General Hydroponics 3-part flora bloom, grow, micro schedule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You seem awful aggressive about something that is nothing but an individuals choice.

I think that it would be impossible for AN to produce enough of a difference in yield weight to substantiate the outrageous cost of their product over what GH costs. If you get another ounce of weed per/pound, and it's 1% more potent, look at what that cost you.

Let's not get all crazy about it.

Some people like GH. Some don't. Let's leave it at that.

DirtySouth said:
Very true,very true. The "Flora" series is just that 1-1-1. Came out w/ it AFTER A.N. came into the open w/ "look what our stuff does". This made G.H. step it up,thus FLORONAVA. I doubt their gonna tell ya this,lol.

Each is his own. I'm just wondering when G.H. is gonna do a side by side grow to show the world how their product blows the rest outta the water in aspects of yeild and potency. Matter of fact I just want them to show me a bud grow. Just 1. I mean it would be "stupid" to show false results. I've seen A.N. blow the rest outta the water;yeild and potency.

joegrow22 said:
Hey Stoney,
With regard to the question about recirculation and drain to waste, i knew what in general that meant, but what i was trying to ask is this: I have a self-contained hydro bucket, with the drip and coco balls in a bucket, with that bucket rests on the reservoir. Now, that gets recirculated through a pump. What happens with a drain to waste. If it was a drain to waste, would that mean that it would just go straight through and there is no reservoir, or how does that work?
In a drain to waste system, there is no reservoir. The drip is adjusted to provide an almost non-existent waste and that waste is discarded, not reused. There are outside systems for tomatoes in Italy that use this system. The waste drip is monitored via laser/computer, and adjusted to less than 8 ounces of waste per/day per/unit.

The system I'm speaking of is open to rain. When rain is detected, the drip is shut off until the waste stream quits again. Then it ramps up until it's correct again.

The system is shown in Dr. Howard Resh's first edition of "Hydroponic Food Production".

Well, I received a reply from someone at GH. I asked for details from someone with intimate knowledge of the product and got a reply that is plain vanilla and has no detailed information at all.

The reply pretty much says: "Do whatever you like". I'm disappointed in their lack of interest when replying to a group of 20 Thousand people who have a real question.

Here it is exactly as I received it:

Hello,
The beauty of Flora Series is its versatility. Growers can customize the recipe to whatever works best for them. I have heard so many different recipe's over the years and of course every one is "the best" in the mind of that particular grower. Having said that, I think it is best to use some of all three in all stages of growth because each component contains certain elements that the others do not. So by omitting one you are making an incomplete nutrient. I also think our recommendations for the 3-2-1, 2-2-2, 1-2-3 are a bit aggressive. Personally I think if you cut that recipe in half you will get the best results (but you didn't hear that from me). Like all nutrient manufacturer's, the people in charge want to sell as much nutrient as possible so the recommendations often push the envelope. As you know, some companies try to break their line up into as many components as they can to sell more product. We try to keep it simple and put as much stuff into as few bottles as possible. All I can say is Flora Series is tried and true and has been producing great results for over 20 years. In those twenty years almost as many formulas have been created as there are recipes for apple pie. It just depends which one works best for you.
Thanks,
Jess Pennington
GH

LMAO like I was sayin 1-1-1 works the best. lmao. Just cause I am just tunin in my green thumb does not mean that I'm not surrounded w/ 1st hand knowledge. My buddy's b in law works for em. Tried to tell ya. He does not even use his own companies line, AND ITS FREE . LMAO.
STONEY, brother I'm not laughin @ you it's the way they ran around the corner on ya. P.M. Advanced they'll flood ya w/ info EXACT INFO.

StoneyBud said:
You seem awful aggressive about something that is nothing but an individuals choice.

I think that it would be impossible for AN to produce enough of a difference in yield weight to substantiate the outrageous cost of their product over what GH costs. If you get another ounce of weed per/pound, and it's 1% more potent, look at what that cost you.

Let's not get all crazy about it.

Some people like GH. Some don't. Let's leave it at that.

My bad on the aggression, but your closin your eyes. And its more like 10% more potent,lmao. But you never tried 4 urself,I have, so your basicly runnin other peoples input out your mouth! Not bein rude, just strait up! I know I wouldn't stand up for A.N. if I didn't have 1st hand knowledge, I wounder why you would.

And Stoney ask them how much of those nutes are locked out because of this cramming. LMAO they won't tell ya 4 sure! Thank you for helping me prove what I've been sayin for the past few months. My pics show the 180 degree turn around since ( I still use the flora series ) I added a few select A.N. ammendments. I mean they have 1st hand knowledge where they went wrong, but they'll never tell ya. @ least A.N. is CONSTANTLY improving,tweeking,and just findin out what works and what doesn't.

I mean A.N. took what G.H. had done and ran w/ it, and ran far IMHO. I just don't see why G.H. doesn't jump on the boat?

hey dirty what do you use for a.n and where to find the place to get it. i have gh 6 gal now but when gone i'll give those a shot

The GH nutes cost me $2.63 per/cured ounce of weed.

How much does your AN cost per/cured ounce of weed?

Simple question. What's your answer?

StoneyBud said:
The GH nutes cost me $2.63 per/cured ounce of weed.

How much does your AN cost per/cured ounce of weed?

Simple question. What's your answer?

Lets see. I spent $80.00 on Vodoo. Was given Baracade,Parahna, and tarantula. I bought Budcandy(26.00) Budblood (18.95)
Oh ya floranova (30.00)
I spent $155.00 and only tried 4 plants, which will bring between 12-16 easy.if only 12 zips then 1.28 a zipif I get 16 -LMAO- about .99 cents.
And your point is what????????? I have so much nutes left I'll pay next to nothin once the entire bottles are empied. 1 600hps 4 4 plants only 1.5 months from germination.
Now what else ya got for me? Guyz look @ some pics I have os of recently, then look back. BIG DIFFRENCE.

dr pyro said:
hey dirty what do you use for a.n and where to find the place to get it. i have gh 6 gal now but when gone i'll give those a shot

See above. If no hydro store carries them, contact the company!

DirtySouth said:
Lets see. I spent $80.00 on Vodoo. Was given Baracade,Parahna, and tarantula. I bought Budcandy(26.00) Budblood (18.95)
Oh ya floranova (30.00)
I spent $155.00 and only tried 4 plants, which will bring between 12-16 easy.if only 12 zips then 1.28 a zipif I get 16 -LMAO- about .99 cents.
And your point is what????????? I have so much nutes left I'll pay next to nothin once the entire bottles are empied. 1 600hps 4 4 plants only 1.5 months from germination.
Now what else ya got for me? Guyz look @ some pics I have os of recently, then look back. BIG DIFFRENCE.
I'll tell you exactly how it is man. You've just shown that your nutes cost about twice what mine do.

Thanks.

All the other smoke and mirrors don't mean a thing.

$ 4 $. Did you not do the math? You pay over 2x as much as me per zip,lol. Plus the only nute I need to replace for the next 3 runs will be the G.H., dude come on now. A.N. is very potent a minute goes a long way. Not to mention how much more potent the same clones are w/ and w/out. The people will speak as they have. Notice G.H. is finally tring somethin diffrent? Guess what if it wasn't broke they wouldn't try to fix it. Or are you gonna deny that since A.N. has surpassed the rest, NOW HERE COMES THEIR NEW STUFF. Know why? Now they can analize A.N. products inorder to gain knowledge on which way to go.
Man ya made me bring in nutatics,lol politics for nutes. Didn't you get the hint with their vaig reply? I mean come on bro!
1st hand experience and you?

Stoneybud this was by no means a personal attack on you or any of your work. Strictly bout the nutes

ct5.jpg

Lets get the numbers down.

You mentioned that someone "gave" you some of your nutes.

That's not what I'm asking.

I'm asking you what it would cost for you to buy all of the nutrients you use for one crop.

Not 3 crops, not 4 crops, not some you were given, not Aunt Sally's cats youngins, just what it would cost you to buy all of the nutrients you use on one full crop from beginning to end.

We can't compare costs unless you tell me that.

You listed about a half dozen nutes you use.

What I'm trying to get you to tell me is what you're paying per/ounce of cured weed for nothing but the nutrients if you bought every single one of them that you use.

Mine cost me $2.63 per/ounce of cured weed.

What do yours cost per/ounce of cured weed if you bought each of them?

O.K. Mr personal. !st off they don't sell nutes "for just 1 crop" Come on dude if I divide the cost per whats left its pennies on the dollar. Your so funny.
Are you convinsing yourself? Thinkin bout switchin?

DirtySouth said:
Stoneybud this was by no means a personal attack on you or any of your work. Strictly bout the nutes
That's great man. Discussing nutrients and thier costs isn't something that should get personal.

You've told me that you think your weed is 10% stronger than weed grown using GH 3 part nutes.

I'm trying to find out what you pay to get that 10%.

If you're paying $4+ per/oz of cured weed, then you're paying 200% of what I pay and only getting 10% better product.

If that's accurate, then it's not worth the difference to me.

Lets consider two parts:

1. I get one ounce of cured weed per/sq ft of growing area.

2. I pay $2.63 per/ounce for the cured weed I grow.

QUESTIONS FOR YOU:

1. How much cured weed per/sq ft of growing area do you get while using Advanced Nutrients products?

2. How much per/ounce of cured weed do your nutrients cost of you paid for every single one of them?

As I told ya b4, only thing I have to replace is the G.H.

Come on man, it's only a little math. You can divide the totals and figure out how much one crop costs you.

Each bottle holds so many ounces or milliliters. You use so much of each bottle for each crop. You get so many ounces of weed in one crop.

Just do the math.

How can we talk about which one is a better deal if we don't know how much it costs you per/ounce of cured weed?

If we don't compare the numbers, it's just a bunch of arguing for nothing.

the freebies would cost nother $60.00, so if only 12 then $1.77 a zip. $1.34 a zip is 16

Latest posts

Back