Guys, I'd Like Your Input on This....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuerillaGrower420

Reaction score
I'm going to the store this week to go get all of my supplies. I just wanted too see how creative we could be by creating a shopping list for all the basic needs for my outdoor grow. I'm going to be buying soil, and pots. I plan on planting about 12 seeds in hopes of getting 6 females or so. I know I can get a big package of jiffy pots at wally world too. So anything you guys can add to help my FTG would be great!

you would be better off planting your plants straight into the ground, is this not possible? if you can than you can put a spade on that list of yours.

I rarely plant my outdoor plants in pots. I always dig a good sized hole and get some good plastic and line the inside of the hole with it, slice a few holes in the plastic so it doesn't hold water and add whatever soil I choose. I only use pro mix so that's what I recommend.

What size pots are you going to be using? I have used 5 gallon buckets in the past and they seem to work decently but the bigger the better my friend.

I would also get some good nutes to use for veg and flower. Anything fox farms is a fantastic choice. Pretty much the best there is out there. That's really all I have at the moment.

I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to see some pics in the future. Keep us posted. Take care.

I can't grow indoors anymore..:fid: Family reasons.

My last 2 attempts @ outdoors were a disaster.

1st try was eaten by critters...

2nd try was too close to a commercial grow op that got spotted by those pesky bears in the air... :holysheep:

Man, I need some good karma my way...

It's up to you about what you want to do. I gave my opinion on what I would do in your position. I don't really know what you expected but if you want to use pots, then use pots. If you want to try my method, try it. It does work but in the end, it's all up to you. All you really need is some good-sized pots and some good soil and you're golden. Some good nutes for veg and flower would help out immensely. Any nutes that are fox farm is a good choice. This is the best I can help you my friend. Keep us posted and take care.

Maybe try buying a translucent fence to cover the plants from any wandering deer. Last year I had such a creature munch of my flowering 1 footer and then spit it out all chewed up. THAT was **... Anyways.. hmmm.. Get some rope and a pulley, some net, and make a trap so whoever wanders by gets trapped in a net and slung up a tree. Lol :p

Deer won't be a problem, or at least shoulden't be. I hunt this land all the time and I'm pretty sure they never come over in this spot...man, I wish I could just post pics up of the place

Forget the big pots they will only draw attention and require higher maintanence. "make" pots with a shovel
If your going to do a chemical grow a high N fert. until flower then switch to a high P one
If you take Smokeys advice ( and that's the way I would go)the organic section has reams of info on ferts and soil building.
If you hunt there does anyone else?

I would also say Dig a hole and fill with some of your choice mix. But if you can get away with pots...go for it! just use earth toned pots that arent so easily noticed as the white black or orange. green brown or camo would work better. maybe sit the pots in some tall grass?

anxious to see what you choose to do...keep us posted man.
good luck

Nobody hunts on this land, but me. I spray paint camo very well. I bought a couple bags of MG soil, jiffy pots, fert (I'll have to post the nute profile on soil and ferts, but basically high N, some P, and about equal amount of K) Spray painting my pots, and putting weeds up against them to blend in better, putting them in tall grass, thats about right now. I suppose this could be moved to the journal section because it is turning more like one.

Those 2 bags were enough to fill 7 3 gallon pots (There each a little more than 3 gal, but thats what I could get my hands on). Set up those pots in about an hour with my brother. Put peat pots, and ferts in a shed, so as they are not outside. I want to keep those plants in the peat pots until they are sexed, but I don't know if they are big enough for that. Any input on my doings will be appreciated btw. Good water source flowing, next time I go oout, I'm taking a sample to test the ph level of it. Soil NPK: .15-.05-.10

3 gallon pots are ok but the bigger the better. You could always dig a hole and set the pot inside of it. That would reduce the height a little bit and hide the pot. You won't be able to keep the plants in the peat pots until they show sex. It usually takes a while for the plants to start showing preflowers when they are outdoors. Mine usually take 2-3 months outside and are usually 3-5 feet tall before they start showing preflowers. Other than that, sounds like you have a good start. You should probably go ahead and start a grow journal. Keep us posted my friend. Take care.

COULD A MOD PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD TO JOURNAL SECTION

Yeah, I know about the pot size, but if you guys knew my full situation on the land, you would understand. I'll give away that it is kinda swampy where I have my pots

Watch out for a big rain it could flood. One aspect of growing ourdoors is only going to your plants when you have too. If they are in pots and get very big you are going to have to go and water them a lot maybe every secont or third day. When the pots get full of roots the water runs through them really fast and its hard to get them good and wet. I have had to set the pots over in a pan or water and let it soak up from the bottom to get them wet enough and it only last a couple days. You may have to carry lots of water. good luck. All the guys telling you to plant in the ground if you can were trying to save you lots of water trips.

Yeah, I know about saving water trips, but nobody can see me walk to this spot, except for in the air, it is covered all around, but I still don't want to take a chance if I'm wrong. The watering might ****, but there is plenty of stream water to get, and oh btw: I found what looks like a drain pipe in this creek that is above the water about 1 1/2", and blends right in, just thought it was interesting, don't know what to think about it (It probably runs from my house)

I would definitely check the water's ph in the stream to make sure it's suitable for your babies. If you think it's safe to make trips to your plants every couple of days, then I say go for it. Don't take the same path every time and try not to stomp down the weeds that will grow around your plants. You could also get some stuff that retains water real well. I have used sponges that are cut up in small pieces as a cheap alternative. They will hold water. Other than that, I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Yeah, I have the ability to check the Ph everytime I gather it, so I'm going to do that because the levels might vary. I can't give anymore away than I don't have to worry much about trampling weeds making a trail.

Holy cow, carrying dirt to my plot because I forgot to mix with the miracle grow.
Learning the hard way I guess, mixed with my dirt and peat moss, a football field and a half away....At least a hundred pounds, wow tiring. At least I got it done, and learned my lesson in thnking everything properly.

Latest posts

Back