Goldilocks Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NorthernLights went out Yesterday.....

Out of the garden and onto drying screens. I will be leaving a fan on and bringing the heat up to 68f. The buds were rock hard and will take quite a while on those screens to get to the "paper bag" point. Featured in the last two pics are the NorthernLights tripple bud I have been taking pics of since it formed.

Thanks for comming by and joining in with my Marijauna Passion :D . This Grow Season of 2009 has been fun and educational to me. I appreciate each and every comment you all have made, thank You All. Sounds like I am winding down this thread, and I am. I will post some pics of the Blueberry when we harvest next week and the Flo too. We have a week of good weather the Blueberry and Flo should love it.

10 20 NL a.JPG

10 20 NL c.JPG

10 20 NL b.JPG

10 20 NL d.JPG

10 20 NL e.JPG

Very nice TC! I think I can smell them from here. You don't hang the buds?

Benny, I wouldnt be surprised that you could smell them up your way.....I dreamt about the smell of them last night, really strong. I do hang sometimes. The bud seems to dry a bit quicker on the screens than leaving it on the big stems. It is pretty cold down there, and I since had trimmers yesterday, we trimmed the bud down to a farethewell. There will be no "second" trim on these buds. These buds will be cut from the stem and looked over for any stray leaf matter and then jared. If on the other hand, a hard frost had come up all the plants would have been taken, and in that instance ....I would be hanging most of the plants. I have four screens that are about 3'x4', they are stacked about five inches apart. We filled three and a half yesterday. I also have a fan down there running to circulate the air.

I also want to say, yesterday was the first time I trimmed with gloves on. I am sold, gloves are the way to go!

Unbelievably gorgeous. Take a bow, TC! You set the standard high.

Thank You Mojave and UK, I dont know bout setting standards High, but that NorthernLights should make you High from just smelling it.

The branch I took that had the bud rot on it, I dried and it is smokeable. We partook of it last evening, and I am here to tell you it is the Best Marijauna I have ever grown to date. I love the taste, and the High. I am wondering now, that the bud shown on this page will even be better, as it was taken a few days later. For the first time, I think I have truely grown "Medical Grade" Marijauna! I thot the Grandaddy was close, very close, but this NL is unreal! I think it could compare to anything I have purchased at the Resource Center in Arcata. Their pot is the standard I set my standards by.

We take the second Grandaddy Purple today. The top kola is featured in the BPOM this month. It is time to wind down this grow. I will be hanging the Grandaddy instead of putting it on screens, as I have very little room left on my screens.

Again, thanks for comming by folks. Pics of todays efforts comming up later today or tomorrow.

:ciao: Hello tcbud..

Those are some darn impressive buds youve grown lil lady :D
I hope to one day be able to grow em as good as you do;)

tcbud said:
Thank You Mojave and UK, I dont know bout setting standards High, but that NorthernLights should make you High from just smelling it.

The branch I took that had the bud rot on it, I dried and it is smokeable. We partook of it last evening, and I am here to tell you it is the Best Marijauna I have ever grown to date. I love the taste, and the High. I am wondering now, that the bud shown on this page will even be better, as it was taken a few days later. For the first time, I think I have truely grown "Medical Grade" Marijauna! I thot the Grandaddy was close, very close, but this NL is unreal! I think it could compare to anything I have purchased at the Resource Center in Arcata. Their pot is the standard I set my standards by.

We take the second Grandaddy Purple today. The top kola is featured in the BPOM this month. It is time to wind down this grow. I will be hanging the Grandaddy instead of putting it on screens, as I have very little room left on my screens.

Again, thanks for comming by folks. Pics of todays efforts comming up later today or tomorrow.

tc my good friend.....if this is the 'best' please tell us about the worst pot you ever grew....I am curious and waiting...can't imagine you growing anything that isn't excellent weed....

Remember, I am a Pot Snob......spoilt too....
and after last year.....
I really dont like purple pot to smoke, the kind that tastes purple is what I mean. Not the kind that has purpled due to the cold.

I was looking for a "two hit wonder" and got a "one hit, OMG what is two gonna feel like"...instead....and two is devastating! That pretty much covers it Painter.

Will post up a smoke report on all my strains as soon as I get the cure of a month on them.

TC, whose version of NL did you grow? That is so cool you found a potent one. The problem I see with growing A++ bud is, how can you smoke anything less after that? I tried to smoke a J of PPP last night after a J of widow the night before and I was disappointed. When you screen them, you have taken all the buds off the stems, right? I can see how that speeds up the drying. I want to make some for my popcorn buds to dry on, instead of on my frisbee and 5 gal. bucket lids, lol.

Benny, I have the clone guys version. I will ask him next I see him for the "version" of NL. Yes, I totally understand what you are saying about good bud versus okay bud. I smoked mostly the Grandaddy from last harvest, because it was my best, for daytime I smoked mango. This year, I am lucky, I have the Granddaddy and the NL. They are not quite equal but close enough. Different taste for sure, with the GDP more hashy tasteing, the NL more "chemical" taste and aroma. Northern Lights feels like you are on or are a marshmellow. Makes you smile stupidly automatic.

When I screen them, most of the stem is gone yes (as seen in pic 3). The larger buds stay on the stems. I am hanging all of the GDP and some Flo tho, the bigger buds. I cut off the smaller ones leading up to the packed tops tho. When the stem begins to snap or break I move them or the outside feels "crispy". They will be on the screen about a week, then into bags for a week/couple weeks. I turn the biggest buds daily on the screen, the rest just stay where they are. I am actually trying Stoneybuds method of drying in plastic bags tho on the popcorn from the POG and the Flo. It is working out okay, got to stay on top of it tho. The POG is still pretty moist but I am staying on top of it. I tried talking the other half into makeing butter with it, but he says he is gonna use the "trim".

Below is Flo from the LST plants.:D She is very like the Blueberry, with a little less purple in the buds, a lighter purple, almost grey. She was showing some amber (not over 10%), and I have just got to finish here. The big Flo comes down today, and the BB may get started on too. By next Monday garden is gonna be finished. I would not be suprised if it is finished by Saturday. Would you believe Friday?:D

Put up some more screens! Find some more hangers! Get out the clippers......it is a race to the finish! A race with self.

10 21 Flo LST.JPG

10 21 Flo LST top.JPG

10 21 Flo done.JPG

Last evening, 6:34 PM, Pacific Standard Time, exactly.....the last of the buds were finished.

Finished being trimmed. Finished growing. Finished.
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
There will be a some handling of the buds when putting them into paper bags then off the stems and the cure started. Now, what am I gonna do with all these rubber gloves? I put them into the freezer, gonna see today if the trich covered fingers are able to release the trichs.

Below find Both Blueberrry from Seed Main Kolas and a Root Ball from Blueberry Clone P1. Also a pretty pink underside bud.

I guess it is time to get the camera cleaned off.....trichs have made it pretty sticky, and start taking pics of the beautiful fall colors around here.

I am not gonna say this journal is over (yet), as I will prolly post up some pics of finished buds. I am trying StoneyBuds curing method with the pop corn buds, in case I mess it up and they rot in the bags. I have been warned by the better half that will happen. We will see.

Oh and I must say for the record, Flo stinks. I say old socks, husband says it smells like canalope rinde. The blueberry smells realy nice, but I dont catch a whif of blueberry. The NL on the screens downstairs are starting to have that nasty green bud smell.....untill you pic one up and squeeze it, then the awesome "I am gonna love smoking this" smell comes back.

(Colorado, what are we gonna do without the garden? I get you perfectly.)

10 22 BB a.JPG

10 22 BB main top a.JPG

10 22 BB pink.JPG

10 22 BB tallest top.JPG

10 22 tallest top clipped.JPG

10 22 BB clone root ball.JPG

tcbud... those buds belong on the cover of a magazine moman :D
beautiful work:holysheep: I wanna smoke report for sure, im drooling :)

Very nice TC! Half of me wishes I was all done. The other half still looks forward to visiting my girls 3 times a day. It is a game of dodge the bud rot right now. Who is going to win it? Hasn't stopped raining since last evening. So far, so good in the garden. My big widow and the remaining Mean Green are the closest I have to pink and purple this year. I will likely get more this week. Going into the 30s again at night. My poor babies, lol. Bring your trimming scissors up and give me a hand, now that you have nothing to do, okay?

chris1974 said:
tcbud... those buds belong on the cover of a magazine moman :D
beautiful work:holysheep: I wanna smoke report for sure, im drooling :)

:yeahthat:

3.gif

tcbud said:
Remember, I am a Pot Snob......spoilt too....
and after last year.....
I really dont like purple pot to smoke, the kind that tastes purple is what I mean. Not the kind that has purpled due to the cold.

I was looking for a "two hit wonder" and got a "one hit, OMG what is two gonna feel like"...instead....and two is devastating! That pretty much covers it Painter.

Will post up a smoke report on all my strains as soon as I get the cure of a month on them.

tc.....the marijuana gods love you....I have no idea what a one hit wonder would feel like, but I dream about it....perhaps some day with your help

:holysheep: girl your pics and buds get better and better ,,,:heart:

Latest posts

Back