Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THG knows her stuff you can't go wrong listening to her.
In my opinion 70's at your lows and 82 at the highest works best but just like everything else it depands on the strain resistance to heat or cold. whatever the breeder recommends should be your best bet.

there is many ways to adjust your enviroment.

may 65 is not too cold but imo 56 and 61 are

I was nervous with those 2 for sure Dr. The 56 and 61 cold snap days got me. That's night time (well 6am) temps, and that's with the thermometer on the side of the tent and not right under the light. I'm sure it was a good 5-10 degrees more under the light at least?

Don't be discouraged either way Dr! I love your checking in and applying content to the thread, so please do so anytime you think of saying anything. :D

EllisD said:
I was nervous with those 2 for sure Dr. The 56 and 61 cold snap days got me. That's night time (well 6am) temps, and that's with the thermometer on the side of the tent and not right under the light. I'm sure it was a good 5-10 degrees more under the light at least?

Don't be discouraged either way Dr! I love your checking in and applying content to the thread, so please do so anytime you think of saying anything. :D

luv ur attitude. You are gonna do good :icon_smile:

have a wonderful day DGF and you too THG

Im about to smoke a bowl of green crack some of the softest weed i ever grown
i just took a hit of the white widow she is so so
i prefer 100% indicas;)

I'm a biggest fan of 100% indica, hence my first grow being Pineapple Chunk hah! It's a hearty plant I've been told as well, so I'm hopeful all will grow good!!

Thanks for mentioning you enjoying my attitude Dr... I appreciate the comment and strive to be a sponge here, so I enjoy maintaining a level head! :)

Ooooo Green Crack?! My brother had some of that a couple months ago, and it sure was decent!

*Daughter just went to sleep, so I can sneak up and snag some pics right now. Hang tight, pics coming in the next 15 or so*

Nice, Vanilla Kush looks yummy... I have an order from Attitude on the way (which you probably know about reading in here) of Blue OG and a Toxic Blue freebie. Quite happy with that, and looking to setting up a veg tent asap now. For clones and seedlings alike.

*edit*
Just took the pics, resizing and posting now.

Day 13

Temps: 68°
RH: 40%

Pics are up. I tucked the dirt down a little on the one that was leaning a bit to straighten it up a little.

Thoughts? :D

GrowDay13-9.jpg

GrowDay13-8.jpg

GrowDay13-7.jpg

GrowDay13-6.jpg

GrowDay13-5.jpg

GrowDay13-4.jpg

GrowDay13-3.jpg

GrowDay13-2.jpg

GrowDay13.jpg

Temps hit 78° tonight when I went to go check on them. The temp fluctuations seem to have made the largest one wilt and bend over a bit. Here's some pics.

Would love any and all thoughts. I assume it was caused by going from 65° this morning to 78° tonight.

GrowDay13Night.jpg

GrowDay13Night-2.jpg

GrowDay13Night-3.jpg

GrowDay13Night-4.jpg

GrowDay13Night-5.jpg

78* should not wilt your plant---is that fan directly hitting the seedlings---what about fresh air---are you exchanging the air in the space---is the soil moist

I knew 78 wouldn't, but what about going 65 to 78 all in 8 hours?

Soil is moist, and I haven't over watered (I don't believe)

The fan is Oscillating on low setting, and they are barely moving visually from the breeze.. don't assume this is an issue.

As for air.. I have 2 passive "slit" vents in the bottom of my Sun Hut that do not velcro, so they are slightly open on both sides. I open the tent up for about 5-10 minutes 2-3 times a day currently when I'm checking and messing about.

Thanks for a speedy reply.. would love any and all thoughts!!

my guess is the oscillating fan blew it over---if it were mine---i would compact the soil a bit more and push soil up against the stem to help support it---kinda like upside down cone shape---don't believe the temp change is extreme enough to do it either

I actually did just that.. it was leaning a bit more than in the pic the first time. that's after the fixed soil. :(

Hoping it will be ok by morning.. less you think I should go up again and sort something out? I thought of something in it and tie to it, but I thought that sticking anything near your root system (tooth pic etc) was bad news generally, ya?

I have used a crutch for seedling before not to worry about damage as the taproot goes straight down

I think it should be ok on it's own just add a bit of soil around it and only if you need it you can tight it to a stick. u should be fine unless you see it hitting the floor or moving toomuch from fan.... I think in a day or two once it gets a lil thicker it will hold its own weigth ... n I think your 78 temps are fine no problem as long as you don;t get into the 90's or 100's so.... I like my temps in the 70's

Yeah, thanks Dr. I do understand 78° is absolutely fine, just didn't know about from 65 to 78 all in a matter of less than a day, lol. Will be checking them now that I'm awake in a few moments. Updates coming soon.

Ok, just went up... temps are 66° and RH is at 39%
The plant looked a bit better in the leaves for SURE but the stalk looked just as angled.

Like mentioned before, I have no way of obtaining my money back from the CO2 Boost Bucket I purchased a month back, and I don't feel like selling it on eBay for $75 and taking a loss.. I'd rather just run it this run. SOME CO2 ... controlled or not, has GOT to be a liiiiiittle bit beneficial, than NO CO2. It just has to be. I mean... if air has 300-500 PPM of CO2 in it.. and my bucket throws out 1,000, then it must help a little. I put the hose behind the OSC fan, so surely it's only going to help so much, but hey... throw a homeless person a Cheeseburger from McDonalds everyday, and I'm sure it helps him. Surely McDonalds is generally a frowned on food source for humans yes? Same idea with this bucket. Sure they can live with their 300-500ppms and do decently well, but give them that little boost and surely they will be a tad happier. :)

Anyways.. there's my rant on the bucket, and hey, I figured why not... ya got one a bit sad anyways, may as well pop this bucket and give them some extra CO2. They say odorless, but that's a little bit wrong haha :) Smells a tad like rotten mushrooms in my tent this morning, but nothing horrible. I'm sure when the plants start smelling, I will never notice. Speaking of which, I put my nose to one of the Pineapple Chunks last night for giggles, and it actually SMELLS already! hahaha

So ok, there's my morning update. I'll have one tonight surely. Cheers all, and good morning. :)

*EDIT*
Random thought; I can understand how people have a tendency to feed early from seed. Everything in my being is telling me to clean my res out, and start the half strength nutes today.

To much stretch. Need to use a light that can be kept closer to yur seedling while shes small. T5s are great,,hell a CFL would be better then nothing. put more dirt around the stem,,it wont hurt it. Keep air moving her gently to build up stem size. HPS puts out alot of heat for small seedlings and is hard to get close enough to stop stretch.

:yeahthat: Fill your cups all the way with dirt,to the rim.Get them closer to a light and keep asking questions,the fun is just starting.I think you should look into flouros to use at this stage.Just a single t5 would work at this stage and be a lot more gentle on those babies than the HPS.JMO.

Latest posts

Back