general watering/nute help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tester

Amsterdam
Reaction score
How much water should seedling receive? i have been told 10ml every day or two at a ph of 6.5 and about 5ml of greenstart per litre?

How much water should plants receive during veg? i have been told start at 100 progress to 250ml then to 500ml(half litre) at a ph of 6.5 with vegagrow A and B?

How much water should plants receive during flowering? i have been told about 1 litre per plant at a ph of 6.5 with flowering nutes(brand to be decided)?

please correct me on this as i would just like to confirm if wht i have been doing is correct.

i have never measured the water i give a plant at any stage, i simply
water a plant until water starts to drip out the bottom into a tray all my pots sit in, then i leave them until the top two inchs of dirt are dry, and do it again. PH 6.5 is correct,

i always go by feel , when it starts to feel light , i give it some water

ok thanks for the input greatly appreciated

always under water than over.its ok for the soil to dry out alittle i use my finger to test if below the surface is wet then dont water if its dry when you put your finger in then water

Plants perk up very quickly when under watered.

20% of your container size is a decent rule of thumb for watering established plants, but phenos vary. I make 'em wilt and whine before I water them and they seem to love the neglect.

Hi,

As long as you let the top inch or two of your soil surface dry out well between thorough waterings you won't run into problems. I think weight is a very easy method for checking smaller plants or for any plant that you can easily lift for that matter. If you're don't have a feel for what the wet and dry weight should be you could always keep a couple of extra containers with soil in them, one watered until slight runoff and another that is mostly dried out to compare with your pot with the plant in it. Within a short time you'll get a feel for when they need to be watered.

Happy Growing!:cool:

Latest posts

Back