H3ri first grow ever with CFL and cabinet (White Whidow)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiranmanu

Reaction score
H3ri first grow ever with CFL and cabinet (White Whidow)

So I am basically a first time grower. I have done much needed research on this matter and looked up so much information I think I will be on the right track with all this information around here. Let me get started, items purchased

8x23watt Daylight CFL (6500K)
8x23watt Warm White CFL (2700K)
1 Oscillating fan to keep the temperatures down (temporary measure, going to make exhaust fans)
Cabinet dimensions are 31 1/2" H x 24" W x 12" D (Sounds small but upon taking a good look at it at the store it is pretty adequate for what it will be used.
I have got thermometer with hygrometer
Electric timer for the lights
Miracle Grow Seed Starting Potting Mix with ingredients only consisting of peat moss, perlite, wetting agent, and 0.05-0.01-0.05 mixture.
Better Gro Orchid Plus 20-14-13 for use in the vegetative stage
Better Gro Orchid Bloom Booster 11-35-15 for use in flowering stage

I have already germinated the seeds and they are ready to be planted. I have got white widow on the way which should be in my mail very soon and the seeds that are germinated are some really good mids, I wanted to do this so I can practice on the mids first then I can use most of the knowledge gained to put to use on the white widow plants just one step behind those mids.

If you could guys share your vast knowledge and help me with any tips or information at this point. I know I need to get 100watts per plant and in this setup I have 4x23watt bulbs per plant, I am wondering if that would suffice, if not I can easily put another bulb in the middle.

Thanks,
H3ri

I wish i could help you out but i will be watching this grow with alot of interest. I would try to either get some high power CFL's for Flowering or a few small HPS setups for it. But honestly it sounds like you are testing some theories with cfls so i wish you the best and Ill try to check up on this when i can. Also do you have any pics of the setup.?

Same here - CFL cabinet grow. Where are you in the world? I have lots of heat issues down here in FL. What's the plan for cooling the CFLs?

Do you plan to veg and flower in same box?

Yeah I definately have pictures. They are now attached, not sure why I didn't do that before.

I am in Alabama, heat is okay now since it is getting alot cooler outside. I have an oscillating fan and I have 2 computer fans. Yeah every stage will be completed in that cabinet. I am going to be doing some LST so it will definately be able to fit in that cabinet.

IMG_0338333333333333.jpg

IMG_034233333333333333.jpg

IMG_0344333333333333333.jpg

Looks like a nice project! If this is supposed to be stealth you might need some carbon filter.

Props to a fellow Alabamian, I'm also getting ready to start a grow here shortly once my semester is over. I plan on building a small cabinet in my attic and insulating it. I'm a little limited on building because I have these small doors that lead to my attic (probably a 3ft by 3ft door) so my box will have to be smaller than i'd like. I'm flipping around the idea of just using CFL's in a blend like yours or buying less CFL's and the 20 buck HPS. I need to make a good reflector for the HPS so it sits horizontally to conserve space.

I'll be pulling up a chair to watch this one, i'm gonna use some good bagseed for my 1st couple tries too before I order some ICE/WW. Gotta love southern farmers gettin back to what we do best.

DS

Latest posts

Back