Gdp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nvthis

Why does she give me such a friggin headache? I swear, out of everything I have, I have the most trouble keeping this girl green. I have a friend who has the same cut and the same issue. It's not bad enough to call her a sick plant by any means but I find that she continually mocks me!

I have (some) of her in flower and at four weeks she already looks ancient. I know it's me cause she's not like this outdoors...

More/less macro?... Nope. More/less micro?... Nope

Am I dumb?.... Well, I'll plead the 5th on that thank you.

Hmm... I just don't know. The most affective thing I have found to combat this is when I transplant her. She will snap out of it for a bit, but as soon as her roots touch the bottom of the new pot she'll throw a couple of yellows. Clearly she knows it drives me to fits... She is vindictive and evil.

:hubba: What a girl!!!

2009_0817Aug170007.JPG

Nvthis I had the same problem when I grew NL from Nirvana, the only thing I found to combat my problem was to flower my cuttings as soon as they reached 6 inches or so in 5 gal pots! I found that they had the room they needed to stay happy, its funny because all other plants I grow I veg to 12-18 inches and flower them in 2gal pots! I figured maybe the NL Nirvana pheno I had was root bound sesitive at least thats the only explanation I could come up with, I actually took it out of my stable do to that fact! Not sure if this is your problem it just looks and sounds similar, in any case I hope you get the problem solved!

Phatpharmer

I bought my GDP clones from a club here in Norcal and have had micro nute def endless as well. I've had to add cal-mag and treat for zinc def also. Must be a sensitive girl - high matenance. The herbs pretty good though. Best of luck............

Im glad i took a peek inside this thread ! I am having that very same problem
right now. I have 16 GDP girlies and 2 of them are notorius for this, I havent been able to pin point it either ? I have 17 PK girls in the same place and they all are just as green and perky as can be ? I thought for a second I might have been over watering them, but it has only been those two ?

Yeah, I am pretty sure you guys know what I am saying. It's the same. As long as there is all kinds of root space, she is fine. The second the roots hit anything it's a complete revolution.

Jman and Chris, where did you guys get your cuts? Not that it matters too much, we all got the same thing.

I have a grape ape (sister pheno to gdp) and she is just fine. I also have a PK and she is fine as well. Both are showing a lightening in the green now but nowhere near as bad.

I got my GDP babies in SantaRosa from a friend, and the PK babies from another friend in Oakland !

ive seen mad gdp grow in aeroponics and soil...thats what the leaves do during the middle/end of flowering. they go like a weed rainbow or something. I think its kinda pretty actually.

its nothing to worry about tho.

Cut off those yellow leaves. She'll look fine

one thing i've observed lately when envisioning weed plants in place of every legal plant i see lol (it's become a hobby of mine) is that a lot of nromal plants get yellow leaves, spots etc and noone bats an eye. tomato plants do this a lot and sitill produce tomatos just fine.

i think we marijuana cultivators obsess a bit over our plants, and that we should just chillax a bit and let our plants do what they gotta do.

I bought the clones at Harborside. None of my problems w/ GDP have been part of the natural cycle. I've absolutely fixed some of the issues, which have mostly been zinc and phosphorus uptake. The thing is, it seems like the defeciency returns or one happens after the other extending periods of stress. In any case I find some GDP cuttings unpredictable.

I typically take cuttings in house now. Harborside is a great place but they're clones are poorly screened and researched. Many strains are sold because they clone prolifically - not because they represent a quality mother. I've bought Sour Bub from them that turned out to be highly suseptable to powdery mildew, The Sour D produced well but is scentless and weak w/ spotty male flowers and now the GDP has funky issues. I have my own strains that grow healthy, productive herb in the same area so I'm confident the issues are strain related. Best of luck....................

this GDP strain sounds like my last couple a girlfriends...
i think i'll take this hint and stay away from her...
how's the stuff smoke anyhow?
nothing quite like a random bag(seed) for me :D

My gdp is also from HS. Their afgooey is spot on but slightly airy compared to what I have gotten in the past. She is a blast to grow and becomes a star @ about three weeks and keeps you glued to the show til harvest. Not a huge prducer though. I also have HS romulan @ 5 weeks. She is a pretty good budder but I am not so sure she is the goods. That will have to wait til harvest I guess. I can tell you that there is nothing very exciting about her yet....

let me have a cut of that gdp ill inspect it maybie needs a lil cal-mag

Im growing two outside in 15 gallon pots. Did the same in pots last year, they didnt get big, but was my fave plant of the year smoke wise. She was also the last plant I harvested last year. She lost a bunch of leaves before she was done.
Always interesting reading about the strains I have in the yard....good posts guys, thanks.

Latest posts

Back