Germination Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chips Deluxe

Cheeba Cheeba
Reaction score
I've read plenty about Germination, And its all from some unknown writer or something so I just wanted to ask you guys so that I could have follow-up questions..

Whats the best method to germinate seeds? The napkin trick has never worked for me with a marijuana seed, I put them in cups, in a dark place..

How far down do your plant your seed? I'd say I plant them about... To the first joint in my pointer finger.. About the length of the cuttings on ur house key...

How long before it should break soil?

Is it best to keep plastic wrap over it to keep humidity? Or no plastic wrap for fresh air flow?

Chips Deluxe said:
Whats the best method to germinate seeds?
That's a relative question. I don't beleive there is a "best" way to germinate your seeds. Everyone experiences a varying degree of sucess with different methods. Personally, I like the paper towel method, works for me everytime. ;)

Chips Deluxe said:
How far down do your plant your seed? I'd say I plant them about... To the first joint in my pointer finger.. About the length of the cuttings on ur house key...
I think the general rule is to plant the seeds about 1/4 inch into the soil.

Chips Deluxe said:
How long before it should break soil?
From my experience, it takes anywhere from 3-5 days to break soil.

Chips Deluxe said:
Is it best to keep plastic wrap over it to keep humidity? Or no plastic wrap for fresh air flow?
I have no idea about this one. But J-bonez wrote a wonderful tutorial on how to germinate your seeds and it includes his method of using plastic wrap. Give it a read...I'm sure it'll help!

i do not soak my seeds.i just put them in the root riot cubes and spritz with water,to keep pretty moist until they pop.i have had some seeds to take 8-10 days to pop also.so do not get over zealous.patience on however you do it.jmo

use empty clean pill rx bottle

add little of water in it, add couple of seeds, let it sit by the window, some will spout out.. and run along with these rules of plant the seeds above of what others has told you.. run along... sorry to hear that napkin trick didnt work for you... sometime it work sometime it dont.... have fun...

Latest posts

Back