Free Smart Pots, ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BudLover#69

Just a Stoned Member!
Reaction score
Hey does anyone shop @ an walmart that has changed to the Eco Freindly bags? They hold about 3.5 - 4gal soil and are Basically Blue smart pots for 25 cents.
:eek: :holysheep: Here is a couple pics of them. I got 4+gal soil in them! 100% POLYPROPYLENE and that is what they use to make smart pots.

2wal.jpg

1wal.jpg

420_Osborn said:
Are they a cloth material?

Ya, It is the same material they use for smart pots. I live in Sacramento CA out of the 15 walmarts here only 4 or so are using them it is a test run I guess they are probably going to start using them all over one day.

No go in my podunk town up north...We dont even have a wallymart :rofl:

We are just now getting a hydro/organic shop and I hope to high heaven that they carry smarties.

Aside from Walmart, grocery stores usually have quite a few stacked up at the register. (At least they do where I am) It is a win/win for any store that carries them. People buy them to help stop global waste while companies make money both in selling the bag and in not handing out freebie bags.

I never thought about using them as pots though. Since they are made of cotton you can toss the whole thing right into your compost pile when your done with it. I smell a science experiment around the corner ...

:confused:
I think you're talking about the re-usable bags that you shop with.....

I could be wrong but I doubt it.....

We're on to different planes here doood.......

where im from plastic bags cost a nickel at all stores, everywhere,they have to charge you for them, its the law, this was intended to prevent plastic waste, but its just another money gouge.

:rofl:

Am I the only one who's confused?!!!

Are we talking about grocery bags or grow bags?

"Free Smart Pots"

Can we get a pic? If they are like 25 cents a bag this is a no brained...take a buck, buy 4 and run 4 beans in them...please document it though...sounds like fun. There is a guy over at cannetics growing in the stuffing from pillows or Teddy bears I believe as his medium. Very cool.

420_Osborn said:
:rofl:

Am I the only one who's confused?!!!

Are we talking about grocery bags or grow bags?

"Free Smart Pots"

Bro I just bought two smart pots for 16$ and these Eco,reusable new walmart shopping bags are the EXACT same Material.. Yes they Are Smart Pot Material grocery bags,,,4gal of Soil JUST Right for most indoor growers. I going to get battiers for my camera, Pics in a BIT.;)

:rofl: Ok got it now...we ARE talking grocery bags...but stoner ingenuity has engineered them into grow bags!! I Like it!

They are 100% POLYPROPYLENE and that is what Smart Pots are Made of Too!! heres a couple pics I got 4gl soil in it and handles worked fine.:D

phpYMEePAPM.jpg

phpvlbzg8PM.jpg

php091iZfPM.jpg

phpRl2aHVPM.jpg

BudLover#69 said:
They are 100% POLYPROPYLENE and that is what Smart Pots are Made of Too!! heres a couple pics I got 4gl soil in it and handles worked fine.:D

You know what wld look good in that bag? A bean....:hubba: Do you hve room for one more in your veg space?:)
Wld love to see how these perform. Of course I am in NJ and will probably never see this at my Walmart....suckage.

Hamster Lewis said:
You know what wld look good in that bag? A bean....:hubba: Do you hve room for one more in your veg space?:)
Wld love to see how these perform. Of course I am in NJ and will probably never see this at my Walmart....suckage.

Ya I got a cple cuttings that need a couple more days and then in these they go. I'm going to try two and see.. They are pretty cool for 25cents ya? I am surprised all the pot heads here in Sac haven't used them yet. Stupid Smart pots are very expensize 7$ for 3gal here in Sac!,, Gota love the wallyworld.

I've tried both, the grocery bags are cheaper, but start to break down after a few months. The commercial fabric bags are more expensive and reusable.

Grubbycup said:
I've tried both, the grocery bags are cheaper, but start to break down after a few months. The commercial fabric bags are more expensive and reusable.

These are washable and reuseable and at least 1 mill thick,, the first ones walmart had were really thin but now they are much more thick,,I think they would be fine for at least one cycle maybe even a few. For 25cents even one cycle is great!

If they are polypropelene, they will not be biodegradable and should easily last a veg-flowering grow.
We have them in the UK but they look like an immitation hemp/canvas type fabric. I have seen them used as planters but not for weed.

I guess if someone can make a bong out of a grapefruit and a disposable pen then growing weed in a grocery bag should be simple!
W

This seems like a good idea and i think i will have to try a few clones and a couple of seed. Way to go BudLover#69 good find.

Rusty Shackleford said:
This seems like a good idea and i think i will have to try a few clones and a couple of seed. Way to go BudLover#69 good find.

If ya can start a thread on it with some pics...love seeing stuff like this and I am sure others wld too. Thanks aBroham and welcome to MP.

Latest posts

Back