Fish Hooking & Twisting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oliver

Reaction score
First a bit about my problem then I’ll try to give the best run down of growing environment and conditions I can. This is not the first time I have ever had problems, but the first time I have went this far to find a solution. So all HELP is taken Gratefully !!
Growing Northern Lights #5 In 5gal Bucket Roots Organics media cut with Large Chunk FF Perlite (first time w/Roots) a few in Flower(wk. 2) and a few in Veg(wk. 5) ….Tips on leaves are Fish Hooking under pretty bad on both veg and flower… Fingers on leaves are twisting on flower and just starting on veg ..other than that plant and leaves generally look good…Growing Environment Flower …Light- Air cooled 600 hps approx 16in above canopy ..Temp-75 lights on 70 lights off Humid ??(thinking maybe problem) have not given anything but water 6.2 -6.5 ph TDS/EC ??( Need to get) until first week of flower the gave ½ recommended dose by FF of Tiger Bloom (keep in mind problem was there before turning light back and giving Tiger Bloom) As far as Veg plants have had signs of Fish Hooking but just starting to show twisting of leaf fingers they are under 400mh approx 18in above canopy Temp 78… Friend came by and looked at and thought all was good except for maybe Humidity so I went out and bought Humidifier and for three days keeping it up around 50% no changes yet!!! HELP!!!!!

This may be stupid but you dont have the flowering plants and the veg plants next to each other do you? are they in seperate canopys? post a pic if you can though would help as it could be not enough light, too much light, humidity at 50% is fine i keep mine between 43% and 50%

Flower and veg in two seperate rooms will try pic tomorrow

did you check the pH of your run-off after watering...fishhooking and twisted leaves is usually a sign of pH being off. If your pH is dead on, then it could be lack of trace minerals, for instance a zinc def. will cause the leaves to contort, and twist.

Really try to get some pics up, it's very hard to diagnose a defisiency over the computer anyway, and even harder when we can't see it.

Off to a Growers Round Table today there will be many growers with a couple of "Pro's" Plan to ask there.... Plan on flushing and taking couple of pics tonight will post results Thanks for ANY and ALL

WOW...must be nice to have a growers round table! You must be in Cali? Good luck to you!

I guess we are sort of a growers round table here though...you can post a pic and everyone can take a look, not quit the same as seeing it in real life, but close.

Actually we are in Michigan we voted in Med Marijuana last year and things are relly progressing nice on several fronts of the movement while there are some Idiots that are not abiding by the law... I think that being allowed to have 12 plants and 2.5 oz. per paitent is O.K. with me espically when you can be a caregiver for up to 5 paitients plus yourself so if you carry a full paitent load as well as being a paitent you can have 72 plants and 15 oz. of "USEABLE MEDICINE" Life Sure is GRAND!!!!
Will try to get pic up tonight

did he just say idiots? i know you did'nt...yes, he did...

hey numb-nuts. yeah i'm talking to you boy...

what did you do before mi was mmj??? did you say, "i think i'll not smoke til it's legal here?:rofl: ...before you come here, making your snide idiot comments boy, you better learn how to grow for yourself first. you won't be getting any help from us with remarks like this...

now go sit in the corner, and figure out how your gonna fix it now...

Hey Irish, better get used to it. Some people are hard-core about being law-biding and with mmj becoming more and more "legal" :rolleyes: your gonna get people with a different outlook then us old school social deviants...that made it so these people can learn how to grow. ;)
They are newbs that have no idea the pains we have gone through way before med mj was even being discussed.

on a side note tho...the undesirables using the medmj card to work as a regular dealer can shed bad light on the ones that are doing good and defeat the cause.

morning irish. dont sweat it. lets go hit this :48: as mutt said all kinds of walks of life will be coming through & dont realize what they say b4 they say it. im sure ollie here has been breaking the law b4 MI becoming legal. dont know why hed make that remark. 2.5 oz is ridiculous.

oh ollie might be a cal mag def on the twisting. tips curling under ph or over/under water

let me tell ya another thing...you would'nt be able to grow here if it was'nt for those good folks that went into lock down over this thing here...they are the back bone of the movement, as you put it...

you rubbed me wrong here dude...so tell me, is everyone that grows without a rec an Idiot???

mmj has not been legal 1 full year. what did you do before this law changed on getting your smoke???

you opened a can 'o worms...i've been an underground grower for over 30 years. does this make me an Idiot to you?

i won't waste another breath on folks of the likes of you...

I will say, he failed to realize one thing. As soon as he sprouted 1 seed he became a federal criminal. ;)
Also one thing these new to the scene people still have to learn that we already KNOW Irish. We been flying under radar for so long that its habit. They have to learn this one the hard way ;)
Just becuase they "think" they are safe with there brand new card...is that there are still theives that will pull a gun to get the icky sticky. Any Guerrilla grower that has been at it long enough knows all to well the dangers that are out there. ;) I still get the fear when i get an unsuspected knock at the door :p

Curling downwards leaves can also be a sign of too much nitrogen.

I'm from MI also...never heard of these growers round tables?? I can't even find a Doc with the huevos to give out a recomendation...So I guess I'm one of those idiots you speak of. When our state gets all thier ducks in a row, and the Dr's aren't scared of loosing their license, then I will try again for my rec. Until then I will fly under the radar, and not put my name on the lists again.

He rubbed me wrong to Irish...for what that is worth to you.

2.5 oz, but allowed 12 plants...this is what Imean about our state not haveing their ducks in a row. 1 plant of what I'm growing produces more than 2.5 oz...they need to get their heads out of their rears!

Latest posts

Back