got some plants in the sun and unsure what nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullcandy

Reaction score
work great out in the sun I am using up some ff grow big that I had left over am close to finishing it up and not sure if the ff would be best to continiue with and since I have no experience with out door grows and nutrience I am couriouse as to what others recommend for it .

Are you growing in the ground or in independant pots that are just outside? If in pots then I would use the same nutes as for inside grows. If you are in the ground and you didn't ammend the soil around the plant in any way then you will need to get MJ nutes and feed it just as you would an inside grow because if you didn't prepare the soil outside before setting the plant then you can't depend on the ground soil having any of the proper nutes for MJ. Just my opinion.

they are in the ground i best start looking up nutes to see what i can use in my not so good soil

I say because they're in the ground you need to think organic, I grow outdoors but, in pots and I'm having good results with Earth Juice and other things like EWC, EM and occasionally compost. You're feeding directly into the water table, don't shirk your responsibilities.

For my outdoors.....Alaska fish emulsion during veg and vf-ll & happy frog high P bat guano first half of flower...second half water only..roughly last month of growth.....nature takes care of the rest....

skullcandy said:
work great out in the sun I am using up some ff grow big that I had left over am close to finishing it up and not sure if the ff would be best to continiue with and since I have no experience with out door grows and nutrience I am couriouse as to what others recommend for it .

had 3 od grows.. dug 20 in. w. by 24 in. deep holes. mix 48% existing soil w/ 48% potting soil(i like miracle gro,moisture control,w/ added food inc.-BIG BLUE BAG,$12.99).. for suppliments i add 1 cup of pulverized lime,1 cup earthworm castings,1-2 oz. epsom salt, 1-2 oz. epsoma org. dried blood. and the list can go on....
anyway if you get them in early enough and if you have a spot w/ FULL DIRECT SUNLIGHT, i got 8-12 footers each year. they avg 1.5 in. vertical growth each day. 45 in. per month. even w/ topping, pinching or fimming, they grow like crazy w/ direct sunlight. I ENVY YOU and so much miss my outdoor grows. so easy!! watering rings are a BIG HELP if have not discovered yet. :) i forgot. i use just nitrogen for veg. and at flower switch to, calmag, bigbloom, liquified seaweed, and carboload. thats it. EASY PEEZY. MONSTERS EVERY YEAR !! soo jealous. good luck, you won't need it though :icon_smile:

i choose to go with the grow big, cal/mag for bloom I am going with the tigar bloom from fox farm I used the potting soil that has no nutes in it uni-earth I think it was called do you think I should feed with the grow big every time I water being the soil I used has no nutes in it

skullcandy said:
i choose to go with the grow big, cal/mag for bloom I am going with the tigar bloom from fox farm I used the potting soil that has no nutes in it uni-earth I think it was called do you think I should feed with the grow big every time I water being the soil I used has no nutes in it

not in my opinion. a friend did that last year, fed w/ big bloom every 3 days w/ no water in between and lost half his plants. although he had feed at max. suggested on bottle. what did you use for soils ??? :)

Skullcandy,

Did you not amend your soil before planting them in the dirt?

Rosebud said:
Skullcandy,

Did you not amend your soil before planting them in the dirt?

no I dug a big hole the back filled it with potting soil pack it a bit the put the plant in about five inches above the ground then used dirt to make a ring around the plant with soil in between the plant and the ring .

Newbietoo said:
not in my opinion. a friend did that last year, fed w/ big bloom every 3 days w/ no water in between and lost half his plants. although he had feed at max. suggested on bottle. what did you use for soils ??? :)

I water most everyday I skip a day or two once a week I use nutes every other water . since the soil has none

skullcandy said:
I water most everyday I skip a day or two once a week I use nutes every other water . since the soil has none

sounds very similar to what i have done the past 3 years :icon_smile:

skullcandy said:

how much vertical growth are you avg. per day???

are you pinching or fimming every month or so??;)

I am not sure I was not smart enough to measure them to see what was going on with them , I did fin them twice one plant has three colas the other what looked like six, five for sure one is leaning out sideways so it might not be a cola just a branch out to the side

Latest posts

Back