G&M Herijuana x Blueberry/Chem Dawg SR x Nanda Devi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I visited with the friend who gave me the Nanda Devi cross yesterday. He told me the plant he got the seeds from was a good 16 ft tall(outside obviously) do it is no wonder these are stretchy. He also said he is letting a bunch of plants on his property go feral. He has a patch of a variety of strains and crosses that he just lets do what comes naturally. He is hoping they revert to a landrace type of thing. He is also trying to grow some sequoia seeds he was gifted. He said they don’t want to sprout so he tried putting them in his oven on low to simulate the fires that sequoia trees experience in the wild. He is a big ecology dude with a degree in forestry(ran an American Chestnut program trying to introduce some resistant trees across the northeast). He is happy I am attempting to get some F2 seeds of the CDSR x ND cross. He is out of those seeds as well.

My male plant is suffering in room lighting. Looks like iron deficiency according to growweedeasy but I suspect it is lack of feeding and light. Just hoping some of the male flowers open soon. I wonder if male flower opening time is related to seed ripening time(say 6 or 7 weeks from when pollinated females will have developed healthy seeds). Even if I pollinated today, and had 6-7 weeks for the seeds to mature, that would put me smack dab in the middle of my vacation…

I have a watering system coming in a few days after a member on a different site suggested it. There are moisture sensors that are calibrated based on preferred moisture content and are gravity fed. Love the science! There are no pumps to fail due to mechanical issues or power outages. I will be testing it out prior to departure to try to get it dialed in.

I have a watering system coming in a few days after a member on a different site suggested it. There are moisture sensors that are calibrated based on preferred moisture content and are gravity fed. Love the science! There are no pumps to fail due to mechanical issues or power outages. I will be testing it out prior to departure to try to get it dialed in.

Hey OldFogey,
I’m on the hunt for a watering system as well for an upcoming vacation. Sounds like you might be trying BluMats? If not, is there another watering system you like? The moisture sensing aspect sounds interesting.

Hey OldFogey,
I’m on the hunt for a watering system as well for an upcoming vacation. Sounds like you might be trying BluMats? If not, is there another watering system you like? The moisture sensing aspect sounds interesting.
Yes. It is the Blumat system. I can’t vouch for the system yet. I will update this thread when I get them and then again after I give the system a couple of weeks testing. It may not be perfect but as long as the plants stay relatively healthy, I will consider the system adequate. I bought an extra adapter for a 5 gallon bucket because I watched a video from Blumat where the rep recommended it. I don’t recall what his reasoning was. I may need to 5 gallon buckets to last the 11 days but I also have a 20 gallon sump pump container I had meant to replace a 5 gallon home-made sump pump system with. That may be what I end up using.

3 weeks in flower:
Dawg-Devi
IMG_2478.jpeg
IMG_2479.jpeg
IMG_2480.jpeg

Heri-Berry little stretch:
IMG_2481.jpeg
IMG_2482.jpeg
IMG_2483.jpeg

Heri-Berry a bit stretchier:
IMG_2475.jpeg
IMG_2476.jpeg
IMG_2477.jpeg

Starting to see some trichomes on the Heri-Berry. Just pistil cotton balls on the Dawg-Devi plants.

Had to do something about the height difference between the Dawg-Devi and the Heri-Berry. Had a couple of storage containers that solved it.
IMG_2485.jpeg

Tomorrow I need to route the power cords to the lights thru one of the upper holes.

Bought a Spider Farmer SF1000 to replace my really old blurple King 1200. It’ll be here next week.

Routed the power cords. I am much happier with clean cabling. Put my male Dawg-Devi under a T5 fixture because window light ain’t cutting it.

My Tropf-Blumat automatic watering system came today, I guess I will be setting it up tonight. Also I am getting the slightest bit of nute burn on the leaf tips. The plants are drinking like a frat pledge. I was watering every other day but it is daily now.

Confuscious say a watched male cannabis plant never pollinate. Still waiting for the flowers to open so I can gather some for selective pollination. I have some concern that I won’t have pollen soon enough to give the selectively pollinated buds time to let the seeds mature…

If you've got my kind of luck, you'll wake up one morning with pollen all over hell's creation.
He is in a different area with no fans down inside a cardboard box. But, yep, I am sure when I least expect it, there will be clouds of pollen. If it wasn’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all.

4 weeks:
Devi-Dawg:
IMG_2511.jpeg
IMG_2509.jpeg
IMG_2508.jpeg

Heri-Berry less stretch:
IMG_2515.jpeg
IMG_2513.jpeg
IMG_2512.jpeg

Heri-Berry more stretch:
IMG_2506.jpeg
IMG_2505.jpeg
IMG_2504.jpeg

Should have pollen tonight so I will be pollinating one branch of each. Still haven’t gotten around to setting up the auto watering system. The video I watched said to plant the ‘carrots’ when the soil is at the desired moisture content so that has been delaying my progress. I would like the pots to be ‘almost dry’…

Attachments

• IMG_2513.jpeg
    IMG_2513.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
It will be interesting to see how those Tropf-Blumat watering spikes work with the perlite mix. I have read perlite and similar drain enhancing media can be problematic. I was thinking of trying them in our raised garden this year, though, where I routinely forget to water.

It will be interesting to see how those Tropf-Blumat watering spikes work with the perlite mix. I have read perlite and similar drain enhancing media can be problematic. I was thinking of trying them in our raised garden this year, though, where I routinely forget to water.
I guess I could see that since the trigger that allows water to flow is hydrostatic pressure(I think). I will have about a month to see how they work or don’t work…😁

Set up the Tropf-Blumat auto watering system this morning before lights out. Now the hard part will be dialing it in. I hope one month is enough time to feel comfortable with the system and to get an idea of how long a 5 gallon bucket will last.
IMG_2527.jpeg

About 20 days since taking cuttings. The plants were in early flower so I wasn’t certain any would root but I found 3 of 12 have roots. I didn’t have any Dip N Grow so I tried using Superthrive as a rooting agent.
IMG_2529.jpeg

Put the SF LED in. Fanless LED’s are quiet. Go figure. Pots felt light so I opened the valves on the ‘carrots’ a bit.

The different LED spectrums make it look like I have a filter on the pics.

IMG_2532.jpeg

The plants are where they are going to be from here to harvest because of the plumbing on the watering system.

I am happy the Dawg-Devi plants look to be filling in.
IMG_2533.jpeg

The ‘stretchy’ Heri-Berry I think will do better.

IMG_2535.jpeg

The dense-as-a-shrubbery Heri-Berry needs more plucking.

IMG_2534.jpeg

IMG_2536.jpeg
IMG_2537.jpeg
IMG_2538.jpeg

Latest posts

Back