from 3 leaves to 5 leaves? normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtlange2682

Reaction score
my plant has always grown with 3 leaves but I noticed today that the most recent set of leaves has 5 leaves (the classic marijuana leaf). I started 12 on 12 off light on monday, and I was wondering if that had anything to do with it or is it just something that all plants do?

genetics, and i think i may be wrong but it might grow more as it grows in flower

Actualy if your plant is a clone, it is very normal to have 3 leave's during veg, usualy there tendd to grow 5 as they mature out. But if that is from seed and has 3 leave's, than this lower blade detail is a sign of some internal stress, but if they have developed to 5 leave's than i would say that stress factor is gone now. Hope this can help out, Peace and Love!!!!!!
Roken.

it't called the plant is maturing.

if you notice on a seedling, it will start off with 2 (usually) sets of a "single" leaf, then group of 3... then as the plant matures, it will be sets of 5, then 7, and so on... it's that maturity of the plant that determines this... don't believe me?... let a plant veg for quite some time....

I had a set of eleven once on an outdoor strain, but it started out with two sets of three and so on as it got bigger.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
it't called the plant is maturing.

if you notice on a seedling, it will start off with 2 (usually) sets of a "single" leaf, then group of 3... then as the plant matures, it will be sets of 5, then 7, and so on... it's that maturity of the plant that determines this... don't believe me?... let a plant veg for quite some time....

:yeahthat: .
also i have had plants with a crazy light timer that never got the same light and dark periods that put out sets of 3 for a while. plants that have been in flowering and pulled out develop single leaves then 2 and so on, or at least mine did. just my experience. hope this helps

it started off from a seed but yea its getting a lot bigger. I dont really have room for a setup so its been under a 60watt in a grow box but its over a foot tall and has good size leaves so its still staying strong. I can see the next set of leaves coming in and they have 5 too, grow baby grow :D

my skunk haze plants are only 3 inches tall and tehy grew theyre first single set of leaves,then 2 sets of 3leaves,and now they have 1,just about 2 sets of 5.

if you let it grow long enough, they will have sets of eleven, on average.

those look kewl :cool:

yeah for sure, my plant started with 2, then 3. then 5 and now 7...its just what marijuana does man...one thing i know for sure is that it is a lotta fun watchin it grow!

the fun part is when you flip to 12/12 and see those numbered pairs reverse and start dropping. So it starts with 9 or 11 when sexually matured and starts to go backwards until it reaches 1 blade per leaf, the bud leaves.

massproducer said:
the fun part is when you flip to 12/12 and see those numbered pairs reverse and start dropping. So it starts with 9 or 11 when sexually matured and starts to go backwards until it reaches 1 blade per leaf, the bud leaves.

funny as my last harvest i thought it was shooting singles and doubles bcs there was some light leaks...

Latest posts

Back