growing super lemon haze and white widow outside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruufuus

novice ethnobotanist
Reaction score
hey guys, i just planted 1xfem white widow and 1x fem super lemon haze seed indoors to start/get established. a week or two from now i will bring them outside, bury a 5g bucket full of coco mix and put them in it. i could use some insight from some of you avid outdoor growers.

my questions are as follows-will it be okay to spray them with 7 pest spray during veg? also, will 5g of medium be enough to get them through the summer without them outgrowing the pot? also, i live in a very humid region, we dont get an extreme amount of rain, but i worry about molding during the flowering stage, what precautionary measures can i take to help prevent my crop from getting molded?

as kind of a side note, i planted an autoflowering in a burried 3g grow bag, i germinated till i saw root forming then put it about a half or quarter inch down bout 4 days ago, i checked on it yesterday and nothing came up so i moved the coco a bit and found the stem, but no leaves. will it be okay?

Growing resources tab. Read and re-read. All your questions can be answered there.

my questions are as follows-will it be okay to spray them with 7 pest spray during veg?

I do not use this product so I have no idea. I do use diatomaceous earth and I only think of dusting and/or spraying if there is a major infestation.

will 5g of medium be enough to get them through the summer without them outgrowing the pot?

I have grown outdoors in 5 gallon bucket. Got some great bud:aok: The roots will fill the bucket but it is quite easy to complete a grow.

what precautionary measures can i take to help prevent my crop from getting molded?

Plant where there is a breeze and it gets the sun first thing in the morning in order to dry/burn off the moisture/dew from the buds first thing.

checked on it yesterday and nothing came up so i moved the coco a bit and found the stem, but no leaves. will it be okay?

You have a tap root but no leaves? That does not sound good:(

I hoped my answers have helped. Be sitting on my nest and watching your grow show:D Good luck and can't wait to see them finish.

Thanks for your post duck! I found a pretty good spot for em I think, its a small open spot betweeen a bunch of trees, looks to be big enough to fit 2 monster plants, and as for the breeze/morning sun I will be trimming the sorrounding trees a bit for better airflow/light penetration =). And as for the auto, I guess only time will tell. I will go check on her in a few days and see if anything has come of her. Thanks again for your post, I love it when people provide information like this!

ruufuus said:
Thanks for your post duck! I found a pretty good spot for em I think, its a small open spot betweeen a bunch of trees, looks to be big enough to fit 2 monster plants, and as for the breeze/morning sun I will be trimming the sorrounding trees a bit for better airflow/light penetration =). And as for the auto, I guess only time will tell. I will go check on her in a few days and see if anything has come of her. Thanks again for your post, I love it when people provide information like this!

Hey Ruufus that GreenHouse Super Lemon Haze is uper dank... just finished 2 outdoors (reg beans) here.. in stretch mine almost tripled in size make sure they got plenti of room.. theres some pics of them in tha Cave .. i took one at 10 weeks and last one came down at 12... i was going for 14 but the weather wouldnt allow that.. the buds get super heavy and needed staking ...

Duck pretty much nailed it on outdoor growing.. only thing i got to add is spread a little soap and pee around your plants to help keep critters away. every little precation helps

Best of luck with your outdoor adventure

Aloha
Squidy

SquidyPacheco said:
Hey Ruufus that GreenHouse Super Lemon Haze is uper dank... just finished 2 outdoors (reg beans) here.. in stretch mine almost tripled in size make sure they got plenti of room.. theres some pics of them in tha Cave .. i took one at 10 weeks and last one came down at 12... i was going for 14 but the weather wouldnt allow that.. the buds get super heavy and needed staking ...

Duck pretty much nailed it on outdoor growing.. only thing i got to add is spread a little soap and pee around your plants to help keep critters away. every little precation helps

Best of luck with your outdoor adventure

Aloha
Squidy
Great to hear! I just worry because from what I have read mold is almost inevitable so I'm trying to draw some info from people who have first hand experience. I will plant them late april early may, meanwhile I will be prepping the area, trimming trees, treating the ground for bugs and putting up rodent deterents =)

How big did they get? I'm hopin for a couple ounces off it, you think that's possible?

ruufuus said:
How big did they get? I'm hopin for a couple ounces off it, you think that's possible?

That should be quite achievable.;)

What do you think I can expect from these ladies? Will be a solid 5to6 months of grow time from the time I plant to the time I will be harvesting. Where I live we get about 15 hours of sunlight maximum, and will the 5g buckets be sufficient to grow the monsters I'm looking for? optimally I would like to harvest about a qp or more from each, but a couple ounces will keep me happy..

Dan K. Liberty said:
hey Ruuf nice plan . . . if ya got duck n squidy on your side you can't go wrong

one little thing I will throw in - if your gonna play "bury the bucket" then make sure 2 things: (a) the buckets has holes, and (b) native soil underneath the buckets will perk well, no clay . . . maybe add a 3" layer of crush stone underneath em for flood insurance hehe

otherwise, if you get some real heavy rain on em in a short time span, could fill up the bucket bottoms and drown the root tips . . .

a nice healthy WW can easy put a qp on outside - the haze, not so sure. WW will chop prolly at least 2-3 weeks earlier too

huge mojo for em to get huge . . . -jm2c :48:

Great advice, I didn't think about that, around here we got a lot of. Clay, so maybe I should dig down a bit extra and layer some rock?

ruufuus said:

they was put out to flower at 16inches during a off season grow the plant stretched to about4 feet and yielded about 2 oz which is a good harvest for this time of year here in the 808 state.. For late short season.. Im in the tropics humidity here is crazy the slh stood up to a lot of rain.. With no mold or pm at all..

Aloha

SquidyPacheco said:
they was put out to flower at 16inches during a off season grow the plant stretched to about4 feet and yielded about 2 oz which is a good harvest for this time of year here in the 808 state.. For late short season.. Im in the tropics humidity here is crazy the slh stood up to a lot of rain.. With no mold or pm at all..

Aloha

thanks for the encouragement! i was begining to worry because it is quite humid where i live, and the spot i will be growing in is pretty well surrounded by trees, but i will be trimming the surrounding trees so they dont shade my plant and to let better air-flow through to prevent the mold factor =].

would I be better off skipping the buckets and just filling a hole with my coco to prevent drainage problems?

I've got a couple of freebie lemon haze greenhouse...... I hear it's a hard animal to tame for closet grows...... been tempted... but scared..... good luck be safe..... how tall will they get?...... I'm lurking on this grow for sure.

Grower13 said:
I've got a couple of freebie lemon haze greenhouse...... I hear it's a hard animal to tame for closet grows...... been tempted... but scared..... good luck be safe..... how tall will they get?...... I'm lurking on this grow for sure.

i am not sure how big it will get. Most of the indoor plants i have seen were about 2-3 feet tall, and i watched a video of an outdoor grow and the plant looked to be a 5+ft bush. Thus far i have only gawked at this strain through videos and reviews, and finally broke down and purchased the seed =]. in light of everyones interest i suppose i should start a thread in the journal section for this as not to let anyone down;) i thank you all for your insight thus far, and will be starting a journal thread as soon as the ladies poke they're heads into existence.

Latest posts

Back