Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting on some company to leave before doing nutes and finishing the drying cabinet. Once it's finished, pics will follow. It's not the most beautiful thing, since it's made out of OSB, but it will be effective I do believe. :D

can't wait to see your pics!

just posted up pics of phase ones completion in my journal ;)

Well, didn't get to finish the cabinet tonight, but I didn't take a couple pics. Let me edit them real quick and get them up.

I started my first day of flushing today. Did 15ml of Xnutrients Flushing solution.. going to go 2 more days with water only, then on 3rd day some more Flushing solution.. then finish up with water. Chopping Monday it looks! So excited and slightly nervous all in one! Mostly kind of sad I have to kill some plants I'm been BABYING for months. lol

Anyone ever have a hard time doing that? I know as soon as you do that and trim and dry, into the jars for cure and you find it worth it.. surely.. but do you ever feel... "bad"? lol

maybe a little bit when i just eat them lol

lol.. I can't bring my self to eat the buds by themselves or even make edibles. My body doesn't care for the feeling firstly.. and secondly, I'd much rather smoke / vape. :D

i eat trim some times some thing about weed leaves is like a salad to me and buds ya i eat those little defenseless pointless ones for fun lol

lol! :)

Yeah I'll take the little guys on the bottom, and probably just throw them into the trim, for bubblehash.

ya there is still no room to do any thing in there, need a like a 8x16 lol

woried about trying to stick 6 hydro pots in there seems tight even fir the 5

Here's my unfinished drying cabinet. It's roughly 2'x2'x4' with eight 2'x2' Screen Shelves. We have only finished 2 of the shelves so far, and still have to finish the "scrubber box" attachment at the top.

It has a door with 2 latches and some rubber foam stuff to try to "seal" it up a bit. We used some silicon to try to help seal it up a little more. There's going to be 4" flexible ducting coming into the bottom with the input being from one side of my A/C.. the top has a battery powered 5" (?) fan that is helping pull the air through and out to the scrubber box. I bought carbon fiber odor sheets for some machine.. I mean, it's a carbon filter. $9.00 for 4 sheets. I'm going to make a small box to cover the top vent holes that has four sides with holes in it, that have the carbon strips on them.

I'm wondering about a few things here, but we'll see what happens.

What are your thoughts?

This cost me $130.00 to make and has given me enjoyment in trying to create the most proper drying space I can for my space and situation. It's going to be 75°+ easily for more of the summer, so there's no way I'm hitting optimal conditions anywhere besides my room with the A/C. :D

DryingCabTall (1 of 5).jpg

DryingCabTall (2 of 5).jpg

DryingCabTall (3 of 5).jpg

DryingCabTall (5 of 5).jpg

DryingCabTall (4 of 5).jpg

DryingCabWide (1 of 3).jpg

DryingCabWide (2 of 3).jpg

DryingCabWide (3 of 3).jpg

N.E.wguy said:
ya there is still no room to do any thing in there, need a like a 8x16 lol

woried about trying to stick 6 hydro pots in there seems tight even fir the 5

I ran 5 in one tent and 4 in the other... I really like doing 4 in my 4x4. Seems the best all around for space.. no overcrowding and room for ME to move around in there.. I'm a tall guy! lol

I think you should paint the inside if you have time.

I THINK
The wood will dry it a little to fast, with it painted I believe it will help with slowing the dry process for you.

Could be wrong, anyone elses opinions?..

But looking good regardless

Yeah, I'd love any an all opinions on this! The thought crossed my mind, but I do believe it should work great. :confused2:

Thank you so much for stopping in Shecalls! :aok:

Dr. Green Fang said:
Yeah, I'd love any an all opinions on this! The thought crossed my mind, but I do believe it should work great. :confused2:

Thank you so much for stopping in Shecalls! :aok:

Dr. Green Fang,

Id like to offer a bit of food for thought before you go filling up your drying cabinet with our cherished buds.

OSB (oriented strand board), and silicone (even if its food grade silicone) tend to off gas quite a bit. Did you make the frames for the screens out of pressure treated wood? kinda hard to tell. If so, i highly recommend to not use pressure treated material. Pressure treated material is not to be used on surfaces that come into contact with food, or other stuff that is directly consumed by people. The chemicals used to make the pressure treated wood are straight up bad. My worry, besides drying your buds to fast, is that the wood and silicone might off gas something that the buds will potentially absorb which could effect taste, effect, and safety of the MJ, and the same for the pressure treated material. At the very least i would test it with a small quantity before filling it up with harvest, and see if what you get is what you are happy with. Good luck :48: :2940th_rasta:

Oh wow............I didn't even consider any of that.

Oh man.... erm. I'd hope that there would be some thing I could do to salvage this in that case. Any paint maybe or... bah! I didin't even consider :( :(

Well then... Would love some more thoughts on this ESPECIALLY now!!!!

Ok, quick decision...

I'm thinking of heading to Home Depot.. buy new material for drawer sliders and frames for drawers / trays... I do believe this is pressure treated! As for the OSB, I'm going to paint it with some type of food grade paint I think... I didn't want the paint smell to suck in to them either, so I hadn't painted it, but this seems to be a better bet :confused2:

Damn.... Thanks for bringing this up, but surely with I thought of this before.

Dr. Green Fang said:
Ok, quick decision...

I'm thinking of heading to Home Depot.. buy new material for drawer sliders and frames for drawers / trays... I do believe this is pressure treated! As for the OSB, I'm going to paint it with some type of food grade paint I think... I didn't want the paint smell to suck in to them either, so I hadn't painted it, but this seems to be a better bet :confused2:

Damn.... Thanks for bringing this up, but surely with I thought of this before.

Dr.,

I didnt mean to rain on your parade, i just dont want to see your hard work and love get compromised.

If you want to try and salvage it i would try something like this.

Remove all pressure treated wood from the inside of the cabinet, and rebuild the frames. I do no not know what silicone you used, some is paintable and some is not. If it is not paintable then try cutting or scrapping it out of the corners. If you are worried about getting a good seal at the corners i would suggest using paintable latex caulking on the outside edges and corners only. Get a high quality interior latex paint and paint all surfaces with at least three good coats making sure to cover the entire surface, and pores, inside the cabinet and out and allow lots of dry time in between coats. once everything is painted, put the cabinet outside in the sun and allow it to bake the paint for several days. Then bring it inside, let it cool, reinstall the door and close it up for a day or two. After a day or two open the door and see how it smells. If there is no smell, then i would think you would be good to go, but i would still test it before filling it with a whole harvest.

If that doesnt work, and you have to rebuild and want to use wood, then consider buying some cabinet grade birch or maple plywood to use for your drying cabinet. If you go that route, shoot me a PM and i can tell you exactly what finish to put on it to seal it up, that is food grade and does not off gas anything.

Good Luck,

Stiky:icon_smile:

i used osb and flat white 10$ gallon primmer with 12 cfls in a cab and all went well i say grab acan of 10 gal white primer prime it and air dry it game on but ya poplar or any other hard wood long term is ideal i assume

but i'd use what u got thats just me e/ the pt is more rework imo rework is wasted time i dont waste time id paint it all white and build a new on in the future if your that concerned, actually will be using one of my osb cabinets same way only pt is under it on the floor not in it ;)

shoudl of just bought the set up from htg with the fan and net :p

Thanks you two :aok:

@Sticky: Thanks for the elaboration.. that is EXACTLY what I would have done, but I was worried about drying time and "chancing" it...so I went out and bought a 2.5' x 2.5' x 5' grow tent for my purpose. I'm scrapping this whole project lol... Just really wanted to thank ya for elaborating so much. :D

@N.E.: Glad you were able to use it, and yeah I could've made it work but alas... grow tent it is! >=D

Pics will be up later... this thing will be an eyesore for the room for a few days... but.. I can keep a close eye on everything and know I'm doing this best as possible.

ON a side note...

**GERRRRMINATION TIME, C-MON!!.....it's a germination!"

12 OG Seeds - Wizard Potion - Reg
1 CH9 - Toxic Blue - Fem

This is going to be fun! I believe I'll start an entirely new journal for them. Or should I keep it all to one journal? What's the general thoughts on this? :confused2:

I am just gonna run one long thread I like your title I'd keep it here easier for reference for others in the future as it will ofc become epically known! Have to say my fav thread on here atm :)

Hah, NICE! Cheers for that N.E.wguy! :aok:

Now if I could get it to 5 star rating.. since I had a member with multiple account rate it down... *sigh* .. haters. What are you going to do, right? :D

Alright.. I'll just keep the journal going. :D

Latest posts

Back