"Grow #2: Bubba Kush, GDP, Romulan, Super Grape Ape & Purple Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
usually starts w/ leaves looking like N def, sometimes, but then chlorosis will usually start to show on inner leaf progressing through out rest of leaf. in extreme cases leaf will contort & twist real crazy. this is from my experience. most times though you will have multiple def's so can be tricky to diagnos properly. i know i have hell of atime trying to pinpoint def's sometimes.

word doc. yeah, i think it'll take a few runs for me to start feelin confident enough with this plant before i can make an accurate diagnosis. thank god for this website...

veg box is in effect. i picked up 2 purple kush clones, and 2 blue dream. i really like blue dream, it's a sativa dominant apparently, but i've never really got a sativa effect off it. we'll see how she turns out...
i'll start a grow journal for them when i put them into flower.

happy growing everyone....

P3060001.JPG

everything seems to be coming along smoothly in the flower room.. about half way through week 6. the purple kush and grandaddy look exactly the same... exactly. they smell sweet and fruity, so needless to say im smiling about that.. the bubba doesn't smell much at all.
first pic is a purple kush branch, and the second is a close up of that same PK bud(kinda blurry:eek: ). third pic is of the romulan:hubba:
peace

P3060001.JPG

P3060009.JPG

P3060004.JPG

The trichs are hard at work putting up their own little building projects, future institutions of education, the sciences, playgrounds, for you to smoke later.

Great stuff man I was wondering out of all the strains, what strains are flowering the best the grape ape looks awesome, I think Imma pick sone up for my next grow.

congrats chuck... things have come a long way from the first setup you were running with. I really like the new veg box, and hope that it treats you well in the future!

jam - thanks man! the cutting i have is actually called "super grape ape" i dont know why it has the 'super'. but if you come across a clone with the 'super' in front - buy it!!

lord lama! i was wondering if you would check in to see how the girls are doing. thanks a lot for helping the kid out early on - you really helped make it happen! take it easy man.

chuckdee123 said:
everything seems to be coming along smoothly in the flower room.. about half way through week 6. the purple kush and grandaddy look exactly the same... exactly. they smell sweet and fruity, so needless to say im smiling about that.. the bubba doesn't smell much at all.
first pic is a purple kush branch, and the second is a close up of that same PK bud(kinda blurry:eek: ). third pic is of the romulan:hubba:
peace

When I grew the HS PK and GDP, it was almost impossible to tell them apart. The finished product look/smell was also similar, but there is a distinct difference...

Looking fantastic Chuck! Man, you growin' the hell outta them weeds bro:D

thanks big chefski!

yeah nv it's crazy, they could be twins. we'll see what the trimmed bud looks like though. i bet we had the same cutting..
thanks dude:D

:ccc:

chuckdee123 said:
lord lama! i was wondering if you would check in to see how the girls are doing. thanks a lot for helping the kid out early on - you really helped make it happen! take it easy man.

Well I'm just glad your hard work is payin off for ya, and I surely couldn't miss out on seeing your girls grow to maturity. What kind of uncle would I be if I did that. lol ;)

:rofl: yeah man, they sure love their uncle. they would be much less beautiful without his help!

anybody know whats up with this young blue dream? when i got it home from the club, i noticed the very slight browning on the leaf tips, but now its actually noticeable and does not look great.... the other blue dream looks okay, not fantastic, but both purp kushs are very happy ladies.

they've only had water so far... gonna come in with cal mag on their next feeding.

thanks

P3100005.JPG

:bump:
what does she want from me??
also - any advise on cooling the temps in the veg box? i have two 9 inch house fans now, with the 50cfm fan pulling air out. no matter how many fans i add it's been at 78-83.... :confused:

Hey chukles. Looks like your lady is a bit, just a bit overwatered( the leaves that are starting to turn into a claw). Also when you cal-mag start of slow. Did they already give it a feeding? Almost looks like stright up nute burn. Maybe check the seals on your box. more airtight will utilise your exaust fans.

hey chef, thanks for the response. theyve been in soil for 5 days now and i have only given them phed water once. no nutes yet, i thought it might wanting nutes. the brown was on the very tip when i bought it, and it's just been spread back eating the leaf.
heres a pic of the other blue dream clone. it had no browning when i bought it, but it was pretty droopy. then theres one of a purple kush.

take it easy

P3100006.JPG

P3100007.JPG

Start them off light on the feedings and see where ya are at. I usually burn up a few leaves at the start with my clones. How'd the roots look?

Hi Chuck...

NICE flower girlz going on there...:) I think the Blue Dream came over-fertilized courtesy of the new dude at the dispensary.:rolleyes: When lil plants are over fertilized it just slows em down til they work their way thru it. Just keep giving them water and watch for burn on the new emerging grow tips. I think you might have to up the cfm rating of your fan to cool things down another 5 degrees in your veg coffin...:hubba: See if you can find a 200 cfm fan and maybe a Speedster fan motor speed controller for $22 becuz if you have too much air movement you can always dial it down with a controller so overkill wouldn't be a bad thing.

Rock ON!:cool:

thanks dos and chef.

but im afraid ive got bigger problems on my hands now - the romulan is infested with what i think is powder mold.
check the first picture. thats the romulan - see the powder on the leaves?
it's all over the romulan. basically all bud sites look like that pic as far as the mold.

the second pic is the bubba. this is the only spot i could find it on the bubba. and it was on a leaf that was touching on the rom - they're next to each other.

the purple kush, grandaddy and super ga have none.

should i try to treat the romulan? should i kill it? its week 7. i'm considering just chopping it early to try and save infesting the others...

is this powder mold??

P3110010.JPG

P3110009.JPG

Yup bro, that's whatcha got. It's too close to harvest to go down without a fight now...

There are a few things you can do. You might have to look on another site though... (The search function on mp seems to be wacked out of it's mind right now)

What kind of budget are you working with? There are some simple and cheap things that can be done, but do them fast!! You want this stuff pretty much gone and dormant before you harvest. Even if you harvest early it will still be there, so put that out of your mind... You got a few weeks to get that under control and harvest when it's best for you man.

1 part skim milk mixed with 9 parts water and applied via spray to all parts of the plant might get you through (I have never tried this recipe, but everyone says it works pretty good) Spray it on every 4-7 days. I would just go every four this late in flower

I use DM products (even late in flower) And it does pretty well.

What is your exhaust set up in detail? And what are you using for air circ?

Lets's get this done Chuck. It's a beauty grow. You've done well and for that deserve better than killing it or chopping too early!:cool:

Latest posts

Back