getting rid of the smell ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymonkey

Reaction score
hi
my grow is nearly ready for the flowering stage & already it started to smell.....
ive bought a carbon filter & odur sock,my m8 said just put them both on top of the tent,but as this is my 1st ever grow,it dosnt really sound much of an idea

please pictures of setups with the carbon filter already setup,so i can see for myself & the pictures will help a great deal

much appreciated if people can share pictures of there setup WITH carbon filter/odur sock

thanks all:)

I have my carbon filter attached to my ceiling along with a 6" Vortex, with the hot air being exhausted out of my grow room.

all you need to effectivly kill smell is a carbon filter and fan set up in a "scrubber" configuration. that is a fan on top of a filter standing in the corner to filter the air in the area and remove the stinkies.

pcduck said:
I have my carbon filter attached to my ceiling along with a 6" Vortex, with the hot air being exhausted out of my grow room.

hi m8
thanks for reply

is it best to exhaust the hot air out of the tent with the carbon filter on the outside of the 6"vortex ?...or the other way round the carbon filter on the inside of the tent ?

you'll get the best results if you "pull" the air through the filter instead of blowing into it.

PUFF MONKEY said:
you'll get the best results if you "pull" the air through the filter instead of blowing into it.

hi puff monkey

thanks for the info.. what is a `scrubber` ?

like so..

fweed 227.JPG

is it best to exhaust the hot air out of the tent with the carbon filter on the outside of the 6"vortex ?...or the other way round the carbon filter on the inside of the tent ?

Have your carbon filter inside of the tent, babymonkey.

babymonkey, You might want to check this thread out for pics of carbon setups inside tents Tent Growers Club.... If you skim through that post you will find pics of a variety of ways that people have installed there carbon filter and fan. It does seem as though they are all on the inside of the tent.

warfish said:
babymonkey, You might want to check this thread out for pics of carbon setups inside tents Tent Growers Club.... If you skim through that post you will find pics of a variety of ways that people have installed there carbon filter and fan. It does seem as though they are all on the inside of the tent.

except mine and PM.. lol i have mine as well ouut side my tent.. due to the fact i dont have the room above to put the filter and grow.. hehehe ..
but i havent found anything wrong with having it out side the tent..;)
its what ever a guy can do....check the site out.....:D
LH

warfish said:

thanks warfish for the info:)

babymonkey said:
hi puff monkey

thanks for the info.. what is a `scrubber` ?
a "scrubber" is a fan/filter setup that stands freely somewhere in the growroom or near the growroom to "scrub" the area...however, scrubbers are usually high CFM setups..ie 300 or higher. since your using an odor sock, you may wanna get some type of speed controller for the fan as a single sock usually won't stand up to even the weakest inline fan(not meaning booster fans).

Hey babymonkey if your still having odors with the carbon filter you should take a look at homemadegravity's thread. It's pretty neat and seems like it will do the trick. The thread is called "Build your own Odor Neutralizing Machine" and apparently it works. I plan on making one myself once I start smelling that skunk...

A jar of Ona...but if your gowing to get serious about growing your going to want a good fan and filter...if you don't buy one up front in about 6 weeks your going to be wishing you'd bought one.

:yeahthat: I set up an ONA odor nuetralizing machine when I first set up my grow, it did serve it's purpose for a time but all it really does is mask the smell, not remove it. I have since purchased a large carbon scrubber and it has made a world of difference. It is hard to put a price on the piece of mind of no smell.

I don't have the space inside my room either. I pull air through my 3x3x5 veg room then into my 40"x40"x7' flower room, then out through the filter. I made a filter housing from the DIY section and filled it with 25lbs of tidy cat cat litter. Been working fine. I have 3 "bushes" about a week from harvest. If you can use a tins snips and duct tape, you can make one too.

Shark.........I find that hard to believe...how much is an airpurifier anyway? Are you speaking from experience? Because I've been around this for years and have never heard of using an air purifier...I'm not calling you a liar...lol..just wondering where your getting your info from?

legalize_freedom,

I don't know for sure about MJ smell but some of the air purifiers are very effective at removing odors. I have seen them demonstrated with onion and horseradish and the did a very good job.

By the way, what is an odor sock?

Great smoking.

When he says air purifier, if he means a industrial Carbon Breeze, like I sent you that link, LF. Then those are way badazz.

Latest posts

Back