Florida

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganjadude11

Reaction score
deos any one know id the soil in central florida is good enough to grow in or is the soil to salty?
thanks

all the soil is sandy down there. You are going to want to dig a big hole and replace it with a good soil mix. The one thing you got going for you is it rains everyday.

yeah rains more then Seattle:ciao: good luck..

it is sandy, but it has a lot of nutrients. a good mixture to start with is 1/2 bucket sand,1/2 bucket cow sheet(5 gal.), a hand full of 666 and a hand full of dolomite lime.

well it depends, some parts of florida it hasnt been raining at all in the past 2 months :(. and how big of a hole would you guys say to dig?
and sorry ganjadude i dont mean to hijack or anything but i had the exact same question :) because im in the same area

i dig a hole the size of a 5 gal bucket..........it hasnt rained here in a while either

yeah i havent seen rain in like a month also the temps right now are over 100 degrees in north central florida where i am at.Also i dont know about everywhere else but the soil around here isnt sandy at all u have to worry bout clay more then anything else.I usally put perlite and peat moss in the ground for i plant to help loosen up the clay, i take a 5 gal bucket cut the bottom out then sit it in the hole put my soil mixture in and water it real well and then i wait a few days then i throw my plants in it once the plants are rooted and growing good i just remove the bucket from the hole;)

so how often do you guys water? so all i need is a 5gal hole full of like some fox farm soil? are you sure thats enough? because wont the root system grow alot farther and spread out alot more than that outside? i was thinking of doing like 2 bags of happy frog orw/e per plant??

like i said, i just use a 5 gal. bucket per plant and water about once a week with a gallon of water

TokeWithHope said:
so how often do you guys water? so all i need is a 5gal hole full of like some fox farm soil? are you sure thats enough? because wont the root system grow alot farther and spread out alot more than that outside? i was thinking of doing like 2 bags of happy frog orw/e per plant??

thats the reason i leave my bucket in the ground so thta the plants can get established in there new soil plus it doesnt let roots from other plants get to it once i think they can fend for them selfs i just remove the bucket from the hole its easy with no bottom i just pull it up and it slides right over the plant.2 bags of happy frog per plant is going to cost so much money its not even funny but if u can afford more power to you lol.
Also the root system will spread out further then the hole u dig for it but the main rootball should be in the soil u added to the ground thats why u dont need 20 gallon hole for a plant IMO.As far as the watering questions i water when they need it bigger they get the more they drink ;).

Latest posts

Back