Growing w/ HabitualConcepts: A Stoner's Story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HabitualConcepts said:
Day 25:

The DWC is looking better and better. Leaves look broader. I'm going to put together another bottle asap.

Still using the cfl. Half of the light is shining on the original potted plant. Two plants in pot seem to be maintaining. Temperature has been between 68 and 71F.

As a side note. Putting together a fish tank not only puts any suspicions of messing with plants and chemicals to rest by parents or others, but the base doubles as a perfect grow spot. The walls are black, but really reflective. Now if I can get them to stop asking why my room smells like a skunk? Right now I'm just saying Thai food.

Walls are black, they may be reflecting, but not the good stuff. You need white painted walls or a reflective covering!!! I thought a mirror would be a great thing at first, then was told the reflection is merely the light and the darkness of the backing traps all the good.

Day 26:

Holy crap the DWC is taking off. I can't believe it took me so long to get to this point. The one I put in is already bigger than my original plant that started growing in soil 26 days ago. I will say though, I know the depth of the soil is not enough.

The DWC plant is fully erect now, and I have devoted an entire 60 gallon air pump with an airstone to the little bottle it's in. The leaves seem to have doubled in size since it's been in the bottle the past couple days. Might be very slightly overnuted, but has a really nice green though. I've moved it from under my aquarium in the stand, to in my closet. I figure ventilation is better, and truthfully I don't want to hear two 60 gal air pumps while I'm sleeping. Setup some white folders around the plants. It's just some make shift crap I'm using for right now.

Leaving the lights on 24/7 still, but gave it about a 30 min break today. My closet is usually a little cooler than my room probably about 68F. I'll try to leave door open.

I haven't been watering the soil plants regularly, but the little one still is looking good. Definitely changing all my plants to DWC tom. One big plus would be all the extra room.

HabitualConcepts said:
As a side note. Putting together a fish tank not only puts any suspicions of messing with plants and chemicals to rest by parents or others, but the base doubles as a perfect grow spot. The walls are black, but really reflective. Now if I can get them to stop asking why my room smells like a skunk? Right now I'm just saying Thai food.

You are growing in your parents home without their knowledge or consent? Shame on you. That is really really bad mojo. You are not only putting their freedom at risk, but also their home. I have a hard time even conveying how wrong this is.....

thg is 100% correct.

grow up, move out of your parents basement, get a job, get your own place, pay your own bills, grow in your own house...

you are putting everyone in your parents home at severe risk of losing everything they worked for! :eek:

Where I live cultivation isn't a crime(until it flowers). I have a job, I have my own place, senior petroleum engineer in college, and at home for a couple weeks in a place that doesn't prosecute cultivation(looked into it)...and my parents know I'm growing plants, they could care less what it is. I was just throwing that in there as a side note. Not to be misinterpreted like this. I don't have anything but a seedling so I wouldn't even consider that growing at this point. My family has been growing tobacco for centuries, and let me say what I'm doing is nothing near some of the stuff my dad joked with by the river as a boy of the things that happened through the years. As a side note, unless you know a family I wouldn't presume what is considered wrong in that family setting until I stepped foot into the house. My parents have known I smoked weed since I pretty much started, and I talk to them about the reasons I do regularly. I'm lucky enough to have open minded parents, and a father that admits he used to live a little once. Still working on getting him to blaze. Almost got him once, but not quite there.

Day 27:

DWC is the freaking bee's knees compared to soil. I'm pretty sure the two week sprout has already become larger than the month old soil medium sprout. Had to add a little distilled water today because of evap., but it probably helped b/c I think it was a little on the overnuted side.

Made another bottle for my other two seedlings, but can't find rockwool anywhere!

Flooded the soil today, after not watering for a day or two.

Outside temps are slightly warmer, but I've been trying to keep closet doors open to keep constant temps about 70F.

Gave one of my buddys some of my DWC equipment to help him start his own. Two brains are so much better than one...especially when they're both baked.
Built a few more bottles ready to go.

Day 28:

The DWC has the second set of leaves really developing now. The underlying stem of the leaves has a light red tint to it that I'm pretty sure is desired at this point? Looks pretty good I think. Leaves opening and developing towards the light at a good angle. Decided to turn low pressure air on at night, and high during day. Don't know if it makes any difference, but hopeing to slow down evaporation.

Got some Jiffy moss thingamajigs today. Any insight on using these. They look pretty legit, and with my 2" pots I don't think I'll need the hydroton since it's expands to about the same size. However, me being a re re left them at my buddy's on the other side of the city. Oh well, I wouldn't feel so bad if I hadn't gone back for my book and still forgot that. Figure I'll transplant my soil to DWC tomorrow.

got the Cannabis Grow Bible 2nd edition. Had lots of pics, with lots of good info. From everything I was told to look for this book looks pretty legit. Starting from chapter one so I'll see.

Day 28:

The DWC has the second set of leaves really developing now. The underlying stem of the leaves has a light red tint to it that I'm pretty sure is desired at this point? Looks pretty good I think. Leaves opening and developing towards the light at a good angle. Decided to turn low pressure air on at night, and high during day. Don't know if it makes any difference, but hopeing to slow down evaporation.

Got some Jiffy moss thingamajigs today. Any insight on using these. They look pretty legit, and with my 2" pots I don't think I'll need the hydroton since it's expands to about the same size. However, me being a re re left them at my buddy's on the other side of the city. Oh well, I wouldn't feel so bad if I hadn't gone back for my book and still forgot that. Figure I'll transplant my soil to DWC tomorrow.

got the Cannabis Grow Bible 2nd edition. Had lots of pics, with lots of good info. From everything I was told to look for this book looks pretty legit. Starting from chapter one so I'll see.

If they could care less, why are you trying to hide it from them? If they know why would they ask why your room smells like a skunk? It is tough to change your story and have people believe it--I think I am going with your original story. And if you do not believe that seedlings count as plants, you are simply wrong. In addition, growing carries other perils than just getting busted--you can get killed for your grow. WHERE exactly do they not prosecute for cultivation if you are not licensed?

when they are dry....lift up each container, give you an idea of how heavy it is.water the entire container, not just the surface. saturate all of the medium and let dry till containers are light again.

dont think hes around anymore this thread was over a year ago

Latest posts

Back