genetics or chomosomes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
herbaura said:
does anyone know for a fact (experience) what happens when clones are taken from a female plant that turned hermie? basically do i need new parent plants(non-hermied) or can i still successfully flower my cuttings without growing seeds?

Lol...okay asshat. So first you ask for experience and then when you don't get the answer you want you want scientists and then insult us stoners....?

If you have been doing this successfully for more then ten years then that makes me question your definition of successful....flower out your hermie laden cuts and see how successful you are at picking seeds out of your crop. This is a MJ growing site not the Institute for Science....don't ask for opinions and then insult the people who actually take the time to reply.....

"Marijuana Garden Saver", 2008 Quick Trading Company Oakland Ca.(J.C.Stitch p.116) "Clones from plants grown indoors may exhibit hermaphrodite tendencies as part of an intergenerational non-genetic, but chromosomal, adaptation process." scientific observation...not just an opinion, and i'm just trying to deciphor the differences'.

hamster i just dont like you or your quote. sorry

hick where are you from? cuz, i'm from cali bud, i think i know the difference in that we are talking about, after all its my question. also, i did not mean to insult anyone, like *** hat or whatever did.

ozzy, i have never planted a seed does that make a difference in the possible outcome?

herbaura said:
"Marijuana Garden Saver", 2008 Quick Trading Company Oakland Ca.(J.C.Stitch p.116) "Clones from plants grown indoors may exhibit hermaphrodite tendencies as part of an intergenerational non-genetic, but chromosomal, adaptation process." scientific observation...not just an opinion, and i'm just trying to deciphor the differences'.

bull crap propaganda from "someone" not able to accept the fact that hermies are a failure in their breeding selections?..:hubba: Hoping to justify it as.."okay".. "sometimes"..
..but, wait. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=685268&postcount=14
How long you been at this?

but I to agree that the butt cap comment was insulting as well. Hammy, go to your cage!.. without any supper!..:ignore:

herbaura said:
hamster i just dont like you or your quote. sorry

Oh now it is the quote in my signatures fault? Lol....you don't have to like me or the quote....
Unfortunately the quote is true....I am not from Cali and the images of those buildings falling are still seared into my brain...it happened miles from my home not hundreds or thousands of miles.....miles bud.

The answer you seek is not here because we don't sugar coat the truth....try RIU or another of the tool sheds out there....I have a feeling you will fit right in.

Peace

Its the Chromosomes,
In many sexually reproducing plant species essentially alike in their gender condition. Many such 'sexually monomorphic' species are hermaphroditic.
Plants have the same function as animals, you may be knowing about the xx and yy chromosomes,,,

:)

Hamster Lewis said:
Oh now it is the quote in my signatures fault? Lol....you don't have to like me or the quote....
Unfortunately the quote is true....I am not from Cali and the images of those buildings falling are still seared into my brain...it happened miles from my home not hundreds or thousands of miles.....miles bud.

The answer you seek is not here because we don't sugar coat the truth....try RIU or another of the tool sheds out there....I have a feeling you will fit right in.

Peace

Maybe it was your quote from Tex that ruffled his feathers.:hubba:

Jeez, how many times and how many people have to tell you that it is in the genetics of the plant and if the mother hermied, the clones, which are genetic duplicates will most likely hermie too. There is NO strain that is so wonderful that I would keep a plant with hermie genetics. There are many many great strains out there and seeds are cheap. Why do you keep arguing with the experienced growers here? Those that answered you probably have 100 years of cumulative experience growing.

so, if i select a parent with both male and female sex, every cutting with be male and female? or because the genes are the same as the original mother plant(only female sex,but carrying the ability to herm) will the plant once again be able to grow only female flowers unless environmentally effected(stressed)?

...."they are identical genetic duplicates"
if the donor was prone to hermie, so go the cuts....

is there an echo in here?... :p

thank you Gartner, that was well put. know i fully understand that the chromosomes will shift and i do believe that means the genes change even in a cutting, but only when you change the mother plant along with this polymorphism. im still hoping that i can keep the seeds in a state of dormancy as was the case before. ill let you know if the tendency for these traits to remain dorant is predominate or whether these newly desired charactoristics become more dominant in the set of chromosomes. or at the least i will have some killer seeds with which to choose from.

herbaura said:
thanks to all except that hamster fool.

why would you join a site and immeadetly start friction with one of the sites respected members?

talk about getting off on the wrong foot.

herbaura said:
thanks to all except that hamster fool.

Yeah don't listen to that hamster fool......I hear he doesn't even know how to grow a good hermie.......unlike you right?
I don't know what you have been doing for those 10 plus years but maybe in another 10 you might know that males don't have seeds.....:holysheep:

hey hamster, ever hear of the mango, an Amsterdam cannabis cup winner?

dman, it was not my wish to create static, but he stated it and u should stay out of it, know what i mean. by the way, is that a guy in the trooper suit, yuk!

You realize that no one will help you ever again on mp. Name calling and gay jokes huh? How old are you again? Lets see some pics of your 10 years of experience....

Latest posts

Back