Grow bags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning all! I was wondering if anybody uses non woven grow bags for their seedlings. And do you remove the bags for transplanting?
Thank you.

This is an old thread my friend.
I grow in Fabric pots as do many ppl on here.

1665682226228.png

i have never used them. I like plastic. I have heard they dry out quicker and are hard to clean.
I rinse my used bags in hot soapy water in bucket wash out well and into washer machine
Come out pretty clean. I then soak them and rinse them a few times in clean water to make sure no soap residue is left over in them

They dry out a little faster but i like that. Just means more oxygen is being pulled in and my roots are being air pruned. My plants love them. As for as cleaning,,they clean pretty easy to me. I mean they will never look shinny like plastic but they dont need to. I clean mine and spray them down with Alcohol. Easy Peasy.
My pepper plants have never been so big. My lemons love them too. I had no problems with watering with my girls.
But to each his own.

I rinse my used bags in hot soapy water in bucket wash out well and into washer machine
Come out pretty clean. I then soak them and rinse them a few times in clean water to make sure no soap residue is left over in them
I reread this , they are not Trojans they are grow bags just to be clear

I do like the fact that they breathe better. But I need to retain moisture the best I can. My plants will suck a 5 gal pot dry in 3 days.
Even faster
I do like the fact that they breathe better. But I need to retain moisture the best I can. My plants will suck a 5 gal pot dry in 3 days.
I made the mistake of trying the 3 gallon ones
Watered almost daily

I go by what size oif plant im dealing with as to what size Pot to use. My Peppers plants are in 7 Gallon Fabric Pots and they love it. I probably go through 8 gallons of water daily but i love working in my garden.

I go by what size oif plant im dealing with as to what size Pot to use. My Peppers plants are in 7 Gallon Fabric Pots and they love it. I probably go through 8 gallons of water daily but i love working in my garden.
I tried tomato in 7 gallon ones found I had to water them everyday by hand because they were in the bag
In the ground my sprinkler system waters them much more evenly and they get way more water.

I keep a big trash can with PHed water. I have no problem watering everyday if needed. I enjoy it.
I only use small plastic pots for seedlings.

Latest posts

Back