Germinating dilemma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pothead

Reaction score
I resently purchased some seeds and I tried the paper towel method to germinate them, but they are not germinating all the way. Only about 1/4 of an inch sticks out and thats it. Only one of the 10 seeds have germinated.

I have them under a 400hps light and its a few feet away. The one that did grow, is growing ssooooo slowly...

What can i do to make the seed germinate the whole way??

Thanks in advance.

:rolleyes: Hmmm... do you mean the SEEDS are under lights???
Not sure if that is what you meant... but they should be where the sun doesn't shine... :rofl:... just out of the light... Mine are usually on the counter in the kitchen so I don't forget and let them dry out. The paper towel method is my favorite... some people scrape the seed a little with an emery board... I've never tried that... Good luck.
But if they are under the light... that's a problem..
:peace:

Try keeping the temps at 70-85 degrees, keep them in a place without any light, and make sure the paper towel is moist but not too wet. More than just damp, but not near the point where water drips off.

i'd suggest putting em on a heat source,like an older style monitor,a dvd player,a desktop modem,or a heating pad on low.a lil warmth does wonders for germing.also,i found that after my seeds sprout,or the seed starts to crack and the tap root starts peekin out,try puttin them in the light,they say its not good,but i've had great succes doin this.the tap root always seems to grow faster when doin this.hopefully this'll put you on the right track to gettin them babies germed.-peace

I always just put them in a wet paper towel then in a drawer... Within about 3 days i have a 1/4" tap root and i plant it in the soil about 1/2" down in the soil with the root facing down... Keep the soil damp after this.... Watering it once might work though cause my starter cups are outside and i planted and just watered once and came back 3 days later and now 4 of the 6 cups made plants but my 5 gallon bucket didn't... Probably too much soil in there for the water to get to the seed, i just figured i would try it so i don't have to transplant one of them, lol...

Latest posts

Back