First timer here, hello!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't water these much as they are. It seems to work well this way, I water about 1/4 gallon around the bucket every 5-6 days and spray them with water once in the morning and once in the evening. If the humidity drops below 40% I mist to top dry dirt when I mist the plants. All in each plant roughly maybe 3/8 gallon of water per week.

Topped the bushiest plant today. Cut the top 6th node off. This plant is becoming really full and was blocking off almost all light from the bottom. This plant seems to want to grow squat so I was worried about mold forming.
The one I broke the lamb off of I started training towards the side without foliage in order to get the other side to become dominant with the center. They are still short (10" or a little less) so I will have to wait on the other two so I don't force foliage into the dirt. We'll see how they look here in a couple days, they need time to heal.

Attachments

• 20220326_135915.jpg
    20220326_135915.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220326_135929.jpg
    20220326_135929.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 8
Here's my first time grow so far. I'm working with what I can afford. I'll post more pics as replies. Built a 4x8x7 mylar lined tent. I have no idea what I'm doing but they look good to me so far. I know all the MG negativity and risks. I'll make it work for now and adjust ratio later by using stronger pk fertilizer. I put these right into MG veg & herb moisture control 3 month feed 1.5 sq. ft. Bag, 1/3 GIANT bag peat moss, 4 lb. perlite. I lightly spread composted manure mix over the top so I'll seep in with watering. I fertilized once with MG purple box npk 30-10-10 at 1/2 strength and only have them about 3 ounces of the water each.

These are 23 days in, the little guys are 3 weeks behind because I thought two died. However the biggest of the little ones I pulled because it wilted and threw it to the side. It was buried but fought back and appeared out of nowhere about a week later. Tough little sucker after all I see, lol. I do plan on LST these once they get tall enough to tie down. Probably lose some as male but if not than 3 will be going outside in May.

I have seeds from three strains I got out of pound bags. They are all mixed up so I have no idea what is actually growing. It is either Gorilla Glue, forbidden fruit or passion fruit.

I ran a furnace duct for heat and it stays between 75-80*f, small heater in there just in case, run humidifier on low. Covered all these rogue leds with tape.

I'd like advice on my current lights if anyone could help. I don't know what my lights actually put out in wattage but I have a lot of information on what they are
They are lights that I picked up at a scrap yard. They are industrial, more than likely used as street, parking garage or stadium lights. High end CREE XPG 5k led panels. Each led diode is 5w max. There are 60 leds per panel driven by 4 drivers. I put 3 panels on each heat sink so 180 leds and 12 drivers. These are extremely bright and I'm reading about 1600 PPFD with Photon on a galaxy s10e at 12 in. I have 2 of these but only Run one at the moment. Hopefully someone could inform me what the actual wattage it is running at.

Look forward to how Ya'll think they look so far.

Nice ! I'm a newbie too, your plants look green and healthy, good luck ! My first grow didn't look half as good.

OK, it's in a few days and here's how they look. In the last couple days I have noticed the development of a couple organs, whether female or male it's too early to tell. I started to notice the distinct cannabis smell about three days ago. Some nodes are beginning to get thick where they meet the main stalk so I'm hoping this is an early indicator that they will be female. I was doing some reading online that stated this may be an early indicator as it's tantamount to getting pregnant. Still looking real green. I fertilized with Miracle Grow 2 days ago and upped the ratio to 2/3 strength and it does not seem to have had any ill effect so far. At this point I am still watering less than a half a gallon per week.
In the first picture on the front right, this plant I fimmed yesterday and I'm waiting to see the effects. In the second picture is the plant that I topped roughly 10 days ago, as a result it seems to have exploded. It has developed a lot of growth from within the plant and looks as though it may develop Four Tops which would be awesome. The last picture here before the plant food is a plant that I have started to LST. I'm not being gentle about it but I have not broken it, I am just slowly working it over every couple hours as of today. They have pulled down the lower limbs in an attempt to make them grow straight out before they try to turn in grow up. I'm learning that these things are pretty tough all in all and bounced back quickly if damaged.

Attachments

• 20220330_160722.jpg
    20220330_160722.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220330_160802.jpg
    20220330_160802.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220330_160823.jpg
    20220330_160823.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220330_161214.jpg
    20220330_161214.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220330_161344.jpg
    20220330_161344.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220330_163101.jpg
    20220330_163101.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220330_163222.jpg
    20220330_163222.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 7
Here is an update on the stunted ones. The first picture I re-potted four days ago and it immediately sagged and laid on the dirt. I was sure it was going to die but within 24 hours it was right standing back where it was, one tough plant. The second photo is the plant that stunted in quit growing, I re-potted it and it seems to have liked it because it started to grow.

Attachments

• 20220330_160746.jpg
    20220330_160746.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220330_160732.jpg
    20220330_160732.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 4
I used miracle grow and a lot of people used it in the day.
Remember the plants don't care what form they get the npk as well as other micronutrients as long as it's there and in relatively controlled ratios.

I used miracle grow and a lot of people used it in the day.
Remember the plants don't care what form they get the npk as well as other micronutrients as long as it's there and in relatively controlled ratios.
I asked a guy who has been growing for years and he said "the best piece of advice that I can give you is don't overthink it, they are weeds so put them in dirt and they will grow" and he also told me don't believe all the ** to go out buying everything for cannabis, he said he's been using Miracle grow for years and I know from first-hand experience that his weed is really good.

This has to be one of the coolest things I've seen and I discovered it by accident. I added two fluorescent light fixtures to this room. There is one 4000k bulb, one 6500k bulb and two 3700k aquarium bulbs. You can not see it with the naked eye but when you look at it through your phone you can see the spectrum of the bulbs oscillating. Sharing via Twitter as it will not let me upload it to the forum due to the video size.

I asked the guy who has been growing for about 20 years and he said "don't overthink it, they are weeds so put them in dirt give them water and they will grow."

Lol, nice. I have to admit that I am on the other side of this argument, when things go wrong, there is a lot of thinking required. I learned the hard way how easy is to over water, and this is probably the biggest mistake you can make starting out. Now, I weigh my plant with a scale to know exactly how much water is in the soil, and how much my plant drinks. Oddly, my plants seem to like a (semi) dry soil day in between waterings, at least that's my experience as a newb. They really seem to perk up on dry days.

Lol, nice. I have to admit that I am on the other side of this argument, when things go wrong, there is a lot of thinking required. I learned the hard way how easy is to over water, and this is probably the biggest mistake you can make starting out. Now, I weigh my plant with a scale to know exactly how much water is in the soil, and how much my plant drinks. Oddly, my plants seem to like a (semi) dry soil day in between waterings, at least that's my experience as a newb. They really seem to perk up on dry days.
I use a finger test, jam it down in the dirt and if it feels like a damp wash cloth then it's good. I honestly thought they would take more water but yes from the stuff I read online it was really easy to overwater so I made sure I am exceptionally careful. And I only water every 5-6 days. I have used fertilizer twice, it has a 30-10-10 npk.
Just go out in your yard find a plant and dig down into the soil and see how wet it is. You might be surprised that it's not that wet down there, it doesn't take much.

How much weight in water do you aim for per 5 gal. of dirt and how often do you water?

How much weight in water do you aim for per 5 gal. of dirt and how often do you water?

I'm using a 3 gallon cloth pot this grow and water with 1/3-1/2 gallon, little run off. I also run a gallon or more from time to time as a mini flush to hopefully clear salt buildup. My soil with perlite added seems to hold too much water, so I keep watering down.

Funny, nobody mentions what dry soil is. I weighed Fox Farm Ocean Forest right out of the bag at 11 pounds. (not watered). I then put a fan on it for a week and it lost over three pounds of water. So, unfortunately, I had to put my thinking cap on to figure what dry and wet equals.

Side note: a lot of thinking is needed or you'll get into trouble...especially as a newbie !

Last edited:
Wow that's really pretty that the lights slowly change like that. I was thinking of a strobe effect like led lights due on camera.

I also got into trouble with the advice just keep it simple. Then I learned my tap water is alkaline and I didn't have the correct nutrients. So I'm pretty sure most people need to think and put effort into it unless you have naturally good water and good intuition for which I do not.

Wow that's really pretty that the lights slowly change like that. I was thinking of a strobe effect like led lights due on camera.

I also got into trouble with the advice just keep it simple. Then I learned my tap water is alkaline and I didn't have the correct nutrients. So I'm pretty sure most people need to think and put effort into it unless you have naturally good water and good intuition for which I do not.

I started off just putting a seed in dirt and watering... Not good !!! Being a brilliant newbie that knows everything even though I've never grown, I figured, hey its a weed, piece of cake. Wrong Answer.

I ignored warnings that you need to keep PH correct, and watered with water collected from a dehumidifier. My thinking was that the water would be similar to distilled water. Later after my plants got roasted, I got a PH kit and the water I was using from my dehumidifier came in at around 4.0 PH (bright orange, almost poison for my plant).

You gotta think a bit, it isn't that easy and I'm quite sure many fail and give up.

I started off just putting a seed in dirt and watering... Not good !!! Being a brilliant newbie that knows everything even though I've never grown, I figured, hey its a weed, piece of cake. Wrong Answer.

I ignored warnings that you need to keep PH correct, and watered with water collected from a dehumidifier. My thinking was that the water would be similar to distilled water. Later after my plants got roasted, I got a PH kit and the water I was using from my dehumidifier came in at around 4.0 PH (bright orange, almost poison for my plant).

You gotta think a bit, it isn't that easy and I'm quite sure many fail and give up.
I use straight tap water. The article I read online explained it like this, "do you ever see a bunch of dead grass and foliage underneath a dripping faucet outside? You don't, typically The Greenery underneath of the dripping faucet grows better."

My seeds go in soil that I keep damp, and mother nature does her thing. Never had a problem. They take their time and pops their little heads out almost 100% of the time just like my Gabagoo just did in my thread.
As for watering. I pick my pot up and I can tell if they need water because I know what the pots feel like dry. I only use a scale when I need to see if I needs another cold beer 😁
And I agree. I use tap water. If watering my plants and grass was not good for them my lawn wouldn't be as pretty as it is. I have pear trees, apple trees, blueberries, blackberries, tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, and lemons and they all look great.
I have been transplanting all my plants that were in plastic into AC Infinity Fabric Grow Bags. Those fkers are awesome and very reasonable priced. No more plactic or terracotta for me.
I use MG( Twice As Big) soil mixed with 30% Perlite. I add CalMag when needed and in flower I use MG Bloom Booster when needed. I have used FF products (ferts and soil) but didn't see a fking difference worth paying the money for.
I keep it simple. Good soil, good drainage, and don't over water.

Last edited:
My seeds go in soil that I keep damp, and mother nature does her thing. Never had a problem. They take their time and pops their little heads out almost 100% of the time just like my Gabagoo just did in my thread.
As for watering. I pick my pot up and I can tell if they need water because I know what the pots feel like dry. I only use a scale when I need to see if I needs another cold beer 😁
And I agree. I use tap water. If watering my plants and grass was not good for them my lawn wouldn't be as pretty as it is. I have pear trees, apple trees, blueberries, blackberries, tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, and lemons and they all look great.
I have been transplanting all my plants that were in plastic into AC Infinity Fabric Grow Bags. Those fkers are awesome and very reasonable priced. No more plactic or terracotta for me.
I use MG( Twice As Big) soil mixed with 30% Perlite. I add CalMag when needed and in flower I use MG Bloom Booster when needed. I have used FF products (ferts and soil) but didn't see a fking difference worth paying the money for.
Could you throw me a link to that thread please?

And bud off the month winner to boot. Nice. That's awesome to hear that somebody that grows exactly like I am doing has bud that turns out so good.

Latest posts

Back