Good For Hydro Nutes Or Not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jericho

Reaction score
i was reading on another site and a couple of the members said that they used miracle grow all purpose for hydro grows.

Wanted to check with all you guys who i have come to trust. Is this possible if the does is lowered to suit hydro?

If its a stupid question please excuse me as nutes are non existent were i live.

No I would not use it... Miracle Grow All Purpose will not work for hydro :aok:

At least the one time I tried it many moons ago, it ended up in failure:aok:

Dyna-Gro is geared towards hydro and is at the same price point as MG and 100% complete.

Easily found on ebay in 8oz up to 55 gallon drums:holysheep:

I use it in a soiless mix, but it is good stuff for cheap and easy to use.

Google Dyna-Gro and check it out.

I have never heard of good things with MG in hydro, but have used it in soil.

DD

Cheers DD, will see if i can get that over here. My problem is getting things sent were i am. nutes are heavy. postage is expencive,

Jericho said:
Cheers DD, will see if i can get that over here. My problem is getting things sent were i am. nutes are heavy. postage is expencive,
Hey Jericho here's just one recipe for home made nutes, save the postage:
How to Make Homemade Nutrients for Hydroponics

Creating your own hydroponic nutrient mix is a cost effective way to ensure the health of your hydroponic plants. It also gives you more control over the pH of the water solution. You will need two mixes to ensure that all macro and micro nutrients are present.

Measure the ingredients for macro-nutrient formula using an electric metric kitchen scale. Use individual containers for each ingredient. Place an empty container on the scale and press the tare or zero button. This will prevent you from having to subtract the weight of the container from the weight of the product. Mix the following ingredients in an airtight container and store in a cool dry place: 225g saltpeter (potassium nitrate), 198g plaster of Paris (calcium sulfate), 170g Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate), 43g ammonium sulfate and 5g iron sulfate.

Use a teaspoon to measure the individual ingredients for the micro-nutrient formula. Mix the following ingredients into an airtight container: 1 tsp. manganese sulfate, 1 tsp. boric acid powder, ½ tsp. zinc sulfate and ½ tsp. copper sulfate. Store in a cool, dry place.

Measure 1 tsp. of the macro-nutrient mix for every gallon of water in your hydroponic grow system. Measure ½ tsp. of micro-nutrient mix to 1 qt. of water and mix well. Add 1 liquid oz. of this solution to every 3 gallons of liquid macro-nutrients. Add nutrient mixes every two weeks to your hydroponic grow system, and when you change the water in the system.

Things You'll Need:
Saltpeter
Plaster of Paris
Epsom salt
Monocalcium phosphate
Ammonium sulfate
Powdered boric acid
Manganese sulfate
Zinc sulfate
Copper sulfate
Electric metric kitchen scale
Teaspoon
2 airtight containers

Jericho said:

I guess you aren't in CONUS?:D

I do know that Dyna-Gro is sold in England if that's any closer?

If it's like Fiji then ....:confused: :confused:

DD

Latest posts

Back