little different to optimize my learning. I never had baseball size colas. But eventually I will. But judging on veg when I didn't LST TOP AND SCOG MY PLANTS. IT WAS A MAJOR DIFFERENCE. Unscrogged and you get ten to twenty shoots depending on how big you grow them. But topping scrogging And LST AT THE FIRST STAGE. Your shoot number at a even plain almost triples. I am confident this time I will do a whole lot better. Green mojo my farming brothers and sistas:hubba:

SKAGITMAGIC said:
What I like about this fishing net. EACH SQUARE YOU CAN MOVE LEFT AND RIGHT. SO IF YOU HAVE A BIG LEAVE THATS BIGGER THAN YOUR SQUARE. YOU JUST SLIDE THE LINE OVER WITH EASE. (I have one revolution of line goin on every line or I just wrapped the line once around every line so that the scrooge is even and can be easily adjusted.

The Hemp Goddess said:
What THG is trying to explain to you is that pretty much all veg. growth should be kept below the screen to promote more and more lower branching until you are ready to flower. Once flowering you allow the bud sites through the screen for optimal light where it counts most. I have always LST'd and am currently undergoing my first scrog as well, but after reading many articles and a few YouTube videos this is my understanding of a true scrog.

I'm switching to flower today at 7 shall be my first day. Thang everybody for your wonderful scrog advice. What you see shooting out my screen is SHOOTS not fan leaves. The whole upper screen is shoots. Every branch is growing horizontal. As it gets two inches or less out the screen I pull it back to a further square. I CAN ONLY PULL THE SHOOT DOWN WHEN IT'S TALL ENOUGH TO GO TO THE NEXT SQUARE. THESE ARE FOUR TOPPED BUSHY PLANTS. DONT WORRY AFTER MY FLOWERS START FORMING. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE MY SET UP BETTER.

The Hemp Goddess said:
here is a clearer picture

Clearer picture look hard inside. My branches are growing horizontal andmy shoots are growing straight up

Everytime a shoot grow long enough to go to the next square I movethem. If I'm wrong tell me. Isn't that a true scrog

Look at the branches and the fishing line is red it's almost invisible

Latest posts

Back