germinating on a heating pad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JS58272938

Reaction score
I know this sounds stupid, but my wife is insane and keeps it around 65-68 degrees in the house at all times, an i cant find a warm spot in the house that will germinate my seeds. I came up with the idea of putting the covered tray on a heating pad to keep it warm, Will this work? Or will it get too hot? I would say on the lowest setting it is probably around 90 degrees. Is that too hot? Ive tried on top of the fridge (typically a warm place) on top of the dryer...to no avail. Would the heating pad work? I germinated my last seeds while she was visiting her sister for a week i had the heat cranked up to 78 lol, i was sweating my *** off!

you can buy a germination pad from your local garden store...that'll fix'er up

I use the top of the cable box....works like a charm...

lol !!!! i would have my setup in my livingroom to if i could..lol

90s gona cook those seeds - layer it with a towel and test the temps. 78F is a nice goal. I'm doing the same - heat pad on low with one towel folded in 4 and got a plate with a dome on top of that and inside the dome it says 78.... experiment. you might not need as much underneath but you probably need something covering the top if the rooms that chilly. My ambient temps are 70-74 in the room....

:yeahthat:

now ya got it huh OHC? :clap:

Latest posts

Back