Goldilocks Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Story of the POT of GOLD.

Last winter, when this humble journal began...
I went to the Resource Center in Arcata California. This is the place I believe developed the strain Trainwreck (a famous Humbolt County Hybrid). I got two Pot of Gold clones and a couple more as in the beginning of the journal. Those two plants made it to maturity and were harvested early spring. They were taken a lot more Amber than the ones yesterday. I loved the smoke so much, when I heard from my "clone guy" that he had the POG, I bought three along with the rest of the strains I am growing (not the blueberry or Flo, they were from seed). These little plants have signs of "slight revedge", not near like the Afgoo. I have been amazed at how big the buds have gotten. They would rival the last Afgoo we took in weight of buds but not size.
So, I must say here, these POG are NOT from the Resource Center as the ones at the beginning fo the thread. I am taking the "clone guys" word for it, that they are POG. I am happy tho, what ever they are. I do KNOW that the GDP is the same as the GDP I grew last year, as it smokes the same as last years. The NorthernLights looks like the NorthernLights I grew two years ago.
I am happy with this POG I grew. I kipped a bud a few weeks ago, and am/was happy then, it can only be better now.

Congrats on the chop. I am jealous of you having helpers. No fair, lol.

They came up, then went. Was kinda nice.

Snacks Pink snow balls ! I want a box of those as well ! Congrats tc i hope you enjoy your harvest ! Pace and stay safe !

TC, sorry to jack your thread, but pp, that avatar of yours is my new fave one here. LMFAO

wow, that POG looks very similar to how i remember it, although the stuff i had was a lot denser, probably grown indoor. no worries though, i have no doubt that yours will be just as enjoyable.

anyways, that is a downside that you got clones, i was hoping i could find the seeds online without endless searching. oh well, i will start that quest now. thanks for the bud pr0n though!!!!

funny story about the leaf cutters....but did they get medical insurance?

beautiful TC
im sure theres another bpotm in that box of pink budz,,;) :peace:

:48:

I got a question for outdoor growers.....
Some of my plants did get a bit wet yesterday. I shook them off as best I could. We got showers all day today, on and off. I cant uncover them. The temps have risen some. The wind has died down. Here is the question, should I raise the sides of the cages tarps, to get some air flow? AND, will the semi-dark hurt the girls for a couple days? They have got to finish with some amber, I was planning to take the Northern Lights on Tuesday, reguardless (wishing for amber will not always make it so), and the Blueberry the next Tuesday. It is gonna start getting lots colder out there, the BB seems to be plumping up and putting on more at the tops.

Thanks for the input.

Howdy TC! Can you get a big fan in there with an extension cord? All you need is moving air. Doesn't matter how you get it. Is raising the tarp easy? Not sure if the dark will hurt them. Never tried it.
I took your advice and admitted defeat to the pm. Both ppp and mg are now hanging and the stalks decorate one of my burn piles. Feels great, actually. Some things aren't worth the stress they bring. Now I need to extend my clothesline. It is jam packed. Guess what I am doing tonight? snip, snip, snip

Oh, Benny! That's just the advice I was going to give her. Happy snipping tonight!

TC, If you have an extension cord, (industrial is best) attach a fan and a small incandescent light if you can--and wrap the connection with duct or electrical tape in case of rain. If you can only do one, do the fan to keep the air moving.

In the winter here, I have a small covered unit I use for my delicate plants that I can't bring inside--they are just too big. But they would die if they got frost, so I just bring in a little light, take off the shade, let that 60 watt lamp give some heat, and let the fan oscillate and push around that nice temperate air. It's a BIT of a hassle, but for all the work you have done, it might be worth it to be safe. You sure don't want to lose any of that outstanding bud at this point in the game.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

ps. You really don't need a big fan. A small, bedside oscillating fan works just fine. All you need to do is move the air a little bit. It will work! The one I use outside is a 10" fan--really tiny, but it moves that air just fine.
Deb

Thank you Benny and Mojave.

Went into the cage yesterday, the bud was all dried out. We are only talking about ten buds or so, that were up next an opening in the tarps. The sun will be comming out today and rain is not in forcast, so.....I will be raising the roof all by myself...that should be interesting. Another interesting bit of news is, last three nights the outside temps have not fallen below 50f, that is very odd for this time of year in the mountains. I have not fired up the kerosene heater or had the man fire up the stove. I want a nice cool downstairs for slow dry on the buds.:D Wearing long johns when needed.;) And parabolic heater in evenings.

Below is for Mojave and UKgirl. I got some new dishes and want to show Mojave (the color is a lot darker without the flash). The agates are to show UKgirl what agates are. I pick those up on the beach during the winter after storms over on the coast. The Agates are in the bank/above the sand, there along the beach, as the ocean wears the bank away, the rocks roll around in the surf till they are polished up and loose the chalky outside. Some still have the white chalky outside still on them.

Painter, love the lips......good one!

agates.JPG

are your hands cramping yet? still? or you have got over the pain and just keep snipping on?:bolt::bong2:

No cramping Duck....gonna trim buds off the stems from some of the POG on the screens today, and some that is hanging will be heading for the screen. I am gonna try the StoneyBud method of finishing with the GDP. Guess I should get to gettin that done and get off here pretty soon.

I am mostly still playing waiting game on the BB, NL and Flo. I had a bit of the NL get wet, but it seems to be dried out pretty good. The girls are going on the third day in the covered cage, and I am hoping the sun comes out enough to warent putting up the wall to let in some light.

Good mornin' TC! We are in the same weather pattern. Going to be 65 -70 for 3 days then we get dumped on big time. Gotta luv the fall NW weather, lol.

It took me 3 attempts but I got here Tc.

Pic opened as it should.

I used to be a stone setter and often used Agate, it is interesting to see them in its natural form, very interesting :)

:peace:

TC....what is the GDP method of finishing?

NOTE: had to join the Red Lips Club, ya all get me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited, thought I'd turn myself on....wifey thought it was 'cute'

Latest posts

Back