Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you post the link to the video that gave you your inspiration for this set-up? I'd like to watch it, as I have some real questions as to exactly how this is supposed to work. I'm just not understanding it.

Yes growdude, that is the exact series.

I'm up for suggestions all.. please, by all means, consider what I have purchased, and suggest stuff.

Why did it take you guys 19 pages to tell me I shouldn't flood and drain a soil setup? I've been 100% open with you guys since page 1.... I'm extremely confused you understand?

Because I did not go back and read all the pages:D

He is using rock wool.. first five minutes lol. But ya u can floor and drain soil but u need half the pot to be something that allows for seepage and drainage.

Either way keep figuring out :D

Just checked the tent this morning. I believe everything is looking alright, I don't know.

I transplanted the 5 small ones last night into their larger pots, and fed the 4 large ones 800 PPM's of nutes...making sure to mix Micro first.

The plants are getting realllly thick and bushy.. most leaves look good, just looks like the plants are getting a little wild lol.

I'm trying to decide and figure out when I should be throwing the tent into flowering. I'm surely going to be getting a veg tent in the next week or 2.

EllisD said:
I'm trying to decide and figure out when I should be throwing the tent into flowering. I'm surely going to be getting a veg tent in the next week or 2.

They get 2-3 times taller and bushier so thats what you have to worry about.
At some point you may want to remove lower/smaller branches.

Everything looks great today! Yellow Cotyledons for days on the little guys, so I fed them 300 ppms of nutes this morning.

Great temps, great days.. keeping my head held high. :D

EllisD said:
Why did it take you guys 19 pages to tell me I shouldn't flood and drain a soil setup? I've been 100% open with you guys since page 1.... I'm extremely confused you understand?

I actually mentioned my concerns about the whole set up a couple of times. However, I really thought that when you went with soil you had decided to not do flood and drain. I have never heard of anyone using soil to do any kind of ebb and flow or flood and drain. I apologize if this was not made clear, but you really seemed hell-bent on doing things the way this video showed.....

don't fret---you might consider just running the soil---water by hand---let the tray act to catch the runoff---no biggie---many peeps including myself prefer herb grown in soil over hydro

Well.... that will SURELY give me a heck of a lot more height. I imagine I can salvage this setup and somehow use it in the veg tent? Or save it for a future flood n drain with hydroton or something? :)

Thanks for replying either way all. I think I was confused about using COCO vs soil.. and used soil in a coco application. I'm learning now a bit more and understanding things and seeing them differently. Thanks again all!

EllisD said:
Well.... that will SURELY give me a heck of a lot more height. I imagine I can salvage this setup and somehow use it in the veg tent? Or save it for a future flood n drain with hydroton or something? :)

Thanks for replying either way all. I think I was confused about using COCO vs soil.. and used soil in a coco application. I'm learning now a bit more and understanding things and seeing them differently. Thanks again all!

isnt learning great :D. I watched that full series the past couple of days, I like his system :p

Yeah, I've watched that video series twice, and really dig it. I also now talk to Vader on a personal basis.. kinda nifty hah.

Checked the tent this morning and everything looks great... only thing I've noticed, is a little bit of stretching on the 5 newer ones, because of the 4 larger ones being too tall.. my light is a bit high.

c-mon veg tent! I have $320 for it, and I need $450 (local store deal)

might consider bringing the 5 newer ones closer to the light so they don't stretch---prop them up on some buckets---they need a step stool of sorts

Latest posts

Back