Gotta Love The Woods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the original owner of those plants would much rather someone sample a little bud then report the plants and cut them down. But that's just me.

i maybe mistaken.. but i thought he said either in pm or chat that it was his land.. maybe im thinking off a different convo.. either way.. its not stealing.. inless its the persons property that is growing the weed.. then and it stealing.. if i leave a motorbike in the middle of the woods... i dont expect it to be back there when i come back..... if i leave it beside my shed.. then yes i would hope it would still be there..

hmm motorbike eeeh? well according to ur logic, if u leave something sumwhere other than ur own property, people can stake a claim to it? like say i parked my motorbike on my friends property and went to the store and he came home, is the motorbike his? nah dude, its licensed to u. the owner of the property can get ur vehicle towed, but ud still b able to get it back. or if it was stolen, u call the police and they try to help u locate it and get it back. thats y theres insurance too. the motorbike was a bad example. marijuana is illegal. so u have to go by a diff set of standards. it wasnt on KH's property, and the person cant report a missing plant...so u just have to b an upstanding cultivator/stoner and just leave it b, no matter how tempting.

the number 1 rule IMO is secrecy. only 1 person should kno bout ur grow, and thats u. imagine the person comming back and noticing that sum1 has found/been messing with his/her plants and they dont kno who it is. they dont know that it was just kingkahuuna from HG420 and that hes a cool dude and means no harm at all. hell they can prolly learn a thing or two from him haha, BUT theyre either gonna move their grows or chop it. thats the normal reaction, to be safe. think of all the paranoid thoughts going through their mind then. would u want to put sum1 through that panic/process?

its not that big of a deal tho hehe time to light a bowl

SmokinMom said:
I think the original owner of those plants would much rather someone sample a little bud then report the plants and cut them down. But that's just me.

tru, but ur making us choose the lesser of two evils. maybe the original owner doesnt want anyone sampling his/her bud, cutting them down, or reporting him/her. maybe the person would much rather the plot b left alone.

people guerilla grow for 2 main reasons:
1. mj is illegal in most places and so is growing w/o a med card. thats y their plants are not in their own properties
2. to hide the plants from view of LEO and people who mite endanger the grow

so just because u stumbled upon sum1s plot doesnt automatically give u the right to a "finders fee"...thats y people sometimes go lengths to protect their grow, even if it means harming the intruder. becuz of dishonest people. u guys r all fellow mj cultivators, u shouldnt have to sample sum1s buds cuz u found their stash. u got ur own at home and ur capable of doin wat that person is doin, so dont b 1 of the bad people. its hard enuff us stoners/cultivators have to worry bout crooks and leo, we shouldnt have to worry about fellow stoners or cultivators too.

I myself would do the note thing, out here in the woods where i live, it's all a hunting territory, you have to pay like 2500 to even get in, but i walk on in, no one seems to even notice or care. i walk along and i have found quite a few peoples plants. There was one guy that was there when i came along. i never take anything or even touch them, i look at most. I don't see anything wrong with leaving a note and asking him, but i wouldn't just up and take some, i'd be upset if someone did that to mine, if they asked i'd prolly be willing to give them 10% if they did like tend to my plants or it was their land, or hell...if i thought they'd take it all if i didn't give them 10% lol. I just dont' mess with other peoples cause i grow my own, and there's no pride in smoking someone elses bud, but i fi smoke mine i can enjoy it to the fullest extent lol.

Dewayne said:
I myself would do the note thing, out here in the woods where i live, it's all a hunting territory, you have to pay like 2500 to even get in, but i walk on in, no one seems to even notice or care. i walk along and i have found quite a few peoples plants. There was one guy that was there when i came along. i never take anything or even touch them, i look at most. I don't see anything wrong with leaving a note and asking him, but i wouldn't just up and take some, i'd be upset if someone did that to mine, if they asked i'd prolly be willing to give them 10% if they did like tend to my plants or it was their land, or hell...if i thought they'd take it all if i didn't give them 10% lol. I just dont' mess with other peoples cause i grow my own, and there's no pride in smoking someone elses bud, but i fi smoke mine i can enjoy it to the fullest extent lol.

thank you.

I don't believe it for 1 second. MAYBE 2% of people might leave his plants. And I doubt its even that high. I am a Guerilla grower. I RECOGNIZE that at EVERY grow. You always have the possibility of being robbed by a fellow grower. If he finds your patch, you are going to get robbed. If you find his, he's going to get robbed. RBB has a GREAT point. The only time it is stealing is if it was on your property. That's wrong to do. If it is out in a random woods or on your property then take it. If for no other reason than to teach them a lesson as to not grow in such obvious spots.

Nah lol, i don't take peoples plants, i don't even touch them like i've said. Sometimes out here looking at them is risky. I do know for fact there are about 8 people within the 2 miles of country that my road covers that grow marijuana (older church people too) but they take turns doing watch. I know where they grow, and i'll never go out there, not even at harvest time to pinch me off some. Messing with someone's plants can easily get you shot, especially out here.

and just out of karma, i don't take other peoples plants, do as others as you want done to you. And i know most people out here wouldn't touch my crops. I know someone has wlaked up on it, i'm very observant and i've seen someone's foot prints going to my crops. i've moved them since then but they have and they wouldn't rob them.

you gotta think of it this way:

Someone has crops, you walk up on it, you take their crops. well that makes that person mad, so if they find plants they'll take them just for that reason, then that person from then on will take plants, and it'll go in a circle till it gets back to you. Karma is not just myth, it's logic as i just explained. No one out here takes plants, therefor no one out here loses their plants! =)

Like said before, the note idea is a great idea, if you ask the owner will most likely be more than happy to give you 10%. also if you see the males about to release pollin, just pull the males and leave them in front of the crops by the note and let them know what you did, they'll prolly be thankful ;)

When you look in the mirror at yourself, you are the one that will be looking at the person you are.

You can disguise or try to justify stealing by saying everyone else would also do it, but it just means that you *also* are a thief.

I prefer to feel good about myself. To take someone else's plants is stealing. There is no other way to look at it.

So, if you're comfortable with knowing yourself to be a thief, then steal. Just don't expect others to think well of you.

Keep this in mind as well. Each year, many people are killed stealing others plants. Is it worth it to you to become dead over a little bit of someone else's stuff? Is being a thief that important to you?

No one would have been killed had they seen the other person watching them. Keep that in mind also. While you're being a thief, the real owner may be watching you with something very painful in mind.

exactly! i'm with stoney like i said earlier, i wouldn't do it, and i come across plants all the time, my life is worth more than a bullet and a few plants. I have more pride smoking my own green rather than stealing someones and then smoking it.

You guys can do it if you want, i'll stick to tending to my plants and walking past the other plants i happen to notice.

thank you stoney and dewayne. there is no finders fee. thats just wrong. the only time that i know i would do it, is if i knew exactly whos crops it was, and that person had done me filthy at a time b4 i found his crops. then i say revenge is a *****. otherwise, i do not touch.

i know of 3 people who guerilla grow, and 1 of them has set up a couple of bear traps around the perimeter. the other 2 have a plot together but dont do such things, but they know to look for signs of an intruder wenever they go to their site. o ya, and they both go to their plot from 2 different directions, to be safe.

I don't believe that taking plants that are out in the wild is stealing. Call me a theif if you want, I don't care. I'd love to go to this place where you guys live where everything is happy and everyone grows and no one bothers each others crop. Sounds like a real nice place. I'd go there and grow and show off my beautiful plants to everyone. But, thats not how the real world is. Atleast not here. Theres only one person that knows where my plants are and I'm the only one who knows where his plants are. That is because we are partners. No one around even trusts their own friends or family to see their plants. I guess we are all lowdown despicable thiefs. Words don't hurt me, stoney. You are from a different time, my friend.
'

No, he's not from a different time. He has a different personality. The right one. Just cause other people are thieves in your area doesn't mean you have to be one too!...it just makes you a bad person in that perspective.

For the record, I have never taken anything from anyone. Anything from anyones home or anything that belonged to another individual. I have never shoplifted either. I have never taken anyones plants that I have found either. Because, I haven't found any. I don't consider that to be stealing. People around here take care of their crop, so they don't get found.

TheStickyIcky said:
I'd love to go to this place where you guys live where everything is happy and everyone grows and no one bothers each others crop. Sounds like a real nice place.

please show me where sum1 actually said that. i bet u cannot. what i DO see is how we're speaking for ourselves, and not our entire area or other people.

TheStickyIcky said:
No one around even trusts their own friends or family to see their plants.

i wonder y? with this supposed "finders fee" i wouldnt trust my family too neither haha

Dewayne said:
No, he's not from a different time. He has a different personality.

A person that is 50 years older than me isn't from a different time? Yeah, he is. Things are a lot different now, than they were 20 years ago. Much less 50 years ago.

How could you call people who find and take others crops thieves, but not say anything about the idiots protecting them? I would NEVER put out traps around my plants or shoot at anyone trying to steal them. That is rediculous. There is no way I would want to injure another human being over a couple plants. Those are the real low lives.

Code:
TheStickyIcky said:
For the record, I have never taken anything from anyone. Anything from anyones home or anything that belonged to another individual. I have never shoplifted either. I have never taken anyones plants that I have found either. Because, I haven't found any. I don't consider that to be stealing. People around here take care of their crop, so they don't get found.

im glad uve never taken ne1s crops hehe. but for the record, i hope that if/when u do, u b careful. i truly wouldnt want u go and take a piece with u only to have the owner hidden nearby with a weapon trying to take a piece of u with him

azntigerdude said:
please show me where sum1 actually said that. i bet u cannot. what i DO see is how we're speaking for ourselves, and not our entire area or other people.

i wonder y? with this supposed "finders fee" i wouldnt trust my family too neither haha

Look just a few posts above. Dwayne knows where all kind of church people have their plants and he has found other plots as well in the woods. They all know where each others crop is and they never touch each others plants. Sounds mystically and imaginary to me.

You can't trust anyone. My partner showed some females to ONLY his best friends last year. They were gorgeous and about a week or so from harvest. They would have produced a solid pound dried, easily. Someone got him. It had to be one of his friends. No one could have stumbled upon them. They were 20 ft or less from his bedroom window. That's why we don't show anyone our plants.

TheStickyIcky said:
How could you call people who find and take others crops thieves, but not say anything about the idiots protecting them? I would NEVER put out traps around my plants or shoot at anyone trying to steal them. That is rediculous. There is no way I would want to injure another human being over a couple plants. Those are the real low lives.

they dont do it for fun. they do it to protect what is theirs. they put months of work, care, and god knows what else into these plants. u do not know the trouble they might have gone through. maybe they had gotten robbed of their whole crop a couple times earlier, and have had enough. u just never know. u dont fall into their wrath if u dont have itchy fingers. simple.

is it rediculous to go to jail for shoplifting say, a 50 dollar piece of clothing from a store? yea, sure is. but ud go to jail anyway. there are laws protecting stores and stuff. there are no laws to protect your plants. u have to do it if forced to.

its stealing if u know its sum1 elses plants, yet u STILL take it without permission. it is stealing either way. no matter how u disguise it, or if u say others would do it. others rob banks and kill people for fun. theyre burglars and murders. would u go around killing people just because there are some out there that would do it to u? those r the scum. u do not want to sink to their level sticky.

Stoney Bud said:
When you look in the mirror at yourself, you are the one that will be looking at the person you are.

You can disguise or try to justify stealing by saying everyone else would also do it, but it just means that you *also* are a thief.

I prefer to feel good about myself. To take someone else's plants is stealing. There is no other way to look at it.

So, if you're comfortable with knowing yourself to be a thief, then steal. Just don't expect others to think well of you.

Keep this in mind as well. Each year, many people are killed stealing others plants. Is it worth it to you to become dead over a little bit of someone else's stuff? Is being a thief that important to you?

No one would have been killed had they seen the other person watching them. Keep that in mind also. While you're being a thief, the real owner may be watching you with something very painful in mind.

im with you guys on this, i wont be interested in someone growing skunk they stole off a fellow grower. i mean if i had my plants stolen it would be my bad for not hiding them enough, but fellow growers shouldnt be stealing each others plants, its like 1 of them unwritten rules isnt it.

Latest posts

Back