flower to veg ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackleaf

Reaction score
My outdoor plant (Pandora's Box) is in its 7th week of flowering with nice size buds and is now going back into veg state. The flowering time is supposed to be 9 weeks. It is fall/October here in the east coast. Does anyone know why this is happening? Will it eventually go back to flowering and tighten up the buds again.......before we get snow?

Please help,
Blackleaf

If it is outside in the Northern Hemisphere, I doubt it is re-vegging.

Could it be a hermie? and male parts are starting to show?

Pictures would really help.

Yeah, if it's od it's not going to be revegging, not getting the right light cycle od for sure. Almost the end of Oct, surprised you haven't just harvested it.

Some strains throw a single blade leaf during their final weeks that looks like a revegging plants first leaves

It's not a hermie, cloned from last year, she's all female. I'm thinking maybe it could be all the rain that we've been having lately. Also, I may have plucked too many fan leaves and now it's forcing her to grow more to receive more oxygen. Here are 2 pics of what she used to look like. Now the buds are somehow coming apart/opening up, no longer tight and dense.

Dio Forever!!!

Pic1.png

Pic2.png

yeah those pics look fine, got any pics from it now? odd that it would stretch/become airy. but cant really say without a pic or 2...

If you took off "sun" leaves all you did was the energy for growth producers away from the plant. She is growing leaves to help her produce energy for bud growth.

Yeah, I'll have to remember to take a few pics of what she looks like now. As for plucking fan/sun leaves. I always though it was a good idea to pluck the big fan leaves so as more energy goes into making the buds. One of the reasons that I plucked all the fan leaves is because we have been having strong winds and I thought maybe it would cut down on drag. So, I should really be leaving all the fan leaves on the plant???

Yes leave the "sun" leaves on the plant. They made the energy the plant needs to grow buds.

blackleaf said:
Yeah, I'll have to remember to take a few pics of what she looks like now. As for plucking fan/sun leaves. I always though it was a good idea to pluck the big fan leaves so as more energy goes into making the buds. One of the reasons that I plucked all the fan leaves is because we have been having strong winds and I thought maybe it would cut down on drag. So, I should really be leaving all the fan leaves on the plant???

Virtually all the photosynthesis takes place in the fan leaves. Photosynthesis is what turns light and food into good things like THC CBCs, etc. When you remove the fan leaves you remove a big part of the plants ability to create bud. I am quite sure that is a huge factor in the buds getting airy.

Thank you to everyone for your help........Lesson learned, never clip off fan leaves.

next time will be better...my lesson this year is...soil quality makes all the difference...;)))

mojo

You can re-veg a plant and flower it as many times as you want pretty much. The process of turning a plant from flowering to veg is called reverting. So also you can convert a flowering plant back to veg its called a herme.

i think your a bit confused lindseyj, a hermie is a male or female plant that also has the reproductive parts of other sex.

:yeahthat: hermie mean hermaphrodite aka both sexual organs or in this case both flower types, and simply reverting a flowering plant back to veg doesnt make it a hermie, it simply means you unbalanced hormone levels by swapping back to 24/0 light schedule thus making the plant start to veg again, not hermie, hermi is a genetic trait containing both male and female genetic material.

As Ozzy and THG said, the plant is lacking in production because you took away the leaves that are required for the plant to stay alive and convert light into food. Leave those. Depending on where you are, you're getting pretty close to the end of your growing season.

Latest posts

Back