Flouros

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Dro

Bud-Doc
Reaction score
Hey guys, Since my last grow Ive been working alot and couldnt get another setup up, So since I have time off now I'am going to be starting another grow in my same BW journal and I'am going to be useing flouros for veg and then switch to 400 for flow so I don't got to be worring about heat stress and all that other **.
So my Question is I would like to know how may lumens are in 1 big phillip 34 watt flouro tube?(I got 4 of them)
Also will this be enough for a 3x5 foot area?
THANKS GUYS,Dro:cool2:

well I'm a newb but the indoor bible tells me to keep the lights 2 - 3 inches above the top of the plants if you're using fluros.. this is what I always do.. I dont think the amount of lumens really matters, you just gotta keep them as close as possible to the light without them burning. I doubt they will burn though unless they are actually touching the light.

Also Im not sure but I would think a 400w would be too little if you planned on packing the whole 3x5 space. It's probably good for 6 - 8 plants I would say?

The bulbs you have have 2,700 lumens each.. Giving you a total of 10,800 lumens..

Ideally for you growe area you would want 75,000 lumens...

Maybe try adding some CFLs to that area...

Peace,
B

a hood with a glass maybe is the solution to your problem.. im using 425hps and works great for my sprouts. anyway as i have some philips cfls 2 heres the philips link: Fluorescent Lamps

Air cooled reflectors with ventilation are almost a must when growing in tight spaces...

If you get one of those I don't see why you could veg with your HPS...

I'm vegging with my 400w HPS right now in my current grow..

Peace,
B

Yea but how big is your space....Because mine is pretty small and It get's really hot with the 400, up to 37c. I got some fans running, But can't install exhast fan because it's a noise issue. JF how much lumens are in a 42 watt warm light cfl's? I got 2!
Dro:cool2:

2,800 Lumens each for the 42w CFLs...

My tent has a floor space of 4 foot x 4 foot and it's 6.5 foot tall...

Latest posts

Back