grow lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using a Mars TSW2000 for about a year now . . . a good light, did a great job in both flower and veg in a 3x3 tent, and I would recommend it all day for that size space.

My only complaint was the heat . . . I run an HLG Scorpion rspec in my flower room and it runs significantly cooler than the 300w Mars light. Driver on Mars light is often 110º F + . . . the bigger HLG light stays right at 90º F or under if dimmed. The Scorpion lights only require 12" hanging above canopy also, helps when dealing with lower ceiling heights.

Neither the driver or heatsink on the HLG are uncomfortable to touch with a bare hand . . . can't say that about the TSW2000.

I've been using a Mars TSW2000 for about a year now . . . a good light, did a great job in both flower and veg in a 3x3 tent, and I would recommend it all day for that size space.

My only complaint was the heat . . . I run an HLG Scorpion rspec in my flower room and it runs significantly cooler than the 300w Mars light. Driver on Mars light is often 110º F + . . . the bigger HLG light stays right at 90º F or under if dimmed. The Scorpion lights only require 12" hanging above canopy also, helps when dealing with lower ceiling heights.

Neither the driver or heatsink on the HLG are uncomfortable to touch with a bare hand . . . can't say that about the TSW2000.
Mine has removable driver, and long enough cord to relocate outside of tent. I haven't, mine float around 76 degrees or so, little bit higher in dead of summer.

Bubba

Anyone use Timber LED lights ? I have for several years with good results.

I looked at them, top notch stuff

Bubba

AFTER 4 DAYS UNDER MARS HYDRO TSW2000

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 9
From sprout to there in 4 days? I like lights you can control cycles for Veg and Flower including brightness control or via a program. I use the "Sunrise/Sunset" set up. It's a veg like Blite color setting in the morning to a more Burple color in the afternoon. I get a better all around even early growth.

As a noob to this site, I started reading all the comments and such before I start asking questions. This thread however would help me with a grow box I'm designing. I'm going to be using an Ikea armoire for this. The veg/flower chamber has a footprint of 4"sq. I followed the link to CoCo and did their calculation calculator. They're suggesting the TS1000. Would you recommend this model or a different one for the size area I'll be growing in? Related to this. I'll need two smaller lamps. One for a mother chamber and a cloning chamber. Those two chambers are 2.5'sq. What would you recommend for them?

Related to this, before I can install lights I'm going to need to know how much heat they give off, so I know what size fan I need to order. (and modify for armoire). What size exhaust would you recommend to keep my box cool?

From sprout to there in 4 days? I like lights you can control cycles for Veg and Flower including brightness control or via a program. I use the "Sunrise/Sunset" set up. It's a veg like Blite color setting in the morning to a more Burple color in the afternoon. I get a better all around even early growth.
I assume the sunrise sunset feature gradually ramps the lights up/down gradually, like in nature? That would be cool 😎

Bubba

As a noob to this site, I started reading all the comments and such before I start asking questions. This thread however would help me with a grow box I'm designing. I'm going to be using an Ikea armoire for this. The veg/flower chamber has a footprint of 4"sq. I followed the link to CoCo and did their calculation calculator. They're suggesting the TS1000. Would you recommend this model or a different one for the size area I'll be growing in? Related to this. I'll need two smaller lamps. One for a mother chamber and a cloning chamber. Those two chambers are 2.5'sq. What would you recommend for them?

Related to this, before I can install lights I'm going to need to know how much heat they give off, so I know what size fan I need to order. (and modify for armoire). What size exhaust would you recommend to keep my box cool?
Minimum 4", I would use 6" myself. Infinity are very nice. So, grow/flower area is 2x2, right? How tall from bottom to top of grow/flower chamber? Might have a different ventilation suggestion.

Bubba

here are the plants that were all plantrd in one bucket 10 to be exact they survived after all what would happen if i flipped them now?

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 6
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 6
no not from sprout i was refering to the diference 4 days under the mars hydro as compared to my kings led

iam doing an experiment to see which light grows the best and the most potency i have two of the exact same tents i put half in one tent with the kings led and half in the other with the mars 2000 the kings sure has alot more blue light but the mars hydro is brighter time will tell top is maes the bottom king alot more blue

Attachments

• 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 185.JPG
    185.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 5
Minimum 4", I would use 6" myself. Infinity is very nice. So, grow/flower area is 2x2, right? How tall from bottom to top of grow/flower chamber? Might have a different ventilation suggestion.

Bubba
Not sure I follow...4"? 6"? Yeah, that's what I'm calculating. I'm going to attach the diagram of the Ikea cabinet I'll be using.

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 11
Not sure I follow...4"? 6"? Yeah, that's what I'm calculating. I'm going to attach the diagram of the Ikea cabinet I'll be using.
Diameter of the fan, typically 4", 6", 8", 10 and so on. Look at Infinity site, they are sponsors here.

Bubba

Oic now! LOL! Haven't grown so much as an air fern in 20 years. I was thinking about how many CFM's I needed to move to keep the ballast cool and the plant(s) supplied with fresh air. What I had planned on doing many years ago was to use a Panasonic ultra-quiet bathroom fan. They still make that line today, and I just found a 290 CFM that's only 2.0 sonnes (mouse fart quiet!) I'd mount that on the wall between the upper-most right-hand side cubical and the top of the flower-chamber. Put an extra shelf up there to hang lights from one side and have a DIY carbon scrubber on the reverse.

That was then...I don't have any experience with LEDs or their ballasts, or how hot they get. I'll take a look at that site you recommend. Would you recommend the TS-1000 for my box, or should I look for something better? I love that Holmes on Homes. I like his motto too, "Do it right!" I rather take my time, buy quality products so I can build something that will last for years!

i have a 3x3x3x 72 vizosun grow tent with a kings led1000 light a humidifier a 4 inch exhaust fan and 2 pole fans and am using fox farms ocean i grew one plant with this light it turned out ok not really huge buds but good quality i was looking at the mars hydro 2000 will it be worth it to invest in this light ?
Google ChilLED Tech lightning made by hand in Washington state and are the best lights I've ever used hands down. Huge buds. Great 500 watts at the wall outlet not this equivalent to. These lights are commercial grade and amaze me. And I've used all the big name lights. HLG comes close but not as bright

Latest posts

Back